[Illustrated tips & guidelines] Making beautiful female characters

qtpie

• A good colour for eyeliner that matches most eyes, hairs and faces is a semi-transparent fairly dark blue. Try to avoid full black
  • Try to avoid very dark eyeshadow; a little touch up is fine. i recommend very little alpha for eye-shadows.

Try to avoid full black

avoid full black

Why would you say that? D:

I'm really not mutch into make-up when it comes to women but if it must be it always should be darkest black avilaible.

Well...could be because I love metal and goth chicks x)

Other than that it is a really useful guide.

I don't use most of it because I play on a laptop and overdetailed chars in a medium-setting skyrimworld look kinda...off.

Also it is kinda easy to get a decent looking female in skyrim (with just a few mods).

It's way harder in Fallout I think.

xhv3pdz.jpg

Well...i still think the right one looks better ;)

Well that is a matter of opinion I guess.

What ruins this picture is the lipstick btw.

EDIT: Oh MikeMetal already said that. Haven't read the second page before posting.

Because the original picture was not very good, and you guys take offense to the wording; I've changed the illustration used in the guide:

7XGGvqR.jpg

The point of the image is to illustrate how thick black eyeliner can be used as a quick enhancement, but that you get prettier and more natural looking faces with lighter tints. I consider thick black eyeliner a fast, cheap trick, only to be used as a last resort.

This is, of course, just my opinion, and you are entitled to yours. It is not my intention to act as the authority on waifu beauty; I just want to help people who are less comfortable with sliders.

The reason the opinion is in the guide is that I think it is a good general rule that can give inexperienced people something to start with. They too will quickly make up their own minds about what they prefer after some experimenting.

I've finally made some progress, I used the Mature Skin as a texture for the body with the Sporty Sexy Map mod and LiTH's Face Enhancement. I think it looks wonderful, plus the Brows mod from Hvergelmir is excellent. Thanks to those that helped me figure this stuff out! Just gotta download some other mods like Better Makeup, XCE - Warpaint and Dirt, Coverkhajiits, and EEO.

Now I'm looking for a nice skin texture for CBBE for the beast races of Skyrim. I found one for Argonians http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27469//? but I can't find many options for Khajiit, only this one so far by Kisa http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4962//? but I just wanted to find out if there are some other mods I can check out for this.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5941

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/39278

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/7712

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/6192

I find this texture mods for better animal races, look simply hornier out .

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/2995/?

2995-1-1362831959.jpg

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/5857/?

5857-1-1328917239.png

A very nice and detailed description that even the biggest noob can follow. You can add this to the babyface section: Decrease mouth width slightly. Almost all manga characters and many asian models has a small mouth but still with full lips, which adds to the cuteness factor. Maybe you can find a better description.

Hey, imo it would be better to call them "guidelines" instead of "tips".

And instead of saying "avoid" just show or talk about the type of look it can create, as you did with some of them already.

If people were to just follow what you've said blindly, then everyone's character that followed this would look exactly the same. Which is a big syndrome around these types of games where a lot of people's characters look exactly alike(just visit the Nexus and see what I'm talking about).

You can literally make beauty out of a number of the avoids and doing the complete opposite of these tips, too. I really enjoy your guide, as I liked the first post, but I personally feel it's better to just show people what certain choices can do to faces(as you've done with part of the guide) over saying avoid it.

And instead of saying "avoid" just show or talk about the type of look it can create, as you did with some of them already.

If people were to just follow what you've said blindly, then everyone's character that followed this would look exactly the same. Which is a big syndrome around these types of games where a lot of people's characters look exactly alike(just visit the Nexus and see what I'm talking about).

You can literally make beauty out of a number of the avoids and doing the complete opposite of these tips, too. I really enjoy your guide, as I liked the first post, but I personally feel it's better to just show people what certain choices can do to faces(as you've done with part of the guide) over saying avoid it.

I don't agree fully. You can't make a beautiful face with a wide jaw, big nose and all kinds of extreme settings but that's kinda obvious, so you could actually skip most of the steps containing "avoid" and focus on what you can do. I see this guide as a base to creating an archetype, then the user has to personalize their character to make it unique. It's up to them how much they want to work with that part.

Changing the title to calling them guidelines is absolutely a good idea.

I don't agree fully. You can't make a beautiful face with a wide jaw, big nose and all kinds of extreme settings but that's kinda obvious, so you could actually skip most of the steps containing "avoid" and focus on what you can do. I see this guide as a base to creating an archetype, then the user has to personalize their character to make it unique. It's up to them how much they want to work with that part.

You absolutely can make a beautiful face with a wide jaw(Angelina Jolie and Olivia Wilde have wide jaws), big nose(Rosario Dawson, Lucy Liu, Uma Thurman, have big noses), etc. All at the same time, it'd be tough but I do think it's possible. 

But on extremes? Extremes are never really a good thing.

Changing the title to calling them guidelines is absolutely a good idea.

Thanks man.

So I made a new female character a few days back for my 2nd playthrough of Skyrim, and I have to say, she's kinda gorgeous DEPENDING on which angle you view her. Since I have no idea of what the female head anatomy is supposed to look like in Skyrim, I'm at a total loss on what to do to fix her "puffy cheeks".

Btw, I have unvision face, ECE, and Ran's headmesh Type-D installed.

post-32351-0-31662800-1381336062_thumb.png

post-32351-0-89601100-1381336105_thumb.png

So I made a new female character a few days back for my 2nd playthrough of Skyrim, and I have to say, she's kinda gorgeous DEPENDING on which angle you view her. Since I have no idea of what the female head anatomy is supposed to look like in Skyrim, I'm at a total loss on what to do to fix her "puffy cheeks".

Btw, I have unvision face, ECE, and Ran's headmesh Type-D installed.

How old school of you! univision + Ran used to be super popular!

Nothing wrong with that, but I think removing Ran's headmesh and using the one from ECE will probably help with your problem.

If that alone is not enough, I think the relevant ECE-sliders for you are:

• racial traits (experiment with some of them.They might help)
  • face roundness
  • cheek width
  • cheek roundness
  • jaw width
  • jaw height

I think just removing Ran, and adjusting some of the lower-head sliders slightly to adapt the face to your new mesh will help.

Don't bother with the cheekbone-sliders at first. You can use them to adjust the face when you have fixed her jawbreaker-cheeks, but I don't think they will fix your problem.

Also, use the racial trait sliders with care. They can make heads kind of blocky, and sometimes they add some bad changes that you don't see at first. I only use them as a last resort.

Feel free to post an update with more screenshots if this didn't help.

Good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

I've finally made some progress, I used the Mature Skin as a texture for the body with the Sporty Sexy Map mod and LiTH's Face Enhancement. I think it looks wonderful, plus the Brows mod from Hvergelmir is excellent. Thanks to those that helped me figure this stuff out! Just gotta download some other mods like Better Makeup, XCE - Warpaint and Dirt, Coverkhajiits, and EEO.

Now I'm looking for a nice skin texture for CBBE for the beast races of Skyrim. I found one for Argonians http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/27469//? but I can't find many options for Khajiit, only this one so far by Kisa http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/4962//? but I just wanted to find out if there are some other mods I can check out for this.

I am using UNPB body, but this is for CBBE or UNP body types. So it should work as well for you as it did me. I don't use the textures for my humans/elves, but it looks really good on the beast races. It gives options when you install it so you could just use it for argonians if you wanted.

could someone please help me improve my character's face a bit?

http://i.imgur.com/VsvglPd.jpg

"Dirty" the hair out some or desaturate it a bit. Darken it to match her eyes, or darken it slightly and make her eyes brighter. As her hair is killing her eyes, unless that was the look you were going for.

Make the lips brighter but with less color(thus natural).

Give her a slight and very faint fleshy color to her cheeks.

I think her face shape is really great, as she has a really innocent appearance. It's just choice of hair color and tints to play with.

Just suggestions based on my opinion, is all.

When I look at her I just keep looking at her hair and nothing else as it's the only thing grabbing my attention. My personal opinion on the matter is, that if the hair is going to stand out, the face needs strong features and her hair hides her.

forgot to update my character's look here  ^^;;

http://i.imgur.com/bVhhxO9.jpg

still would want to improve her look

@Vol2 i changed her face shape because it was really bothering me :x if i could have made her face a bit rounder sort of like a combination between a V and a U, but i messed it up

I really like both versions of the face shape you've shown though, heh. The eye type and angle, lips, nose, and everything, it's looking real good to me. Actually in this new picture even moreso, but the hair keeps drawing me away from her face.

Archived