(ALPHA) Sexlab Aroused NG

On 6/24/2023 at 4:32 PM, ponzipyramid said:

I added back keyword editing which was missing from SLAM, seems to work on AE but judging by @pinky6225's report there may be an issue on 1.5.97.

I'm using GoG v1.6.659, perhaps I'm missing something, but I'm not seeing any way to modify/add/delete keywords either using SLANG v0.2.2. I see a basic list there that isn't the 'defacto baka related' standard (I don't think), but none of the other keywords for baka related keywords, they're there in the ESP, but I can't flag something as having it unless I edit the esp's of the outfit obviously, which sucks. I do know that the baka keywords attached to the armors/outfits are working (since they are in the SLANG esp), I just can't modify them or add them to the arousal mcm so I can easily attach them to outfits.

I am playing on a new game (albeit, I'm working on my load order, so something might be messed up), and as far as I can tell the mod is working fine otherwise, but this lacking feature makes me want to cry.

Can someone else confirm this in some way/fix it? I mean, I can modify the MCM to show them I suppose if I want (which is what I'll likely end up doing without some kind of otherwise resolution, but that sucks, especially if I have to do that with each new update).

Also, if ponzipyramid can reply, I read in one of your posts that SLANG might be merging with OSLA - could you elaborate a bit more? ie: is OSLA merging with you (SLANG becomes the new dominate go to) or is SLANG merging with OSLA (so we should watch for a new OSLA release). Just interested as to which mod we should be keeping an eye out for, this one or OSLA for this 'possible' merging to happen.

On 12/29/2023 at 8:28 AM, vedixsz said:

This doesn't seem to play aroused animation same as the original aroused mod? I remember using the original about two or so years ago and it played aroused animation fine.

You can easily use DAR/OAR for this feature at this point, pretty sure there's a mod out there now (been out like over a year or so I think) that already does it for you with DAR at the very least (all DAR related mods work with OAR). I think it's on nexus, sorry don't remember the name, just search for arousal and DAR/OAR and I'm sure you'll come across it, has the same functionality as the SLA feature iirc, and the possibility for much more imo, this really isn't a feature needed in SLA any longer, personally I really think it should be left out, it just confuses the issue. Everyone is using OAR these days (DAR is outdated now/no longer in development I believe), and if you're not using OAR, then you should be, go get it, it's a great mod (the UI alone is worth it). Every DAR mod I have has been 100% backward compatible without any need to do anything to it to get it to work with OAR, this has been an awesome mod for us, can't praise it enough.

8 hours ago, AWHA2 said:

how does this compare with OSL Aroused Reborn?

I'd say it's just performance, I don't think Arousal Reborn adds anything new to the table aside from optimization tweaks.

Imo I'd stick to OSL AR (not to be rude but this mod is currently in alpha, and it seems to want to stay true to its original predecessors so, I'd say it depends on if you had experience with previous SLA versions and want to remain in that specific framework, or hop into OSL and try its features, then again, I believe its the same but made by very different people)

EDIT: To add to the harsh detail, this mod hasn't been updated since published (probably because it's a small group of users if not just one person fidgeting with the code), OSL on the other hand, seems to be receiving frequent updates, or at least frequent enough to reduce incompatibilities with the multiple post-creations versions.

One thing though, if you have mods that specifically need SexLab Aroused, then this mod might be your saving grace.

Edited by VirtualNot
Adding more information
  • 3 weeks later...

Many functions of DD, DDNG 0.2.9, and DCL attempt to retrieve actor arousal via the legacy GetActorExposure function which generally doesn't seem to work as expected (as alluded to by @akockl2 above). I'm not sure what the full ramifications of doing so are, but I changed GetActorExposure to just call through to GetActorArousal and DD stuff seems to be working much better. Here's the modified script:

Edit: I have made an additional change to this script, see my comment below.

slaframeworkscr.pex

Edited by edinburg

Further testing with my modified script revealed another issue with DD. When DD attempts to give the player an orgasm from vibrating plugs (which is now possible as it can correctly read if the player is aroused enough to do so), it calls the UpdateActorOrgasmDate function which is deprecated and doesn't do anything. So I made another script change to have UpdateActorOrgasmDate call slaMain.defaultPlugin.OnOrgasm, which now triggers an orgasm as intended by DD. As above, I'm not sure what the full ramifications of this are for other mods.

I have updated the script in my comment above with this additional change.

5 hours ago, Bane Master said:

Many thanks for this - it would be helpful if you could post the source (psc) file too please

Sure, here you go. The only changes should be to GetActorExposure, SetActorExposure, and UpdateActorOrgasmDate.

I'm not positive I understand the full consequences of my changes. DD/DCL make loads of calls to modify exposure and exposure rate, which SLANG seems to mostly ignore in f avor of its own internal calculation of device and teasing arousal. All that seems to be working alright, but now that GetActorExposure is returning the total arousal I'm not sure if SetActorExposure is functioning quite as intended anymore. And while I can confirm that my changes to GetActorExposure and UpdateActorOrgasmDate make DD/DCL behave much better (device removal messages, onscreen notifications, and sleeping in chastity messages now all correctly take arousal into account and plug orgasms actually cause an orgasm), I'm not sure if there are other mods out there that would start behaving strangely if they were reliant on the legacy behavior.

Of course a better fix would be to update DDNG to integrate better with a modern arousal framework (probably OSLA if SLANG is getting folded into it), but that would likely be a much more daunting project. I'm not sure how things are going with DDNG 0.3, but my bandaid fix seems to be working well in my current game with SLANG and DDNG 0.2.9.

slaframeworkscr.psc

• 2 weeks later...

Arousal for all actors is stuck at 0, "Effect settings" page in MCM is completely empty and log looks like this:

[2024-04-22 18:44:32.882] [Global] [info] [11868] [Main.cpp:58] SexlabArousedNG 0.0.0.1 is loading...
[2024-04-22 18:44:32.882] [Global] [info] [11868] [Main.cpp:49] Cosave serialization initialized.
[2024-04-22 18:44:32.882] [Global] [info] [11868] [Main.cpp:36] Papyrus functions bound.
[2024-04-22 18:44:32.882] [Global] [info] [11868] [Main.cpp:64] SexlabArousedNG has finished loading.
[2024-04-22 18:45:08.700] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:263] revert
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.121] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:302] load
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.121] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:313] Version correct
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.121] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:316] Loading 0 effects... 
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.121] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:323] Loading 25 data sets... 
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.122] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:347] finished loading

Any idea what is going on here?

On 2/11/2024 at 9:28 PM, ponzipyramid said:

General note: we've been discussing potentially merging SLANG's systems into OSL Aroused. That's not guaranteed to happen but I assume it'll make it easier for everyone if there's just one modernised aroused implementation. Stay tuned.

Depending on what's carried over, hopefully a good bit. I'd say this is an interesting prospect! 

I very much liked the prospect of characters having phases where they are more prone to arousal as seemed to be presented here and the categories that influenced arousal being distinct with the capability to reduce the amount coming in from legacy arousal. It helped to mitigate the characters becoming sex obsessed a great deal!

Hoping to hear more news!

For some reason, the exhibitionist setting isn't doing anything for me. Arousal continues to raise (timed) as expected, I'm just not getting any additional buff. Would be nice if there were exhibitionist factors displayed under Settings. Any ideas? My character is wearing nothing and standing in Riverwood Trader in front of two people.

On 4/23/2024 at 12:48 AM, outcast said:

Arousal for all actors is stuck at 0, "Effect settings" page in MCM is completely empty and log looks like this:

[2024-04-22 18:44:32.882] [Global] [info] [11868] [Main.cpp:58] SexlabArousedNG 0.0.0.1 is loading...
[2024-04-22 18:44:32.882] [Global] [info] [11868] [Main.cpp:49] Cosave serialization initialized.
[2024-04-22 18:44:32.882] [Global] [info] [11868] [Main.cpp:36] Papyrus functions bound.
[2024-04-22 18:44:32.882] [Global] [info] [11868] [Main.cpp:64] SexlabArousedNG has finished loading.
[2024-04-22 18:45:08.700] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:263] revert
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.121] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:302] load
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.121] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:313] Version correct
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.121] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:316] Loading 0 effects... 
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.121] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:323] Loading 25 data sets... 
[2024-04-22 18:45:13.122] [Global] [info] [11868] [ArousalManager.cpp:347] finished loading

Any idea what is going on here?

Did you use Edenberg's script from a few posts back?

I did and had the same until I put the original script back in

1 hour ago, ebbluminous said:

Did you use Edenberg's script from a few posts back?

I did and had the same until I put the original script back in

No but looks like there is an incompatibility with SLSO Hakkey's Tweaks even though I allowed Aroused NG to overwrite it. After I deleted Hakkey's Tweaks and started new game everything became OK.

1 hour ago, outcast said:

No but looks like there is an incompatibility with SLSO Hakkey's Tweaks even though I allowed Aroused NG to overwrite it. After I deleted Hakkey's Tweaks and started new game everything became OK.

Yeah, Hakkey's Tweaks is designed around SL Aroused (29 or 28b Baka).  So the new/different scripts for NG won't work with the altered scripts from Hakkey.