Display Model 3 Corpse Addon

13 hours ago, DarkRavage said:

I tried using 'R' (the sheath weapon button) when selecting an Actor, nothing happens. Do I need to wait for the code to refresh or something?

the correct process:

-> 1 you interact with furniture

-> 2 choose option to select actor

-> 3 game screen turn blue

-> 4 aim an actor with crosshair, press sheath weapon

-> 5 game blue screen goes back to normal

->6 actor is being mounted to device

if you cannot get to step 5 (so you stuck with blue screen and sheath weapon does nothing) then it means target is invalid (there's a sexlab check)

if you stuck at any other part then i dont know whats the problem so i cannot help you.

12 hours ago, Foulmouthjester said:

Any chance that you could add creatures? 

quite busy right now cannot check it in game, but gut feeling tells me its not possible.

from the looks of it, these replacers replace meshes, but they still use vanilla creature skeleton (cannot use human animation)

compatibility would be possible ONLY IF the creatures are replaced with human actor (using human skeleton) wearing clothes, but if thats the case, then there might even not need a patch as it could work out of the gate.

Edited by lk74
10 hours ago, lk74 said:

the correct process:

if you cannot get to step 5 (so you stuck with blue screen and sheath weapon does nothing) then it means target is invalid (there's a sexlab check)

if you stuck at any other part then i dont know whats the problem so i cannot help you.

quite busy right now cannot check it in game, but gut feeling tells me its not possible.

from the looks of it, these replacers replace meshes, but they still use vanilla creature skeleton (cannot use human animation)

compatibility would be possible ONLY IF the creatures are replaced with human actor (using human skeleton) wearing clothes, but if thats the case, then there might even not need a patch as it could work out of the gate.

Thanks! I don't get the blue screen. I think something is wrong with my installation. I will double check.

On 7/25/2023 at 2:40 AM, aemcia0511 said:

guys  Sorry, what is the problem I don't understand?

11.png

22.png

the correct process:

The error you posted probably occured on step 4. An actor is selected, and its reference is passed to Sexlab for a Sexlab valid actor check, and Sexlab return invalid because actor is dead.

This should not happen normally. 

Possible explanations

1. Corpse Addon is not installed correctly (Corpse Addon should overwrite DM3 files)

2. the actor you selected has weird stat setting (like having baseAV 'health' at 0 or negative value.....I assume this value would always be > 0)

If you can attach corpses (that you killed) and only get this error on some specific corpses, then its a bug I need to fix. 

If you cannot attach anything, then it might be an installation mistake.

On 7/26/2023 at 9:14 PM, lk74 said:

the correct process:

The error you posted probably occured on step 4. An actor is selected, and its reference is passed to Sexlab for a Sexlab valid actor check, and Sexlab return invalid because actor is dead.

This should not happen normally. 

Possible explanations

1. Corpse Addon is not installed correctly (Corpse Addon should overwrite DM3 files)

2. the actor you selected has weird stat setting (like having baseAV 'health' at 0 or negative value.....I assume this value would always be > 0)

If you can attach corpses (that you killed) and only get this error on some specific corpses, then its a bug I need to fix. 

If you cannot attach anything, then it might be an installation mistake.

emmm There should be no problem with the installation

I think it should be a value issue 

Thank you for your answer

• 4 weeks later...
14 hours ago, OmegaBlaster said:

How does this handle level list actors? Like random bandits? 

Or should we just keep to unique actors to be safe?

sadly this part im not sure. from its nexus description, im assuming it clones leveled actor. didnt have the time to look into it. wont have the time now.

in game, i did use this mod a lot on leveled actors, and so far i never encounter any bug or crash with it, thats as far as i can tell you.

On 8/28/2023 at 11:05 PM, LMOPE said:

The body on the device will disappear after a period of time, is there any solution??

iirc, body will disappear if 

1. its a temporary actor and there's no quest reference attached to it

2. there's a dead body cleanup script attached to it

proposed solution

- use a corpse management mod. see this reply

• 1 month later...

Thank you for your mod. It has been working for a while but unfortunately, I can no longer make it work in my new playthrough. I am able to get to step 4, but 5 never happens. 

After some debugging, I found that, although no visible conflict, Sexlab Utility + is preventing this mod from working correctly. And since DM3 still works on NPCs normally, I would assume it's due to how Sexlab Util + handles Corpse?

Just want to post this out here, and it would be great if there could be a patch. Thanks!

PS. Running on AE, which shouldn't matter because with out Sexlab Util +, this mod is working perfectly.

On 10/15/2023 at 9:50 PM, Vendor John said:

After some debugging, I found that, although no visible conflict, Sexlab Utility + is preventing this mod from working correctly. And since DM3 still works on NPCs normally, I would assume it's due to how Sexlab Util + handles Corpse?

Sorry for the late reply, I just went to check SLUP code and yes indeed there's a conflict.

Explanations here

Spoiler

SLUP repalced sslActorLibrary.pex which includes (thus replaces) the same function from Sexlab 

int function ValidateActor(Actor ActorRef)

This function is called by DM3 to validate an actor. If actor is refused by Sexlab, then DM3 will also refuse it.

In Sexlab, the problematic code that I need to circumvent was this 

elseIf ActorRef.IsDead() && ActorRef.GetActorValue("Health") < 1.0
        Log("ValidateActor("+BaseRef.GetName()+") -- FALSE -- He's dead Jim.")
        return -13

What I did was, before calling ValidateActor, I restore actor Health so that it will always be above 1.0 (so that even actor IsDead == True the second part will return false)
Then I call Sexlab ValidateActor which will consider the dead actor as alive so that the full Sexlab check would be executed.

But in SLUP the same code was altered.

elseIf ActorRef.IsDead() && ActorRef.GetActorValue("Health") != 1.0
        Log("ValidateActor("+BaseRef.GetName()+") -- FALSE -- He's dead Jim.")
        return -13

... I dont know why they wrote this. Maybe != gives better performance than < ?

A fix would be really easy... but a month ago I reinstalled my Skyrim and the code workspace need fixing, and sadly I'm busy with irl stuff right now, will only have the time to work on a patch 2 weeks from now :(

On 10/22/2023 at 4:59 PM, lk74 said:

Sorry for the late reply, I just went to check SLUP code and yes indeed there's a conflict.

Explanations here

Hide contents

SLUP repalced sslActorLibrary.pex which includes (thus replaces) the same function from Sexlab 

This function is called by DM3 to validate an actor. If actor is refused by Sexlab, then DM3 will also refuse it.

In Sexlab, the problematic code that I need to circumvent was this 

What I did was, before calling ValidateActor, I restore actor Health so that it will always be above 1.0 (so that even actor IsDead == True the second part will return false)
Then I call Sexlab ValidateActor which will consider the dead actor as alive so that the full Sexlab check would be executed.

But in SLUP the same code was altered.

... I dont know why they wrote this. Maybe != gives better performance than < ?

A fix would be really easy... but a month ago I reinstalled my Skyrim and the code workspace need fixing, and sadly I'm busy with irl stuff right now, will only have the time to work on a patch 2 weeks from now :(

Look forward to a fix patch for this one.

• 2 weeks later...

As usual bad/useless instructions how to use, why is always so hard to explain how to use mods ?? Asking crystal ball dont help !! Anyway i use additem command to add DM3 (i try Craft bondage furniture at the forge but there is nothing to craft...), then some clutters appear in my inventory when i try to use them, press E button it say:  [DMSE] device activator not found.

13 hours ago, NOI_Nomer said:

[DMSE] device activator not found.

Please describe in more detail what happened. Which item didn't work ? have you tried uninstalling this patch or look for DM3's manual ?

Anyway, since there's no information I could gather, here's what I could offer you.

TLDR, if the device activator shows on the [DM3|Ball] item, its normal. Try something else.

Spoiler

in DM3 vgamma1 version, the activator config file for the Ball was somehow changed from .json to .nope file

I dont know whether this is an oversight or DarkConsole decides to not use this item anymore.

Havent test this out, but changing manually that .nope back to .json should fix this instance of the bug. The content of the file is still valid.

On 11/10/2023 at 5:06 AM, theanarchistotaku said:

Does this work with clean up your corpses?

I do not understand what are you asking for. Which specific interactions from these mods are you trying to make work together? 

Since there's zero context, I think its safe to assume no they don't work together.

The only safe interaction I see is if you only use CUYC2 to take corpses into inventory and later offload them for DM3 use. anything else (nail, broom, saw, burn, maybe vampire resurrection) would break something.

8 hours ago, lk74 said:

I do not understand what are you asking for. Which specific interactions from these mods are you trying to make work together? 

Since there's zero context, I think its safe to assume no they don't work together.

The only safe interaction I see is if you only use CUYC2 to take corpses into inventory and later offload them for DM3 use. anything else (nail, broom, saw, burn, maybe vampire resurrection) would break something.

That's exactly what I meant the whole storing corpses thing