Stable Lewds 2

Inspired by Armchair's Stable Elves, I decided to take a stab at this too.  It's my first time doing any of this, so feel free to point out problems or make suggestions.  I am not an artist nor super creative and I generally get bored easy.  But anime/cartoon look isn't really my thing. 

StableLewds1 is my original mod, StableLewds2 is my second go around at things.  They do not conflict with each other nor should they conflict with other mods as they're using Vanilla Framework's formatting with suitable unique subspecies names.  StableLewds1 has been trimmed to 3 Humanoid portrait sets (all female only), but with unique portraits for each leader class.  StableLewds2 does not have unique portraits for each leader class but currently consists of 20 humanoid, 1 aquatic, and 2 machine portraits.

image.png.2e79d9e5cd68b1139d9bb6ab77df57d6.png

The first 3 lewd portraits are StableLewds1, the others StableLewds2.  Red strip denotes the portraits with M/F genders, the others are female only.  The aquatics set not shown in the above picture is M/F as well.  The current version has had minimal filtering/pruning, so there's a LOT of portraits in each set of varying quality.  Some are more lewd than others.  I'll be adding more sets one I've pruned the current ones a bit.  The combination of Goregath's script and dropping the per class portraits greatly reduces the complexity and time requirements of both pruning and creating new sets, so I'm more likely to keep working on this one for a while.

Thanks, it should keep my interest for a while at least.  Taking a closer look, I need to make a second cleaning pass on the 2nd portrait set.  Still some deformities and what not that I missed the first time.  Working on a sexy machine/cyborg set right now though.

Open question to anybody that's interested in the mod.  How much does pose variation in portraits matter to you, if at all?  As I mentioned in my last change notes, after playing with the mod some more myself, there were more portraits I wasn't happy with than I thought there was.  Either due to deformities I didn't notice when speeding through thumbnails or background removal gone bad resulting in non-background parts of the portrait being erased.

To try to improve overall quality, I'm basically recreating the portrait sets, generating at 150% of expected resolution, converting/reformatting to a usable portrait, then resizing back down the the size Stellaris expects.   The extra initial pixel count seems to make it a lot easier for Stable Diffusion to generate the desired types of photos with less issues in the detail areas (eyes, nipples, pussy).

However, there's also a way (ControlNet) to basically force a particular pose which all but eliminates common deformities (extra limbs, etc) and helps make sure the desired portion of your leader is inside the frame of the image.  However, obviously this does mean there's very little variation in the particular poses.  See attached picture for example thumbnails.  Variation in ethnicity and hairstyles but poses and clothing are nearly identical.

StableLewds7.png

Edited by XavierMace
On 5/16/2023 at 6:46 AM, XavierMace said:

Open question to anybody that's interested in the mod.  How much does pose variation in portraits matter to you, if at all?

I like your mod. ? Variation in poses ar lees important in my opionion. Important for me is some recognizability of the job, e.g. a scientist could wear something like an open lab coat or an open shirt (preferably white). Or in case of pregnancy a nice big belly with normal breasts or swollen breasts and / or breast bottle or breast pump. Possibilites may be endless ...

Also I like your selections with some female pregnant portraits mixed in every job category which you have already done with the current mod version.

Anything you come up with will be okay with me. You are the mod author doing all the work with AI generation, select the pictures, resize, remove background and lastly updates the mod.

Yeah, I tried doing breast pumps on the pregnant scientists but wasn't having much luck getting even slightly reliable/consistent results.  I'm just about done with re-doing the pregnant pictures (down to just the ruler portraits which are generating as I type this).  I haven't decided if I'm going to re-do the very first portrait set completely or just re-convert the original to fix the color issue.  In any case, they should be done by the weekend at the latest. 

I'm also taking a stab at actual modding, not just the portraits as I can work on that while images are generating.  Right now I'm just working on adding some lewd Pre-STL races for you to do with as you please.  I'm trying to avoid making it have any dependencies and will also offer the portraits as a standalone mod for people that just want them.  I've got some ideas in mind for some lewd event chains, but as of yet I haven't figured out what's involved in that or in making paragons.  Right now I'm trying to figure out why VSCode is insisting references to dds files are invalid when the dds files are clearly there and the paths/names match.

I decided to just reconvert the original portrait set rather than recreate.  That's done, as are the re-done pregnant portraits.  I've working on one more portrait set I'd like to get in this update and I'm play testing my custom primitives.

I'm not getting the portraits appearing in the species or population tabs for the first biological set and occasionally getting blank portraits on the second set for leaders. The second biological set does appear in the species and population screens however. 

20230519234118_1.jpg

10 hours ago, XavierMace said:

Which version do you have downloaded?  I had some mismatches in files names in the first version I uploaded.  I thought I had them all fixed, I haven't seen any missing with the current version.  

I've got the most recent version (0.0.4a), only downloaded it yesterday so no previous versions on the pc that could cause issues. Thought it might be something to do with the sadomasochist start from LV but I get the same issue if I make a new empire with them. Could the stellar legions mod and the LV patch for it cause issues?

I don't see how Stellar Legions would conflict, it's more likely I missed something again.  I'll take another look.

Edit:  Yep, more dumb mistakes.  I clearly need to stop working on this so late at night.  Copy the attached to \gfx\portraits\portraits in the mod folder.  I'll be posted an updated version of the mod tomorrow.

stablelewds_portraits.txt

Edited by XavierMace

Tomorrow ended up being Monday morning, but new version is uploaded.  I realized I had some of the files in two different locations and I'd included the wrong one in the upload.  So I took some time to reorganize things.  All the missing portrait issues SHOULD be fixed now.  Tested out all 4 bio portraits quick and didn't get any missing ones and error log is clean.  As stated in the patch notes, I did however rename the mod.  "StableLewdsLite" is now the name for the portraits/room sets only.  I'm going to take a stab at some traits and what not too, so "StableLewds" will become the "full" mod.  If you just want the portraits and rooms, use "StableLewdsLite".

On 5/23/2023 at 5:29 AM, chicken123321 said:

I noticed that problem exist when I change the portrait of leader when starting new game. If I just click the species and play it is working

I can't replicate this issue, I feel like you have to have another mod causing this issue.  I started multiple new games, picking a variety of leader portraits from the set you're using and never saw that happen.  I uploaded a WIP version of the next mod version just in case there was something wrong with the previous version if you want to try that.

If you (or anybody else) does use the WIP version I just uploaded, I'd appreciate some feedback on the two new slavery/bondage sets.  I've been trying to generate the images in a way that I generally have to do little or no hand clean up afterwords.  Partly because I'm lazy, partly because I'm bad at it.  The admiral/military portraits in the first slave set were edited by hand.  The rest currently have zero manual cleanup.  I found myself getting carried away trying to clean up details you can't even really see in game because of how small the portraits are.   Save for the portraits that have bits of extra clutter in them, do you think they really need to be cleaned up by  hand?  The main areas that "need" hand clean up are around the portraits hair, and for the ones with arms raised up, between the arms.

Edited by XavierMace
  • 1 month later...

Potentially a stupid question as I just bought the game at the sale.

Where do I select the sets in game? I tried an other mod just before and got that one in the species selection. I can't find any hint of this one however.

edit:
I also tryed v0.5, still nothing.
If I understood this right, they should be in the appearance selection. Am I wrong there?
Is there some other dependence I simply don't know about?

Edited by RAIC
On 7/12/2023 at 4:04 AM, RAIC said:

Potentially a stupid question as I just bought the game at the sale.

Where do I select the sets in game? I tried an other mod just before and got that one in the species selection. I can't find any hint of this one however.

edit:
I also tryed v0.5, still nothing.
If I understood this right, they should be in the appearance selection. Am I wrong there?
Is there some other dependence I simply don't know about?

Have you enabled the mod?

When you download mods, you then need to add them to a playset and ensure that you load that playset.  They aren't (usually) added automatically.

5 hours ago, schroecat said:

Have you enabled the mod?

When you download mods, you then need to add them to a playset and ensure that you load that playset.  They aren't (usually) added automatically.

Not quite that stupid....
I get some mods to work, others not at all. (Speaking of mostly species mods here.)
Some mods that work have been made for older versions of the game yet they still work.

Edit: I figured out how to create new descriptor files. That didn't work either...

Edited by RAIC
23 hours ago, RAIC said:

Not quite that stupid....
I get some mods to work, others not at all. (Speaking of mostly species mods here.)
Some mods that work have been made for older versions of the game yet they still work.

Edit: I figured out how to create new descriptor files. That didn't work either...

I didn't mean to imply that you were, but just checking the obvious things before anything else.

Load order matters sometimes, what mods are you using that add/modify portraits?

8 hours ago, schroecat said:

I didn't mean to imply that you were, but just checking the obvious things before anything else.

Load order matters sometimes, what mods are you using that add/modify portraits?

I am not offended, I just refered to my first post.
I had done about 90 minutes of troubleshooting before said first post.

I don't think it's a load order issue, they also don't seem to show up when I have no other mods activated. (I mostly downloaded more to see whether they'd work and for most it's a no.)
I'll check to make sure though.
LV is working just fine,
SE humans 2 for some reason makes everbody bald,
SE humans 2 patch is working,
There is a single portrait mod with additional species I got working. Can't find the thread though. The name in the folder is 'more species'

Other non working mods include:
StableElves and LewdLoader (to make sure it's not just this mod)

My best guess is, it's something the game does, I simply don't know about yet and therefore couldn't test for.

On 7/14/2023 at 11:13 AM, RAIC said:

I am not offended, I just refered to my first post.
I had done about 90 minutes of troubleshooting before said first post.

I don't think it's a load order issue, they also don't seem to show up when I have no other mods activated. (I mostly downloaded more to see whether they'd work and for most it's a no.)
I'll check to make sure though.
LV is working just fine,
SE humans 2 for some reason makes everbody bald,
SE humans 2 patch is working,
There is a single portrait mod with additional species I got working. Can't find the thread though. The name in the folder is 'more species'

Other non working mods include:
StableElves and LewdLoader (to make sure it's not just this mod)

My best guess is, it's something the game does, I simply don't know about yet and therefore couldn't test for.

Could it be possible, I need a DLC or framework mod I don't know about?