On 6/26/2023 at 6:34 PM, hyperk2 said:

For what it's worth, I might have something for you soon. I was originally just doing some personal tweaks, but it's turned into a much more extensive overhaul. In order to feel like I haven't just wasted a ton of time, I might as well share if anyone else is interested. That being said, it's not quite ready yet, but hopefully soon if I can find the time.

Same here. Some of the event chains seem broken for me in this mod. Some events are like zoo_dog.016 and others are zoo_dog.16, but when I run them through console, only one of them works, the .016 one. So the dog licking event chains lead to the bandit one and spotting the courtier screwing the dog scene sometimes.

Right now I'm just trying to iron out some of the remaining bugs and checking for consistency ect.

But, I'll go ahead and tell you in advance what I've done.

Ā 

I've adjusted the event firing chances as well as tweaked or removed many of the restrictions for events to fire.

I've allowed the AI to join in on the action.

Made the catching a courtier and suspicion events a little more consistent and logical. These will be the events that male characters can still experience.

Perhaps most impactful, I've allowed for possible pregnancy during penetrative acts. This includes the courtiers that are caught. I've tried to maintain as much immersion here as possible, but as of right now there's still a little bit that might take you out of it. Maybe not everyone's cup-o-tea, but that's the change.

Technically I've added a trait and modifier, but those are more of side-effects of the other changes.

Ā 

So, going against the continual feature creep that was going on, I think I should go ahead upload what I've got. The main thing is that I'm a little unsure about the frequency of events because I've been having some difficulty getting things to work quite like I'd like them to. Beyond that, I've seen some other mods that allow for 2d portraits. It'd be good to utilize those to get a dog portrait in, but when I looked at the 2d mod, I couldn't quite wrap my head around it and gave it up for now.

Ā 

I won't go into every little thing, especially since I already mentioned it, but one more important change I've since made is making the bandit event a traveling event that takes advantage of the new activities system. So, be careful traveling out there.

Ā 

My edit has been updated! Look a little further down.

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by hyperk2
8 hours ago, hyperk2 said:

So, going against the continual feature creep that was going on, I think I should go ahead upload what I've got. The main thing is that I'm a little unsure about the frequency of events because I've been having some difficulty getting things to work quite like I'd like them to. Beyond that, I've seen some other mods that allow for 2d portraits. It'd be good to utilize those to get a dog portrait in, but when I looked at the 2d mod, I couldn't quite wrap my head around it and gave it up for now.

Ā 

I won't go into every little thing, especially since I already mentioned it, but one more important change I've since made is making the bandit event a traveling event that takes advantage of the new activities system. So, be careful traveling out there.

Ā 

CKZooH.rar 83.65 kBĀ Ā·Ā 14 downloads

I see that the problem of some events remains, they either don't happen or result in a wrong termination. And I think we need to increase the number of events per year. Because the same event can happen again/

5 hours ago, GreenZeer said:

I see that the problem of some events remains, they either don't happen or result in a wrong termination. And I think we need to increase the number of events per year. Because the same event can happen again/

Ā 

I wasn't originally going to do it, but actually it was a little easier to fix than I expected. I think the issue was that there were 04 events and 004 events and the game engine had trouble distinguishing them (they were set correctly in the files). I just changed the 04, 06 ect. events to a completely different and unique event number. Hopefully, this should be fixed now.

Ā 

Unrelated, but I noticed a large spike in characters getting imprisoned. I think this is fine for the character role-play when you catch a courtier, but I went ahead and restricted this option from the AI so that every other queen isn't in jail. My original post is updated.

7 hours ago, hyperk2 said:

Ā 

I wasn't originally going to do it, but actually it was a little easier to fix than I expected. I think the issue was that there were 04 events and 004 events and the game engine had trouble distinguishing them (they were set correctly in the files). I just changed the 04, 06 ect. events to a completely different and unique event number. Hopefully, this should be fixed now.

Ā 

Unrelated, but I noticed a large spike in characters getting imprisoned. I think this is fine for the character role-play when you catch a courtier, but I went ahead and restricted this option from the AI so that every other queen isn't in jail. My original post is updated.

I haven't tested your version yet, but do children produced from animals spawn with the "Feral" modifier we see from that one travel event with the wild child? If not that could be a good way to indicate their heritage (Just make it last 100 years instead of 12)

1 hour ago, someguy666 said:

I haven't tested your version yet, but do children produced from animals spawn with the "Feral" modifier we see from that one travel event with the wild child? If not that could be a good way to indicate their heritage (Just make it last 100 years instead of 12)

That was one of the things I was trying to do, but decided to not make you guys wait so long and sent it out without that. I could try to take another look at it and see if I can get something working, but don't hold me to that :).

Children produced like that will still be considered bastards (if they're caught), and the mother will have a specific modifier for a year, so if you're keeping an eye out, you can still tell.

6 hours ago, hyperk2 said:

That was one of the things I was trying to do, but decided to not make you guys wait so long and sent it out without that. I could try to take another look at it and see if I can get something working, but don't hold me to that :).

Children produced like that will still be considered bastards (if they're caught), and the mother will have a specific modifier for a year, so if you're keeping an eye out, you can still tell.

Ah cool, big props for you adding to this mod either way, excited to see what you have planned

Well, with way too many hours and a 20gb crash folder, I finally have an update to my update. I would say this is pretty close to a definitive version of my intended changes, and since it's been becoming kinda stressful, this will probably be all for now. That being said, let me go over the changes!

Ā 

-Did a comprehensive sweep on all the events and ensured to the best of my ability that they all properly flow and chain as intended

Ā  -A note on this. The event idea here is that your character can initially be exposed to dogs in either a positive or negative way, and that opening experience will color future encounters.

-AI opening events are now no longer completely random. Not completely comprehensive, but some key personality traits will influence many decisions by the AI.

-Added a new option to temporarily ' Banish Dogs' if you're finding that you want to reduce courtiers getting it on without having to imprison them.

-If there are no valid targets for catching a courtier, the event essentially gets written off as a daydream.

-Upon hearing of a rumor of someone being a little too friendly with dogs, if there are no valid characters, a random character will be given the Canine Interest modifier. If they are caught again, you can then decide their fate. This change also opens up way more options for the AI to function more freely.

-There were reports that some dogs had been getting loose and roaming free. They've been rounded up and kept back where they belong.

-Adjustments to the pathing and sequencing of the bully dog. He will be mean to you if you don't have a normal pet dog beforehand. Added option to try to tame him to essentially make him into a normal pet dog.

-Dog bandits have now expanded their base of operations to all dangerous type of terrain; for everyone playing in the desert or the frozen north.

-NEW FEATURE: children born from dogs will now have an associated trait that will forever brand them. It gives them substantial diplomacy de-buffs and a decent martial/prowess buff. They are also much more prone to being ugly and receiving bad congenital traits. Dogborne characters will stick up for each other.

NEW FEATURE: I've completely designed a new system to allow you to sic your dog on your prisoners. This was mainly done to give male characters more things to do, but women can do this as well, because why not. I'm not sure I'm the best at writing smut, but I tried my best. Of course, the AI can inflict this upon their prisoners as well.. including you.

Ā 

Due to extensive changes, a new game will be required. Also, place this mod at the bottom of your load order.

EDIT: Apologies! The mod path in the .mod file was missing. I've uploaded a fixed version, or you can simply edit the CKZoo.mod file and add path="mod/CKZoo" to the bottom and you're good to go.

Ā 

I hope you enjoy, I'm off to not mod this game for a while so I can finally enjoy it again ?

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

CKZooH3.rar

Edited by hyperk2

Hello everyone, I see the author is in no hurry to update the mod, so I think you need to do it yourself. Of course, I'm not a pro in modding at all, to be honest, I'm doing it for the first time, so don't judge strictly. I added a couple of events and tried a little to develop the relationship between the owner and her dog. I added a trait, as it were, the finale of the relationship and complete acceptance of myself. Everything was done in a hurry so the english localization might be a bit crooked or misspelled somewhere (english is not my native language so sorry) i also think that to make each other's work easier, it would be possible for everyone, then should coordinate work. And it's not like 10 different mods were created at the same time based on this mod. If there is interest in this mod, and you like the text that I wrote, then I can write more according to your suggestions. But I need some help with modding, I'm new to this, I only understand the basics so far.

Events Ā zoo_dog.120
Ā zoo_dog.123

CKZoo.zip

Edited by GreenZeer
26 minutes ago, GreenZeer said:

Hello everyone, I see the author is in no hurry to update the mod, so I think you need to do it yourself. Of course, I'm not a pro in modding at all, to be honest, I'm doing it for the first time, so don't judge strictly. I added a couple of events and tried a little to develop the relationship between the owner and her dog. I added a trait, as it were, the finale of the relationship and complete acceptance of myself. Everything was done in a hurry so the english localization might be a bit crooked or misspelled somewhere (english is not my native language so sorry) i also think that to make each other's work easier, it would be possible for everyone, then should coordinate work. And it's not like 10 different mods were created at the same time based on this mod. If there is interest in this mod, and you like the text that I wrote, then I can write more according to your suggestions. But I need some help with modding, I'm new to this, I only understand the basics so far.

Events Ā zoo_dog.120
Ā zoo_dog.123

CKZoo.zip 165.68 kBĀ Ā·Ā 0 downloads

Nice to see this mod get support, but is your update compatible with the one made by hyperk2? Could you make your mod and his become the same so we can use both?

4 minutes ago, someguy666 said:

Nice to see this mod get support, but is your update compatible with the one made by hyperk2? Could you make your mod and his become the same so we can use both?

Did everything based on hyperk2,Ā but in my events there is no way to get pregnant yet. Not yet, but I will learn and add

Edited by GreenZeer
1 hour ago, GreenZeer said:

Did everything based on hyperk2,Ā but in my events there is no way to get pregnant yet. Not yet, but I will learn and add

Ah, well i like what you add, but I also really like hyperk2's features like pregnancy and dogborne. If you ask you might be allowed to viewĀ the files and merge the mods

Ā 
  • Ā 
25 minutes ago, someguy666 said:

Ah, well i like what you add, but I also really like hyperk2's features like pregnancy and dogborne. If you ask you might be allowed to viewĀ the files and merge the mods

Ā 
  • Ā 

I will add the pregnancy function, just need to understand how it works. Itā€™s just that if you donā€™t understand how this happens, but simply copy the text of the script, then it may turn out crap.Ā I threw this file as a check if people need it, I plan to add options for developing the relationship between the owner and the dog. For example, a dog slave or a fan of dogs, so that there would be at least some sense in some events to refuse the dog.Ā I have already written the text for several events, but now I need to work on the technical implementation, and find someone who can translate the text into English well

Edited by GreenZeer
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, ZeeIrvs said:

This is the first mod I've downloaded for CK3 from here and I don't have a clue what I'm doing.

Ā 

If someone could tell me exactly where I need to put files and folders to get this to work, I would appreciate it greatly.

Ā 

Assuming you are on windows, you unzip the file into:

Ā 

• C:\Users\<YOURUSERNAME>\Documents\Paradox Interactive\Crusader Kings III\mod

Ā 

Or, you can:

1. highlight the files inside the zip, right click and select copy.
  2. Navigate to your Documents directory, double click Paradox Interactive, double click Crusader Kings III.
  3. If you do not have a 'mod' directory, you have to create one by right clicking in there and create folder.Ā  name it 'mod'
  4. Then, double click on mod directory and paste the contents in side there.

Ā 

After, you go to your Paradox Launcher, click on Playsets, and click 'add more mods' at the top.Ā  Select 'CK Zoo'

• 2 months later...