Racemenu preset not working, got the "femalehead.nif" face when loading, see screenshot (Solved, see solution below)

Hello everyone !

I started the game and suddenly got this, i have no idea what's causing it... I tried to check Skee.ini, Delete scripts and re-install, checking TRI and mesh files, desactivated all mods i have except "Racemenu, racemenuplugin, Customrace, highpolyHeads and Alternate start : live another life. " I have no idea what's going on. I'm using Custom Races, btw

Can somebody help me, please ? I can't start a new game because of this. Only the preset 0 is working. But if i try to load a racemenu preset or a race preset, it does that and i can't come back. I'm obliged to leave the game.

The Elder Scrolls V  Skyrim Special Edition Screenshot 2023.03.25 - 18.32.55.80.png

Edited by Neroth654

wild stab: sompin sompin "Custom race". I hain't the first clue how a default character would look like that without the intermediary of some mod, let alone the failure of Racemenu to provide normal operation, but your inclusion of 'custom race' makes me think there's more to this story than is being told so far.

3 minutes ago, Grey Cloud said:

Do the regular races work?

Which custom race/races are you using?

Normal races are working ! i use the mod " Custom Races" https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57244?tab=files&file_id=235887

Every other race seems to work, even the other custom ones ! CustomDarkelf works, for exemple. But not customNord. Since this morning xD

Did you install anything else recently? Or update anything? Are you using, or since you deactivated everything but the fundamentals, have you used Copy Character Appearance in previous player vectors? (the last one because I do, and I was surprised to find that my last new player came pre-wrapped in my last CCA'd form as the "stock" Nord female selection. running CCA again reverted it, but still it came already CCA'd - ie wrapped in something similar to a new racemenu preset)

Edited by anjenthedog
4 minutes ago, anjenthedog said:

Did you install anything else recently? Or update anything? Are you using, or since you deactivated everything but the fundamentals, have you used Copy Character Appearance in previous player vectors? (the last one because I do, and I was surprised to find that my last new player came pre-wrapped in my last CCA'd form as the "stock" Nord female selection. running CCA again reverted it, but still it came already CCA'd - ie wrapped in something similar to a new racemenu preset)

I uninstalled Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes, I was updating Children of Lilith recently... Maybe it messed up stuff, but where ? I installed a lot of scripts/source for me to compile scripts, too.

Excuse me, waht's CCA, please ?

" Copy Character Appearance in previous player vectors?" i don't understand what is that either, would you explain, please ? that sounds interesting lead for me to check

thank you!

1 hour ago, Neroth654 said:

I uninstalled Weapons Armor Clothing and Clutter Fixes, I was updating Children of Lilith recently... Maybe it messed up stuff, but where ? I installed a lot of scripts/source for me to compile scripts, too.

This is info you didn't mention in your OP and is more info which needs further explanation.

1 hour ago, Neroth654 said:

I was updating Children of Lilith recently

Does it not occur to you that this and the fact that your Lilith character is messed up may be related?

Did you follow the updating instructions for CoL?

Why are you installing and compiling scripts?

2 hours ago, Neroth654 said:

Excuse me, waht's CCA, please ?

" Copy Character Appearance in previous player vectors?" i don't understand what is that either, would you explain, please ? that sounds interesting lead for me to check

Well for one thing, you don't apparently use it, so that's one less headache,

In short, it's a mod that allows you to directly clone the appearance of any humanoid NPC. Including those you don't share a physics package with to the player (one way only). It's not without its faults, and you don't use it, so that's off the list of what ifs 

Oh and sorry about the other thing. I mean different "new player" instances. what I'd call a "player vector".

2 hours ago, Neroth654 said:

Yeah... could be. I was doing house-keeping the other day and disabled (thankfully didn't uninstall) a couple of old version YunDao hair mods I thought I don't use. Was apparently wrong. My primary player disappeared and the game CTD'd shortly after loading a save (she uses Xing hair, not YunDao, and she has no Yundao assets in inventory ). Any save of hers. Re-enabling and voila she's back.

Edited by anjenthedog
11 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

This is info you didn't mention in your OP and is more info which needs further explanation.

Does it not occur to you that this and the fact that your Lilith character is messed up may be related?

Did you follow the updating instructions for CoL?

Why are you installing and compiling scripts?

Hey there !

Yes, i was doing a lot of things recently, sorry if i forgot to include it, i was mainly cleaning mods that i don't use anymore, things like that, like WACCF. ( Weapon armor, clothing and clutter fixes

First of all, it is on a new save it messes up. On old saves, racemenu works perfectly ( which is weird).

I followed instructions ,yes :)

I'm creating a demon skin for COL and I have to compile some of it's scripts to rename a few things, to match with the new deities i'm creating. So my source-scripts is maybe full of things, would it causes that ?

10 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

Well for one thing, you don't apparently use it, so that's one less headache,

In short, it's a mod that allows you to directly clone the appearance of any humanoid NPC. Including those you don't share a physics package with to the player (one way only). It's not without its faults, and you don't use it, so that's off the list of what ifs 

Oh and sorry about the other thing. I mean different "new player" instances. what I'd call a "player vector".

Yeah... could be. I was doing house-keeping the other day and disabled (thankfully didn't uninstall) a couple of old version YunDao hair mods I thought I don't use. Was apparently wrong. My primary player disappeared and the game CTD'd shortly after loading a save (she uses Xing hair, not YunDao, and she has no Yundao assets in inventory ). Any save of hers. Re-enabling and voila she's back.

Thanks for that, didn't know such a mod exists.

No worries, i like to learn new technical terms like that :)

Mhmm, I see, well, can be messed up sometimes you clean things and you realise after you used them xD But in my case, it only happens in new save, the old save i have ,racemenu is perfectly working. Source scripts can create mess in game ? aren't they just used to compile scripts ?

I'll try to disable scripts here and there and see if it changes something

• Neroth654 changed the title to Racemenu preset not working, got the "femalehead.nif" face when loading, see screenshot (Solved, see solution below)