Heels and Pose Player

I've been wanting to use Josh's shoes with my content creation for a while now. Problem is, they sink into the floor when using pose player. I'm using Cmomoney's Pose Player. (cmomoney_PosePlayer-08-22-2013.package). Is there a Player available that will eliminate this problem?

Never used the Pose Player but think it has something to do with the Pose itself (a pose is like an animation with one frame only) and not with the Pose Player.

Open the Pose package with S3PE hover to a desired pose hit "Grid" and add the following as IK Targets :

--- IKTargetTable: IKTargetInfo ---
   --- IKChainList: IKChains (0x5) ---
   --- IKChains[0] ---
      --- IKTargetList: IKTargets (0x0) ---
      ---
   --- IKChains[1] ---
      --- IKTargetList: IKTargets (0x0) ---
      ---
   --- IKChains[2] ---
      --- IKTargetList: IKTargets (0x1) ---
      --- IKTargets[0] ---
         Index: 0x00000000
         TargetNamespace: x
         TargetName: L_footWorld
      ---
   --- IKChains[3] ---
      --- IKTargets[0] ---
         TargetName: R_footWorld
      ---
   --- IKChains[4] ---
      --- IKTargets[0] ---
         TargetName: rootWorld

Then test it. But be warned, I expect that it works on Poses only, where the actor stand on the floor/rug. It may not work i.e. while sitting on couch/bed a.s.o. and can lead to distortion of the actors.  ! (If it messes up the pose in game then, just remove the IK Targets again to restore to the original version)

Good luck.

Edited by Clydie

Try using One More Slot Please (also known as OMSP). Move your sim onto it and raise it up a few centimeters. The instructions on the download page tell you how to raise and lower stuff. I love using OMSP for photo shoots, it makes it very easy to adjust the height of sims, to turn them, and so on. For some reason, when I use Pose Player and try to turn my sims, it doesn't show the direction they will face until I let go of the mouse button, but with OMSP, I can accurately see where they are facing while moving them around.

https://modthesims.info/d/428179/one-more-slot-please-with-vertical-shifting-update-2-nov-2011.html

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2023 at 3:20 AM, FreakyRufus said:

known as OMSP

There is a warning for this:  

Placing a SIM on the OMSP works, but DO NOT allow them to step off. They will fall off the world and you will have to teleport them back.

Or does it mean nothing?

Yes, it is a serious warning. If you put a Sim on the OMSP keep them posing or paused, after the photo go back to build mode and drop them off the OMSP. If he stops posing and moves independently, he will exit the game. You can recover it with teleportation and it is advisable to restart the sim, because otherwise it will tend to do strange things, (appear in strange places, walk through the air and things like that)

On 3/21/2023 at 3:58 AM, sim333 said:

There is a warning for this:  

Placing a SIM on the OMSP works, but DO NOT allow them to step off. They will fall off the world and you will have to teleport them back.

Or does it mean nothing?

I never noticed that warning, but yeah, that makes sense. I always use Master Controller to reset my sim when they've been on OMSP posing. I only recently found a different version of Pose Player that lets me change poses without stopping the current pose action (or maybe I just never noticed it before), and that has been a huge change for me. Before that, I had to reset the sims in between every pose.

Also, I do all my posing/photo-shoots as completely separate sessions. I load a save, change a bunch of settings such as turning off autonomy, maxing out everyone's motives, etc. Do all my posed shots, then quit the game. Then I load from a save, make sure all my settings are back to normal, and play as normal.

• 2 months later...

As a late, late addendum poses are made using the base body so the height lifting from shoes is not accounted for. Besides using OMSP you could also edit the pose using blender, the old way involves using version 2.79 with and old addon that allows you to import/export the pose and also attach CAS objects so you can import my shoes into a female rig and modify the pose. I’m aware new rigs and methods are available for blender’s latest, I haven’t used them yet but should be straightforward.