[SOLVED] Why does my MO2 & Bodyslide look like this?

https://imgur.com/a/SBmnYQ6

A few notes:

• MO2 is up to date, no experimental versions
  • Bodyslide & Outfit studio up to date
  • Problem persists after graphics driver update
  • win10
  • Same problem with Bodyslide preview window
  • Other apps on my computer don't have this problem

SOLUTION: Changed program DPI scaling settings from "System (enhanced)"  to "System".

Edited by Dhexel
  • 1 month later...

Hey! I've come back from a small break.

On 2/15/2023 at 4:28 PM, mircislav said:

Try updating Python and Net libraries. And wouldn't hurt to run Steam in mini mode.

I tried all these just now (never ran steam in big mode unless I'm troubleshooting ps4/5 controller connectivity).

None worked, unfortunately :( 

• 4 weeks later...

Still haven't managed to fix this. Other things I've tried include:

• Updating my windows 10 to the latest version
  • Updating graphics drivers (again)
  • Running MO2 as admin
  • Running MO2 in compatibility mode (win7)
  • I looked for whether MO2 uses hardware acceleration but I don't think it does
  • Ran a windows SFC scan, 100% clean (hesitant to do DISM scan because I don't know what exactly it does)
  • Switched to another MO2 instance (a shot in the dark)

Interesting find:

• When running eg. Bodyslide through MO2, it presents the problem, but when it is ran separate (ie. just running the .exe, not through MO2) the problem is gone. Sidenote: Bodyslide preview window that has the problem wouldn't open because there was nothing to "preview" as that instance of Bodyslide wasn't connected to MO2 and Skyrims files, but OutfitStudio project window is open by default even when empty and looked normal, unlike my originally linked pirctures.

SOLUTION AT THE TOP

Edited by Dhexel
  • Neyri LL changed the title to [SOLVED] Why does my MO2 & Bodyslide look like this?
45 minutes ago, Dhexel said:

Updating graphics drivers (again)

Have you tried a clean driver install? Sometimes driver updates cause visual or performance issues after a while (especially if using a software to automatically download and install drivers). Either a manual driver "correct install (at least that's a setting in Nvidia, should return values to default) or using DDU to remove old drivers + manually getting the latest drivers + install them after using DDU.

45 minutes ago, Dhexel said:
  • Running MO2 as admin
  • Running MO2 in compatibility mode (win7)

Don't. Just follow common practices such as installing MO and any other game files outside of system folders such as Program Files and you'll be fine.

See if closing any other program running in the background makes a difference. If not you can report the issue including any details you know (+ any additional information they request if you get a reply there). I've never seen this issue and I can't even imagine trying to replicate it.

Edited by Just Don't