CBBE 3BA Morphs sliders not appearing in racemenu

(Sorry for my english, it is not my native language)

Hello guys,

First of all i wanna thank this community for helping out on so many occasions.
This is my first time posting asking for help, it's something that i'm trying to fix but was not able to yet...

So, when i last played Skyrim, AE was not out yet. So i had Skyrim SE, installed my mods via Vortex and manually when needed, and everything worked out fine.

One of the main things i enjoyed doing was customizing the main NPC bodies in game with CBBE Morphs and racemenu (via "Manipulator" cosmetic menu). Each main female NPC on my save had their unique body.

Last month i reinstalled Skyrim to play again, but now my version is the AE version, 1.6.640 i think.

Well, i'd say that 95% of the mods that i used in SE i managed to use in AE with no problem. But no matter what i try, i just can't get the CBBE Morphs to show up in racemenu.

I have installed (besides the "basic" mods such as SKYUI, Skyrim UP, SKSE, Bodyslide, XP32, Racemenu and so on):

CBBE
CBBE 3BA
Manipulator

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp is "enabled" on my Vortex's plugins list.

The tab "3BA Morphs" appear on my racemenu, but with no sliders, zero.

When i built in Bodyslide i checked the little box in the left bottom side "build morphs". In the past i had this problem and the issue was that i did not check this box, since then i never forget to check it.

So i have the "build morphs" checked, CBBE, CBBE 3BA, XP32 and Racemenu installed.

Until now i've tried uninstalling and reinstalling each of these mods, but no matter what i try, CBBE Morphs sliders just won't show up.

I hope that someone is able to help me with this. 

Thanks in advance!

ScreenShot3.png

Edited by hzwhvw

If  starting new game 3BA slider set will not be present. Make your initial character, exit the menu, allow all the mods to initialize and then enter race menu again. Everything will be there and you can modify it.

Edited by belegost
11 hours ago, Jotasran said:

I know I've had this happen.  Exiting character creation and then using the console "showracemenu" (w/o quotes) will bring up racemenu again and after exiting the console, see if the sliders appear.

It didn't work, sorry. =/

10 hours ago, belegost said:

If  starting new game 3BA slider set will not be present. Make your initial character, exit the menu, allow all the mods to initialize and then enter race menu again. Everything will be there and you can modify it.

I started a new game. Sliders don't appear in the player's racemenu neither when using cosmetic menu on NPCs.
All mods are loaded and installed.

Still no sliders. =/

13 hours ago, hzwhvw said:

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp is "enabled" on my Vortex's plugins list.

But which mod is providing it? In fact, make sure nothing is overriding these:

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

Scripts\RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.pex
Scripts\RaceMenuLoad.pex
Scripts\RaceMenuMorphsCBBEUIListMenu.pex
Scripts\RaceMenuMorphsCBBEUITextEntryMenu.pex

3 hours ago, traison said:

But which mod is providing it? In fact, make sure nothing is overriding these:

RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.esp

Scripts\RaceMenuMorphsCBBE.pex
Scripts\RaceMenuLoad.pex
Scripts\RaceMenuMorphsCBBEUIListMenu.pex
Scripts\RaceMenuMorphsCBBEUITextEntryMenu.pex

According to Vortex, it is the CBBE mod.

racemenuplugins.jpg

That says nothing about which mod those files came from. Any random "hd texture mod" can contain a file that overrides another from a totally unrelated mod. There's lots of these bloatware mods around. Surely Vortex has some way of seeing this?

13 hours ago, traison said:

That says nothing about which mod those files came from. Any random "hd texture mod" can contain a file that overrides another from a totally unrelated mod. There's lots of these bloatware mods around. Surely Vortex has some way of seeing this?

It does.

In the plugins tab, in the "mod" column for a given plugin

ex

plugin_source.jpg.20c379e96a78171e8ddb37b3ef38e457.jpg

Doesn't vortex ask for each conflicted file during install, what you want to do? To me that mod listing says nothing more than potentially where the esp came from. If the user said "let mod X override a script from RaceMenu" during install of mod X, how would that be displayed there?

I'm not saying you're wrong, I have no relevant experience with Vortex. My point is "are you sure?" If you are, all good, and I have no idea what the issue is.

Edited by traison
42 minutes ago, traison said:

Doesn't vortex ask for each conflicted file during install, what you want to do?

It does. It asks in what order mods should be "deployed", which in Vortex's weird terminology basically means the same as "overwrite" in MO2.

the list above your post can be displayed in order of deployment, i.e. overwrite order. A screenshot of such order alone would provide a lot more information about how the files are organised than just an alphabetical list from OP.

Example:

deploy_vortex.png

Edited by belegost

Thank you guys for posting here and trying to help me. 

I will provide screenshots with my complete deploy order, pointing out where racemenu and the related mods are.

But here are the deploy order of some of the "involved" mods.

XP32 - 03
Bodyslide  - 26
CBBE  - 67
CBBE 3BA (3BBB) -  69
Manipulator - 92
Racemenu - 122
SkyUI - 149
USSEP - 159

Edited by hzwhvw

Why is USSEP so far down and XP32 so high up the list? USSEP should be right after the main files (unless you have even more basic texture/object replacers) and XP32 should be after everything that might want to overwrite it.

Edited by belegost

1 hour ago, belegost said:

Why is USSEP so far down and XP32 so high up the list? USSEP should be right after the main files (unless you have even more basic texture/object replacers) and XP32 should be after everything that might want to overwrite it.

Is deploy order the same thing as load order?

On the "plugins" tab, USSEP is high up there.

Also, is there a way to change the deploy/load order around? I'm not finding out how to do it.

You know that you have to BATCH BUILD and build the morphs for the body of your choice/hands, feet, body. If then the CBBE-morph.esp and the race-menu-esp is at the place to load, the game can ´t fool any longer-then this is working. There´s no further miracle around that all.

1 hour ago, t.ara said:

You know that you have to BATCH BUILD and build the morphs for the body of your choice/hands, feet, body. If then the CBBE-morph.esp and the race-menu-esp is at the place to load, the game can ´t fool any longer-then this is working. There´s no further miracle around that all.

On 1/18/2023 at 7:08 AM, hzwhvw said:

When i built in Bodyslide i checked the little box in the left bottom side "build morphs".

Already done according to OP.

10 hours ago, hzwhvw said:

Is deploy order the same thing as load order?

No.

Load order is the order in which the plugins (.esp files) are read by the engine (Plugins tab).

Deploy order can be seen as the same as installation/overwrite order (Mods tab).

Not all mods even have plugins, yet their order is important if there are conflicts. If you have texture replacers that overlap, you want them to "deploy" in specific order for example, if you want to see specific textures. If those replaces do have plugins as well, you ideally want both orders to match.

However, and here's the kicker, sometimes it doesn't matter at all, and sometimes it very much does. You'll have to learn those as you go. Do enough modding and you will be able to predict that by sheer experience. There's no way around it. In modding, there are no ready solutions for everything.

Edited by belegost
4 hours ago, hzwhvw said:

Also, is there a way to change the deploy/load order around? I'm not finding out how to do it.

Yes.

In Mods tab grab a handle from "dependencies" column and drag it the mod you want to create dependency with. Then from the window that pops up select "must deploy before" or "must deploy after".

No, unlike in "Plugins" tab, you can't just do it from "Manage rules" alone by simply typing mod names and choosing the dependency. You have to play with that damn handle first which is very tedious if you have a loooong mod list. Only after you've created the rule in such manner, can you actually further tweak it. One of the more stupid things in Vortex unfortunately.

If the handle if yellow it means there is already some rule in place. If there's a lightning bar it means there are conflicts and mousing over it will display what mods have conflict. Bear in mind those are mod files that conflict, not plugins (which have a separate tab and a separate set of rules).

Edited by belegost
On 1/20/2023 at 11:14 AM, t.ara said:

On 1/20/2023 at 12:19 PM, traison said:

Already done according to OP.

Yes, i did "batch build" and build de morphs. 

• 5 months later...