On 2/9/2023 at 6:49 AM, Cookiemonsta234 said:

Can this be applied to animations for equipping weapons? Sometimes in a fight it takes a few seconds for my weapon to appear whenever I swap them

This is only for idles (stationary animations). Any animation where you have control over your character is part of the behavior graph, which is much more complicated.

• 4 weeks later...

v1.1.0 is now available.

- Sync is now perfect on all human animations, as well as Tentacles (from the Animated Tentacles mod), and Mirelurks. Other creatures may be hit or miss.

- Added a fix for the vanilla bug of creatures getting stuck in animations after a scene ends. This works on all creatures.

- Fixed a potential crash that could occur if NativeSync was given an invalid idle.

Technical details:

Spoiler

The plugin now queues up idles then waits for them all to finish loading, then re-starts the idles from the beginning. This works perfectly on humans and any race that has a proper animation graph. Although, some races require a graph reset for this to work properly. I need to build up a list of which ones require a reset.

I also found the game has internal measures for stopping idles, which properly stops animations on creatures that would usually get stuck in animations. So I added that on scene end.

Edited by Snapdragon_

Tried this mod for the first time today, after finally tweaking my Patreon version of AAF's script to incorporate your functions.

Gotta say, wow!!!  The difference may be small, but the outcome is disproportionately impactful.  I never noticed how distracting it was to watch actors move slightly out of sync.  It's a real breath of fresh air having this installed.  Many thanks!

1 hour ago, spicydoritos said:

Tried this mod for the first time today, after finally tweaking my Patreon version of AAF's script to incorporate your functions.

Gotta say, wow!!!  The difference may be small, but the outcome is disproportionately impactful.  I never noticed how distracting it was to watch actors move slightly out of sync.  It's a real breath of fresh air having this installed.  Many thanks!

I'm also using a newer test AAF version and was going to hold off trying nativesync until there was another official AAF release and this had been updated for it, but it seems like that may still be a long time coming... where specifically did you end up patching the scripts?

44 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

I'm also using a newer test AAF version and was going to hold off trying nativesync until there was another official AAF release and this had been updated for it, but it seems like that may still be a long time coming... where specifically did you end up patching the scripts?

In this case, search the modified AAF MainQuestScript for "NativeSync" and you'll find where the new functions were incorporated.  The 168 version of AAF isn't any different from 166 in those areas.

In a larger sense, you can use Notepad++ to find differences between two scripts.  For example, open the original and NativeSync versions of AAF 166 MainQuestScript.  On the top bar, click "Plugins -> Compare -> Compare".  Then you can use the toolbar arrows to jump directly to each revision.

Spoiler

compare1.jpg.413aea26fd80f23d32003143fd7ff2a1.jpg

Spoiler

compare2.jpg.35d56565c517c02a4b3d52595ca5b2b0.jpg

54 minutes ago, vaultbait said:

Here are the exact changes:

Spoiler

In the startMultipleIdles() function, remove this snippet:

i = 0
While i < idleForm.Length
	If !actors[i].IsDeleted()
		actors[i].PlayIdle(aIdle[i])
	EndIf
	i = i + 1
EndWhile

and add this in its place:

NativeSync.PlaySyncedIdles(aIdle, actors)

Spoiler

This second change is only needed for the creatures getting stuck in animations fix.

In the OnUnlockActor() function, remove this snippet:

If !targetActor.IsDeleted()
	targetActor.PlayIdle(LooseIdleStop)
EndIf

NativeSync.ResetActorAnimState(targetActor)
EndIf

5 minutes ago, spicydoritos said:

In this case, search the modified AAF MainQuestScript for "NativeSync" and you'll find where the new functions were incorporated.  The 168 version of AAF isn't any different from 166 in those areas.

In a larger sense, you can use Notepad++ to find differences between two scripts.  For example, open the original and NativeSync versions of AAF 166 MainQuestScript.  On the top bar, click "Plugins -> Compare -> Compare".  Then you can use the toolbar arrows to jump directly to each revision.

Aha, thanks. Indeed, I found the compare plugin for NP++ recently when looking for something that I could use to diff some text-based config files for a mod.

I'm out of my element on Windows, but sadly too lazy to set up WSL and install the GNU toolchain I'm more accustomed to using.

4 minutes ago, Snapdragon_ said:

Here are the exact changes:

Hide contents

In the startMultipleIdles() function, remove this snippet:

i = 0
While i < idleForm.Length
	If !actors[i].IsDeleted()
		actors[i].PlayIdle(aIdle[i])
	EndIf
	i = i + 1
EndWhile

NativeSync.PlaySyncedIdles(aIdle, actors)

Hide contents

This second change is only needed for the creatures getting stuck in animations fix.

In the OnUnlockActor() function, remove this snippet:

targetActor.PlayIdle(LooseIdleStop)
EndIf

NativeSync.ResetActorAnimState(targetActor)
EndIf

Thanks! Trivial and quite clear. Can't wait to take your hard work for a spin.

1 hour ago, badandunusual said:

got an odd effect using this. The animation didn't stop. just kept going. I'm a version late on address library if that has anything to do with it?

The address library versions correspond with game versions. If your address library version doesn't match your game version, that would indeed cause issues.

On 3/9/2023 at 1:40 AM, Snapdragon_ said:

- Added a fix for the vanilla bug of creatures getting stuck in animations after a scene ends. This works on all creatures.

creature fixes are greatly appreciated! makes me wonder if there is a possible fix so there is no need to reset after each creature animation? i usually avoid creature animations cause the quick T-pose with each animation transition is pretty distracting

Edited by 2Dimm
11 hours ago, badandunusual said:

It does, I dl'd the latest version, same problem

A few questions to pin down exactly what's happening:

- Do animations fail to stop every time?

- What type of actors fail to stop? (i.e. female human, male human, mirelurk, etc.)

- Does the issue occur if you try a different combination of actors?

4 hours ago, 2Dimm said:

creature fixes are greatly appreciated! makes me wonder if there is a possible fix so there is no need to reset after each creature animation? i usually avoid creature animations cause the quick T-pose with each animation transition is pretty distracting

Unfortunately, a fix for that requires behavior graph edits, which is beyond my means. (I tried editing behavior graphs before, and it just ended up breaking things, even though it seemed like I was doing everything correctly.) However, IceStormNG did provide some fixes to a few animal behavior graphs in the Animal Posing Framework. You would just have to edit your animation pack ESPs to make use of it.

10 hours ago, Snapdragon_ said:

A few questions to pin down exactly what's happening:

- Do animations fail to stop every time?

- What type of actors fail to stop? (i.e. female human, male human, mirelurk, etc.)

- Does the issue occur if you try a different combination of actors?

Unfortunately, a fix for that requires behavior graph edits, which is beyond my means. (I tried editing behavior graphs before, and it just ended up breaking things, even though it seemed like I was doing everything correctly.) However, IceStormNG did provide some fixes to a few animal behavior graphs in the Animal Posing Framework. You would just have to edit your animation pack ESPs to make use of it.

Its happens no matter what kind of animations. This is a first for me. I've fought through the AFF nor loading, T poses, no animations happening at all, but not stopping is a first, and no matter what kind of creature. I haven't tried starting up anything with two other actors though

Edited by badandunusual
16 hours ago, badandunusual said:

Its happens no matter what kind of animations. This is a first for me. I've fought through the AFF nor loading, T poses, no animations happening at all, but not stopping is a first, and no matter what kind of creature. I haven't tried starting up anything with two other actors though

Could you try this?

NativeSync_v1.1.0_StopFix.zip

I added back AAF's normal animation stop method as a failsafe on top of NativeSync's ResetAnimState method.

ResetAnimState worked in all my test cases, but maybe there's some sort of mod conflict.

7 hours ago, Snapdragon_ said:

Could you try this?

NativeSync_v1.1.0_StopFix.zip 172.5 kB · 0 downloads

I added back AAF's normal animation stop method as a failsafe on top of NativeSync's ResetAnimState method.

ResetAnimState worked in all my test cases, but maybe there's some sort of mod conflict.

Didn't work. Male get clothed, but still keeps the animation going, stuck on unjoining on AAF

4 hours ago, badandunusual said:

Didn't work. Male get clothed, but still keeps the animation going, stuck on unjoining on AAF

Oh, if AAF is getting stuck on unjoining, that's not related to this mod. NativeSync doesn't do anything to AAF's scene system, aside from changing the function that plays idles. There are likely AAF conflicts in your mod order.

Edited by Snapdragon_
Just now, Snapdragon_ said:

Oh, if AAF is getting stuck on unjoining, that's not related to this mod. NativeSync doesn't do anything to AAF's scene system, aside from changing the function that plays idles. There are likely conflicts in your mod order.

Well thanks for trying and responding. It works fine without nativesync so I guess I will have to go without. I'll let you know if I find a solution on my end, in case it happens to someone else

4 hours ago, badandunusual said:

Well thanks for trying and responding. It works fine without nativesync so I guess I will have to go without. I'll let you know if I find a solution on my end, in case it happens to someone else

What version of AAF are you using? NativeSync "patches" one of its scripts by including a modified copy, so is built for a very specific version, the latest publicly available release: AAF_V166-0_beta.7z

If you have any other version of AAF installed, all manner of things will probably break on installing NativeSync.

13 hours ago, vaultbait said:

What version of AAF are you using? NativeSync "patches" one of its scripts by including a modified copy, so is built for a very specific version, the latest publicly available release: AAF_V166-0_beta.7z

If you have any other version of AAF installed, all manner of things will probably break on installing NativeSync.

Latest version

This is timely. I've been testing out mods for a "finally done modding" play through (ha! See? I lie even to myself).  Was going to look for a mod just like this to correct the lag and creatures humping air after their animation scene ends. Hoping it corrects "sleeping" ghouls showing up then just laying there during their scenes.
No need to answer that (unless to let others know) as I am downloading the file as I type and going to enable it to test it today.

THANK YOU!

26 minutes ago, ShadowKraz42 said:

Hoping it corrects "sleeping" ghouls showing up then just laying there during their scenes.

That needs to be handled by the mods calling AAF. They need to refrain choosing actors in an inactive state (sleeping humans, ghouls playing dead, deactivated robots, and so on).

First off, because of Native Sync ,BR70 animations (foot cycling, footplay) now sequence perfect where before they were total miss mostly and hit. Other animations requiring timing sequence to match up now work. I have also used this with earlier AAF (154 AND AFTER) and it still works. Totally a fan of this mod and "Snappy"........... Gonna adopt him!

Edited by maddadicusrex

I installed this with Vortex and now I can't even start the game. I'm getting a missing bin error? This patch moves that file? I'm lost, please help.

rel/relocation.h(600): failed to open:

Data/F4SE/Plugins/versions-1-10-163-0.bin

I was hoping that this patch will fix the model alignment issues. Blow jobs and hand jobs are not even close! Does it take into account for Atomic Muscle mods? I think it's hilarious how random the NPC bodies are.