1 hour ago, HexBolt8 said:

I'm curious about the sound that plays when the circle effect ends.  I don't see it in the Magic Effect.  How would one change it?

I'm not entirely sure 😅 The circle effect is actually a heavily modified ward mesh, and the sound is that of a ward fading. I believe that sound is actually coupled to the fade animation in the mesh, but I still don't quite understand how those .nif animations really work. You can open the .nif in Nifskope and go to NiControllerManager -> mCastEnd -> NiTextKeyExtraData, and one of those keys should says "SoundPlay.MAGWardDrop". I'm guessing that's what you'd have to change. But I'm not sure where it's going to try to look for that sound. It's not a file path though, and MAGWardDrop is a valid EditorID for that sound in CK, so I'm guessing if you replace that "SoundPlay.MAGWardDrop" string by "SoundPlay.[YourSound]" it should work?

14 minutes ago, Frayed said:

It's not a file path though, and MAGWardDrop is a valid EditorID for that sound in CK, so I'm guessing if you replace that "SoundPlay.MAGWardDrop" string by "SoundPlay.[YourSound]" it should work?

Thank you.  I was so close, but I hadn't expanded NiTextKeyExtraData because I don't usually poke around inside this part of nif files.  This is the piece I was missing.  Replacing MAGWardDrop with another MAG sound worked perfectly.

Thank you for the help, and for this mod (it's very nice work).  I'll be using the collar and the runic circle effect in the next update to Submissive Lola: The Resubmission, with attribution to you and Layam.

16 hours ago, HexBolt8 said:

Thank you.  I was so close, but I hadn't expanded NiTextKeyExtraData because I don't usually poke around inside this part of nif files.  This is the piece I was missing.  Replacing MAGWardDrop with another MAG sound worked perfectly.

Cool, glad to hear that worked. I only discovered that the sound was defined in there by chance after you asked, before that I assumed it was in the anim graph file somewhere, which would've much less convenient.

• 1 month later...