13 hours ago, Gamaramdi said:

Hi,
Any instructions for the installation? I dont know what to do with the file

Soon. Sliders are being wrapped up right now. I did all the tough ones. Gotta write the install script. Currently debating a few things, whether or not I want to do dismemberment now or later, for example. I haven't actually looked at what's required. But I want to get things done before Star Field releases, otherwise nobody will give a fuck about Fallout 4 mods for a few months.

Edited by User39042
7 hours ago, User39042 said:

otherwise nobody will give a fuck about Fallout 4 mods for a few months.

I will ?, you need to give Starfield at least a year after release in order to get a decent experience (after numerous bug fix patches...).
This old Outfit studio request on their GitHub helped me understand Fo4 dismemberment mechanism a bit. You could find something useful in it or at least get an idea on how it works (Information on the subject are hard to find). And here's a link for the tutorial (segmentation/dismemberment at the bottom).  

Edited by lee3310
8 hours ago, lee3310 said:

I will ?, you need to give Starfield at least a year after release in order to get a decent experience (after numerous bug fix patches...).
This old Outfit studio request on their GitHub helped me understand Fo4 dismemberment mechanism a bit. You could find something useful in it or at least get an idea on how it works (Information on the subject are hard to find). And here's a link for the tutorial (segmentation/dismemberment at the bottom).  

Awesome thanks, doing them now. It's not too bad, at least for the body. Doing the SSF files for clothes looks like it's a headache.

*edit*

Got it to work. New body has 24k polys and there's no real good area to drop polys. I stretched it pretty thin as is. So, I made a temp low-poly body for NPCs with dismemberment. Kind of frustrating. If I had to do it over again, I might squeak by with 22.4k polys. I'm halfway tempted to retop again. ugh. Oh well, that'll be for a later date.

*2nd Edit*

Nevermind, doing it skyrim style fixed that issue. Kinda lame that I have to piecemeal the body but what the user doesn't know...

Edited by User39042
12 hours ago, User39042 said:

Awesome thanks, doing them now. It's not too bad, at least for the body. Doing the SSF files for clothes looks like it's a headache.

*edit*

Got it to work. New body has 24k polys and there's no real good area to drop polys. I stretched it pretty thin as is. So, I made a temp low-poly body for NPCs with dismemberment. Kind of frustrating. If I had to do it over again, I might squeak by with 22.4k polys. I'm halfway tempted to retop again. ugh. Oh well, that'll be for a later date.

*2nd Edit*

Nevermind, doing it skyrim style fixed that issue. Kinda lame that I have to piecemeal the body but what the user doesn't know...

According to the mod description, FG reduced has 24,150 polygons, so 24K should be fine ? (Outpowner's version has 24,214 pg) But if there is another way to do it (Skyrim style) that works with higher poly count, so much the better.

Edited by lee3310
6 hours ago, lee3310 said:

According to the mod description, FG reduced has 24,150 polygons, so 24K should be fine ? (Outpowner's version has 24,214 pg) But if there is another way to do it (Skyrim style) that works with higher poly count, so much the better.

You're right. I'm literally 100 polys too many. That can be fixed in a better way than piecemealing.

4 hours ago, vaultbait said:

GrafPanzer went through something similar making Graf's Fusion Girl Reduced and ended up with 24150 polys as well (but by removing some around the toes apparently). The mod description talks about it a bit.

Yeah got mine to work. The real trick is don't go crazy with polys, keep it around 24k. Can't use precision vertex coordinates. And, make sure you name your mesh to match the ssf file.

So I updated the file. Since I don't have a lot of time to test and considering the features I've put into this, as well as the 700+ lines of install script, something is going to go wrong. It'd be awesome if you could let me know what you find.

#edit#

Also, yes, I still have 8k textures and 4k cumnwealth overlays. I had to downsize them to fit everything in the 250mb limit. Once I'm finished tweaking the body, I'll probably have a HD pack to download.

#edit2#

Ugh, somehow the dismemberment fixes fucked up a few of the sliders. Oh well, nothing that can't be fixed.

Edited by User39042

Тело просто охуенное, я даже представить не мгу сколько возможностей открывается модерам для его использования и интеграции своих эффектов с его помощью. Спасибо!

On 6/24/2023 at 4:41 PM, holp31pro said:

Тело просто охуенное, я даже представить не мгу сколько возможностей открывается модерам для его использования и интеграции своих эффектов с его помощью. Спасибо!

With hope! But thanks.

On 6/24/2023 at 11:15 PM, kazeha9 said:

//will wait for new version 

Yeah, I suppose this is the transition from building to testing. There was a lot of problems once I started experimenting with the body and a lot of things that were great, like the anuspenhuge and nail length, but now are all glitched. I'm listing all the stuff down so far:

Things to fix in v0.3

Body sliders that alter neck
body sliders that alter raddick
use reference cbbe sqr17 to fix weights, hopefully that will fix the neck
comb through installer for errors and improvements
make nanachan naturally 50% hips narrow to work with my girly SAM setting

Make new convert that's better for clothing / bra straps, prob means retop cbbe high poly < 60k vert
make a takosako SAM edit for nanarace using his old zex skeleton

#edit#

fix muscle core and muscle legs to look a bit more consistant

fix puffy nipple to look better with other sliders

alter physics collisions to be less broke af

Do let me know if you find anything that needs to be fixed so that I can get this done asap

#edit#

Current Progress to v0.3:

Well, it was a bitch, but I fixed the neck seem on the realistic and most probable nana body. Now it looks about as good as any other body out there. Literally tried everything, from new hd head meshes, to tricking the smoothing groups, but in the end, unless you do a new set of phoneme morph files, which look like a pita, following the angle of vanilla body around the neck is the only answer :\

Next up, bone painting in the anus and vagina... oh what fun...

Aug 12 Update 2023: Taking a small break, I fixed quite a few things: The Futa Penis, the Neck Seam, Vagina and Anus morphs, some more sliders, and I even figured out an easy-er method of painting weights, but I've decided to redo a lot of the sliders. I'm replaying a few other modded games and basically got jealous of their good body sliders, so I want to do the same. I still need to paint the weights, do a LooksMenu Morph plugin, redo a conversion mesh UNIboob style with 64k polys, and work on the basic sliders some more. I will say that I don't care about niche sliders, like anus pucker or what-have-you. I feel like those are things you can do. So, all I care about is the basics.

Edited by User39042
  • 3 months later...

Damn, that one has big potential.

If done right and constantly updated, it could overthrow every other body.

Like the same way, Acro's 3BA did in Skyrim, practically replacing CBBE and its derivates, destroying TBD to become utterly meaningless and even constantly nibbling on BHUNPs base, which is the only real competitor left on the field.

The detail, the possibilities, all the already possible sliders and physics, make way for higly detailed morphs and clothing, but when i think of animations and stuff going in and out...holy moly.

or lets say, every mod that adds some inflation, based on pregnancy or semen or eggs or simply by hiding stuff ultra deep inside...with the vagina and the already somewhat existing womb, this could get transported to the next level by making use of that womb...

cant wait to see more.

?

On 9/30/2023 at 4:19 AM, onkalabonka said:

Damn, that one has big potential.

If done right and constantly updated, it could overthrow every other body.

Like the same way, Acro's 3BA did in Skyrim, practically replacing CBBE and its derivates, destroying TBD to become utterly meaningless and even constantly nibbling on BHUNPs base, which is the only real competitor left on the field.

The detail, the possibilities, all the already possible sliders and physics, make way for higly detailed morphs and clothing, but when i think of animations and stuff going in and out...holy moly.

or lets say, every mod that adds some inflation, based on pregnancy or semen or eggs or simply by hiding stuff ultra deep inside...with the vagina and the already somewhat existing womb, this could get transported to the next level by making use of that womb...

cant wait to see more.

?

Thanks, but what determines success of mods is not just their capability, it's actually more their support from the modding community. I don't see that happening. I feel old for saying this, but when modding for Skyrim was fresh, it was a lot easier to rally support for a mod. Now it's paywall this or copyright that. It's now how to properly apply the reach around technique to get proper permission to use assets rather than just, "hey, your mod's cool, can I use it in mine with credit given?"

By the way, when I'm done, there are a few mod author's that deserve a shout out for actually being cool with letting me use their assets. I just want everyone, to know how rare that is. Out of 20 or so people I asked to use their assets, only 2 said yes, and only 4 replied, even after reading the messages, since last update. I'll tell you something, my first few mods, I had huge support for. Big mod authors wanted to help me out, I had people offering me their own personal code to make my life easier, Youtubers promotted mods like crazy. These days, you get a door slammed in your face and a lot of egos that need to be stroked.

Oh well, I'll get it done none the less, eventually. Event though I've had to redo the mesh 3 times since last update so far, because I keep finding better ways to do something that is less hodgepodge. It would be nice to have a functional free body that can be ported to other games by anyone without having to cup the balls of the author.

Damn...

Thats kinda dark, how it seems to go nowadays...

I'm glad i'm just modding... ;)

Take your time and dont let it get to you too much, its already good an get only get better, as you said, you found way to make it better, so dont hesitate doing so.

Ppl will come around when they see, what this can do, how adaptable and multipurpse friendly it is or can be...it just needs to get out there somehow i guess.

• 3 months later...
11 hours ago, calvin_0 said:

i cant wait to see what modder can do with this... but that said, why include internal organ?

By changing the transparency of the abdomen texture, you could view activity inside the abdominal cavity, for example.

On 1/11/2024 at 2:29 PM, vaultbait said:

By changing the transparency of the abdomen texture, you could view activity inside the abdominal cavity, for example.

Holy moly, why didn't I think of that.

On 1/11/2024 at 2:40 AM, calvin_0 said:

i cant wait to see what modder can do with this... but that said, why include internal organ?

Yeah, need to get the desire to get back to work on it. A lot of problems are staring me in the face that I just don't want to tackle with it at the moment. AKA, proper normal mapping for muscles, fixing the broken sliders (yes every single one of them, from Bethesda's broke ass vertex coordinate system), and of course the textures for ghouls.

14 hours ago, User39042 said:

Holy moly, why didn't I think of that.

Yeah, need to get the desire to get back to work on it. A lot of problems are staring me in the face that I just don't want to tackle with it at the moment. AKA, proper normal mapping for muscles, fixing the broken sliders (yes every single one of them, from Bethesda's broke ass vertex coordinate system), and of course the textures for ghouls.

I suspect that building some custom tools would help here (and elsewhere).

There's rigging the mesh and making sure that normals mostly behave during typical movements, for example. (And both mesh normals and the normal map need to work together, of course.)

And there's a related issue with clothing (skintight clothing should use vertices and bone weights almost exactly matching the skin vertices, to eliminate or minimize clipping, while loose clothing can have that constraint relaxed with distance from the body mesh).

And even when working with other tools, it would be good to have a testing mechanism to warn when these sorts of constraints get violated.

Spoiler

(Violation needs to stay in quest mods, it does not belong in meshes. Thankyou, I'll be here all week.)

But building those kinds of tools means diving into the data structures, and that can be ... slow going.

And this doesn't even get into how soft some parts of the body are, and how that matters in real life and how we have to cope with that when modding. Baby steps...

2 hours ago, sen4mi said:

I suspect that building some custom tools would help here (and elsewhere).

There's rigging the mesh and making sure that normals mostly behave during typical movements, for example. (And both mesh normals and the normal map need to work together, of course.)

And there's a related issue with clothing (skintight clothing should use vertices and bone weights almost exactly matching the skin vertices, to eliminate or minimize clipping, while loose clothing can have that constraint relaxed with distance from the body mesh).

And even when working with other tools, it would be good to have a testing mechanism to warn when these sorts of constraints get violated.

Reveal hidden contents

(Violation needs to stay in quest mods, it does not belong in meshes. Thankyou, I'll be here all week.)

But building those kinds of tools means diving into the data structures, and that can be ... slow going.

And this doesn't even get into how soft some parts of the body are, and how that matters in real life and how we have to cope with that when modding. Baby steps...

Yeah, this whole project started with me asking if I could modify FG bodyslide with a few sliders and not getting an answer. It's just that I wasn't ready to reinvent the wheel when I thought, "hmm, wouldn't it be cool to have some new animations for monsters?"

Though, that said, I did have an epiphany when I fell asleep last night. I think I know of a way to fix the bodyslide issues with relative ease. I'm on a skyrim kick right now, but fo4 is still in the oven. We'll give it a shot soon.