Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 2.0.0 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH)

Planned changes NOT finished yet!

Mods to REMOVE

Spoiler

Just Ice                                                                              Gets replaced

The Blackest Reaches                                                       Too buggy

Paint it Black                                                                            ''

SINful CBP                                                                        Redundant

Mods to ADD

Spoiler

DynDOLOD Bright LOD Waterfall Fix

LOD Mesh Fixes for DynDOLOD

Assorted mesh fixes

Assorted Mesh fixes - Mesh Patch

Nordic Snow

Skyrim Remastered - Glaciers and Ice

Skyrim Remastered - Glaciers and Ice - Textures

SMIM - Quality Addon

SMIM - Quality Addon - Unofficial Material Fix Patch

Improved SMIM

JK's High Hrothgar

JK's Sky Haven Temple

JK's Sinderion's Field Laboratory                                       Without the extensions to Blackreach it now works

Octavia (F - Nord) HPH                                                     Had to add my favourite from 'The 100' ;) 

NITHI NPC Enhancement - Whiterun (Complete)             Mod is up again!

Honored Dead - A draugr and skeleton model replacer  The ESL version caused the CTD

Honored Dead - Cannibal Draugr Patch

Honored Dead - Sons of Skyrim Patch

Alftand Fix                                                                          Didn't have the issue - but with a Bethesda game you can't be cautious enough.

First Person Camera Height Fix

Skeleton - Patches

Skeleton - Lux Patch

Mesh patches for Lux and Lux Orbis

NITHI NPC Enhancement - Whiterun RBT

@1001nights

I'm working on that.

What we got now is a blended version that works for all. Will have to see how i can get a 'Standard' and a 'High' setting working. Yep, that means a few reruns of DynDOLOD here... ?

'Pride of Skyrim'? I'll take a look...

Edited by Aylis
1 hour ago, 1001nights said:

I use Pride of Skyrim -> Pandorable AIO -> Pandorable Small AIO -> and all Packs for Cold Suns Pantheon (1-9). I load them exactly in that order so Pantheon overwrites all changes, should cover most npcs you encounter. Important: load the esps exactly in that order, too. Cool thing is that you can give all of Pantheons NPCs their own body without a mod like Obody, they all have their own Bodyslide.  And no blackface bugs. I also use TKAA Renewal instead of RS Children Overhaul.

Will look into those for sure, I used to have an amalgam of overhauls before and to solve conflicts, I used to run their plugins through xEdit and delete redundant NPC forms just to save myself from future headaches. I'll give your setup a run, I liked the ColdSuns' one so I'm happy with your order of mods.

I also agree that TKAA is a somewhat more practical mod to use instead of RSCO.

Thanks 1001nights!

Engine improvements:

Papyrus Tweaks NG

retardedly massive speed improvements

Bug FIxes SSE some QoL fixes

Scrambled Bugs a truckload of fixes, makes Enchantment Reload & Flora Respawn redundant. Has a (disabled) equip best ammo option as well. Requires an Ordinator Patch

Barter Limit Fix for compulsive hoarders like yours truly. Regular google-fu mostly links to defunct and abandoned options.

@Aylis Everything seems to work fine with SL and Ostim working simultaneously. Engagements work automatically or manually and the mini-game runs fine. Personally though? I don't like Ostim at all. It seems more like a mini-game without game mechanics, or a poser with animations. Just my two cents, and for a beginner's guide I think Ostim is way easier to use (eventually at least, those menus take a while to get used to). I'm going to stick with just SL, but here is the loadout that worked for me in case you want to add it:

Spoiler

All of the Ostim mods already in the list, then ...

Sexlab Framework AE

Sexlab Beta8 LipSync Fix

Sexlab Aroused Redux

Slavetats

[Whatever tattoos]

Sexlab Animation Loader

Sexlab Extra Voices - optional

Nusbie Voices - optional

Creature Framework

More Nasty Critters

Sexlab Aroused Creatures

SLAC Tweaks

Bakafactory Animated Beast Cocks

MNC Husky

[Animations. I just took out all of the human ones and left in non-human ones.]

Billy's SLAL Animations

Babo Creature

K4 Anims

Anub Creature

Bakafactory's SLAL Pack

Horny Creatures of Skyrim

SLAL NibblesAnims (duplicate from Osim, but includes creature stuff)
Lord Creature

Psyche Animations

SLAL Creature Animations by Sailing Rebel

FluffyFox SLAL Creatures

Patched Sexlab Tools

Sexlab Light Me Up

Werewolf Eyetracking FNIS Patch - optional

Sexlab Werewolves Redux - optional

Monster Facial Animations - optional, but nice even if you don't use Sexlab

Total Werewolf Overhaul - optional

Sexlab Ammo Unequip - may not be necessary anymore with IED

8 hours ago, wollboi said:

@Aylis Everything seems to work fine with SL and Ostim working simultaneously. Engagements work automatically or manually and the mini-game runs fine. Personally though? I don't like Ostim at all. It seems more like a mini-game without game mechanics, or a poser with animations. Just my two cents, and for a beginner's guide I think Ostim is way easier to use (eventually at least, those menus take a while to get used to). I'm going to stick with just SL, but here is the loadout that worked for me in case you want to add it:

Hide contents

All of the Ostim mods already in the list, then ...

Sexlab Framework AE

Sexlab Beta8 LipSync Fix

Sexlab Aroused Redux

Slavetats

[Whatever tattoos]

Sexlab Animation Loader

Sexlab Extra Voices - optional

Nusbie Voices - optional

Creature Framework

More Nasty Critters

Sexlab Aroused Creatures

SLAC Tweaks

Bakafactory Animated Beast Cocks

MNC Husky

[Animations. I just took out all of the human ones and left in non-human ones.]

Billy's SLAL Animations

Babo Creature

K4 Anims

Anub Creature

Bakafactory's SLAL Pack

Horny Creatures of Skyrim

SLAL NibblesAnims (duplicate from Osim, but includes creature stuff)
Lord Creature

Psyche Animations

SLAL Creature Animations by Sailing Rebel

FluffyFox SLAL Creatures

Patched Sexlab Tools

Sexlab Light Me Up

Werewolf Eyetracking FNIS Patch - optional

Sexlab Werewolves Redux - optional

Monster Facial Animations - optional, but nice even if you don't use Sexlab

Total Werewolf Overhaul - optional

Sexlab Ammo Unequip - may not be necessary anymore with IED

For a simpler sex-on-demand functionality, OStim seems to be the more appealing option but I agree in that overall superiority in functionality and, most importantly, seamless contextual integration, SLAB seems to be way ahead.

I've ran across mods that tried to bridge SLAB and OSTIM in some sort of a makeshift Arousal framework (OSLAroused) and people seem to be getting good results so far, managing to trigger SLAB arousal dependent mods using OSTIM, did you get around to trying that?

EDIT: Btw, I've noticed that DAR wasn't included in the guide, any reason for its omission? I've noticed how there weren't any combat overhauls too.

Nevermind, figured it out, lol.

Edited by NismoMan

A little help, please. When I started the game this problem came up (except with Argonian/Khajiit). If I put on a full beard and full hair those flaws disappear. I think I installed something wrong, or maybe I didn't merge or overwrite a mod correctly. Any tips to fix? (attachment 1)

I don't know if it helps, but I'll attach a print of the MO2 to see if the order is wrong. Sorry if the question is too simple, but this is the first game I use mods and I'm not sure how to resolve these texture issues. (attachement 2)

And taking advantage of the post, if I want to add a follower or a replacer should I put it in my "Companion" tab? (attachment 3)

Edited by rb1981

@rb1981

1. Pictures belong into spoilers!

2. Did you activate HPH for the char? You have to activate it during the creation.

3. You answered your own question... ;)

First testrun with 'little trees' is looking very good. Better FPS and the visuals are good (but not as good as the mod in the list).

I'm also running a test setup with a different texture pack. One file to download instead of five. Which would make the installation process easier.

Edited by Aylis

Some nitpicking about Ryn's Robber's Gorge. A couple Lux Via artifacts that stick out.

The too small archway for certain character race combinations takes the cake though. I cannot enter the main camp area from the road because the stone archway is just a wee bit too low. So it's either the long way around the barricades or parcour. Not my method of choice when the NPC archers have no problem retreating past that barrier. ?

3 hours ago, Aylis said:

@rb1981

1. Pictures belong into spoilers!

2. Did you activate HPH for the char? You have to activate it during the creation.

3. You answered your own question... ;)

Ah, now I get it. While creating the character just go to Faceparts (on the Slider tab) and change the option to HPH. Problem solved. Thanks for the help.

@Aylis I am ripping out Solitude Docks now. Not only did I find the child NPCs @wollboi mentioned without him spoilering which it actually were, But I found a couple buildings with non existing scripts attached (aka CTD bonanza) too. Might look pretty but it is missing the you cannot enter this building because it crashes your game, no that building neither warning signs.

On 12/13/2022 at 10:08 AM, Aylis said:

Planned changes NOT finished yet!

Mods to REMOVE

Reveal hidden contents

Just Ice                                                                              Gets replaced

The Blackest Reaches                                                       Too buggy

Paint it Black                                                                            ''

SINful CBP                                                                        Redundant

Mods to ADD

Reveal hidden contents

DynDOLOD Bright LOD Waterfall Fix

LOD Mesh Fixes for DynDOLOD

Assorted mesh fixes

Assorted Mesh fixes - Mesh Patch

Nordic Snow

Skyrim Remastered - Glaciers and Ice

Skyrim Remastered - Glaciers and Ice - Textures

SMIM - Quality Addon

SMIM - Quality Addon - Unofficial Material Fix Patch

Improved SMIM

JK's High Hrothgar

JK's Sky Haven Temple

JK's Sinderion's Field Laboratory                                       Without the extensions to Blackreach it now works

Octavia (F - Nord) HPH                                                     Had to add my favourite from 'The 100' ;) 

NITHI NPC Enhancement - Whiterun (Complete)             Mod is up again!

Honored Dead - A draugr and skeleton model replacer  The ESL version caused the CTD

Honored Dead - Cannibal Draugr Patch

Honored Dead - Sons of Skyrim Patch

Alftand Fix                                                                          Didn't have the issue - but with a Bethesda game you can't be cautious enough.

First Person Camera Height Fix

Skeleton - Patches

Skeleton - Lux Patch

Mesh patches for Lux and Lux Orbis

NITHI NPC Enhancement - Whiterun RBT

@1001nights

I'm working on that.

What we got now is a blended version that works for all. Will have to see how i can get a 'Standard' and a 'High' setting working. Yep, that means a few reruns of DynDOLOD here... ?

'Pride of Skyrim'? I'll take a look...

Sinful CBP is redundant? Is it 3BA that makes it fully redundant?

@AylisI've noticed that Conditional Expressions for NPCs is throwing out a bunch of errors due to it trying to give animals / non-humanoid characters expressions/expression spells.

I think this could be fixed by tweaking the SPID_DIST ini conditions a bit but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

EDIT: When Installing "Realistic Armor", which esp do we pick from the BAIN installer? the one in the data folder or the "standalone" one? I've also noticed there were HIMBO bodyslides for it here, don't we need those along side the 3ba ones too?

EDIT 2: Unplayable Faction Armors HIMBO BS link takes you to the CBBE / SMMB Bodyslide file

[Bodyslide] Unplayable Faction Armor - HIMBO Bodyslide

Correct link: HERE

Edited by NismoMan

Anybody having random freezes when you ask a merchant to show their inventory? Usually when this happens it's because there's an item the merchant is selling that the game doesn't understand because a mesh is messed up, but I can't think of anything that would do that. I think it only happens with weapons merchants. Probably just me, but just checking to see if anybody else has had it.

12 minutes ago, wollboi said:

Anybody having random freezes when you ask a merchant to show their inventory? Usually when this happens it's because there's an item the merchant is selling that the game doesn't understand because a mesh is messed up, but I can't think of anything that would do that. I think it only happens with weapons merchants. Probably just me, but just checking to see if anybody else has had it.

Not sure if this would help, but the "Vanilla Armor Replacer" esp had a couple of errors that I had to manually deal with where the Dwarven Helmet had an "unknown" or "undefined" Low and High morph values that you'll have to delete yourself.

You'll see which record to edit if you run "Check for Errors" on the "DIS_Replacer.esp" in xEdit, make sure to load "Weapons Armors Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp" as well, otherwise you'll receive a bunch of missing references errors.

13 minutes ago, wollboi said:

My septims are on the combination of Realistic Armors & WACCF. Or any other 'non compatible' mod + WACCF ?

3 minutes ago, NismoMan said:

Not sure if this would help, but the "Vanilla Armor Replacer" esp had a couple of errors that I had to manually deal with where the Dwarven Helmet had an "unknown" or "undefined" Low and High morph values that you'll have to delete yourself.

You'll see which record to edit if you run "Check for Errors" on the "DIS_Replacer.esp" in xEdit, make sure to load "Weapons Armors Clothing & Clutter Fixes.esp" as well, otherwise you'll receive a bunch of missing references errors.

You went through all the plugins semi-manually? ?

In other news there is a fairly recent comment on the Conditional Expressions page where someone already edited the SPID_DIST to only include hewmons. At the very least it significantly reduced my papyrus log, too early to tell if it improved stability though.

@NismoMan

Thanks for the info. Link is fixed

ESD will go the way of the Dodo. Added removal info to the guide

Nithi updated the NPC Enhancements for Riften and Whiterun. They are an AIO now and require less downloads. 

Edited by Aylis

@alaunus01 LOL

I usually scan each section I install just to see what goes where and if there are any esp's I can comapct / ESLify. I made it a rule to process plugins that are error free just to save myself from future headaches :)

15 minutes ago, alaunus01 said:

In other news there is a fairly recent comment on the Conditional Expressions page where someone already edited the SPID_DIST to only include hewmons. At the very least it significantly reduced my papyrus log, too early to tell if it improved stability though.

Gah... figured as much. crap... do I have to go through all the SPID_DIST inis in my load order too?! ?

I was planning on cleaning up my modlist before Christmas... I guess that plan went out the window >.<

2 hours ago, NismoMan said:

Hmm, this very well could be it. I've got the same "Unknown 2" you probably had. Lots of people on the mod page complaining about several different issues with missing meshes for dwarven and ebony armor, although the Dwarven Helmet was the only error that popped up for me in SSEEdit. Thanks! I'll see if that fixes anything.

Edit - I haven't played around with the Check for Errors function, but holy shit a lot of problems are making sense. @Aylis The blackface bug I'm getting seems to just be for Nord vampires because of a missing tint layer. Would explain why Serana and some nameless NPCs have it but others don't. Could you spawn a Nord vampire and see if you're seeing the problem? I think in your example picture you posted it was an Altmer.

Edit 2 - And Solitude Docks throws out a fuckton of errors about the kids I kept experiencing. SSEEdit was literally made by Jesus.

Edited by wollboi

@wollboi Yeesh, haven't gotten around to checking "World Expansion" yet... I tried to look for alternatives for ESD but no dice, All major Solitude exterior overhauls are buggy AF. I'll try settling for minor additions as opposed to major overhauls.

@Aylis Apparently AutoBody's development has been dropped, mod author is moving on from the project and opened doors for people to take over, bugs and all. Have you considered Obody Standalone as a more up-to-date alternative? As far as I can tell they basically do the same thing. What was the reasoning behind picking Autobody over OBody, if I may ask?

Can I ask about the "Final" Section. There's a comment "This is only for the full AE!" down the bottom, but I never knew whether it's supposed to apply to the bashed patch, or the Terrain LOD below it (which I assume is the case). Secondly, what is the "full AE" in this case? Is it one you have to pay for as opposed to the automatic update SSE users got?

Thirdly, does this mean we shouldn't run the XLOD gen stage if we don't have the paid AE? I've tried running it, and it seems to go fine, but I do get purple DLOD textures in-game, so I've been disabling it. The main reason I ask is because there are some pretty rough transitions between ground textures all over the place. where grass and stone meet in towns, for instance, there are very abrupt changes of textures. I wasn't sure if that was related, or just a matter of all the world expansions being a little rough.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

Added 'a few' arrows, Hopefully it is now clear to which mod the comment belongs...

Ha ha, thank you! I do think it was pretty obvious that you were referring to the mod above, but I thought I should check. 

This means my purple DLOD caused by xLODgen is me doing something else wrong. Bummer!