Skyrim AE for Beginners - V 2.0.0 (3BA / HDT-SMP / HPH)

@alaunus01

Yes. But don't forget that link collections like that one are just a very rough draft of what i intend to do. So they might be incomplete or even contain mods that are already in the guide (i don't always flagg the 'endorsed' in MO2 when i list them here).

I've tested YK before and i wasn't happy with it. So i'm not sure if Acheron is the way to go...

Next run of DynDOLOD. I forgot to activate some patches so i have to rerun the whole thing again... ?

21 minutes ago, billymandy said:

Has anyone had the issue of hearing a very faint but constant panting/shivering/gasping sound from their player character?

I'm well dressed and in a warm location and there still is that audio. 

Check 'OSL Aroused'.

21 minutes ago, billymandy said:

Anyone have body language bugging out when holding a conversation with an NPC? My PC keeps shifting posture repeatedly. 

Why do you think thats a bug? People usually don't turn into a plank when they talk to each other (aka seems to work as intended).

Edited by Aylis
2 hours ago, billymandy said:

Edit: Apparently getting laid fixes weird panting/shivering sounds

On another note: Anyone have body language bugging out when holding a conversation with an NPC? My PC keeps shifting posture repeatedly. 

The panting is from Dripping When Aroused. Turn it off in the MCM at the very bottom.

If you're getting A-poses while talking to people, yeah, me too. I thought it was Body Language, but it isn't. Never happens to my PC, just NPCs.

1 hour ago, Aylis said:

[...]

I've tested YK before and i wasn't happy with it. So i'm not sure if Acheron is the way to go...

[...]

To be honest I never even tried YK. That was just another DA not playing nice with the stuff I wanted it to do.
What kept me checking back every once in a while was to see if Acheron really stays a stagger/bleedout framework and if other authors start with consequence addons.
On paper a framework you can plugin just the stuff you want in your game instead of having to shoehorn SL Defeat & Submit & yadayada with competing scripts etc etc etc sounds better. Thus keeping an eye on it, not jumping straight in.

@Aylis A-pose

Spoiler

fantasy-female-character-2-a-pose-3d-model-obj-ztl.jpg.e01727c726c728d4adec3723cbc3abc1.jpg

Seems to be more likely to happen when there are multiple NPCs around, like in towns. Goes away when they begin their talking animations.

Also, a very minor problem I've noticed regarding the Dunmeri Outfits for Skyrim Dunmer: in Boethiah's quest, her old champion (that you must kill) is a Dunmer. This makes him wear Bonemold instead of the Ebony Mail that is necessary to complete the quest. The issue has been brought up on the mod page but still persists despite an update. It can probably be easily fixed through SSEEdit and can also be fixed through the console and doesn't have any negative effect on the quest (Boethiah's speech will play and the quest will be completed normally).

Thank you, Aylis, for this work you're doing. I'm getting back into Skyrim after a long hiatus with a fairly new kick-ass laptop, and (with all of the changes over the last 2 years) I'm a bit lost.  I'm going to follow your guide to the letter (and add a good bit of sexy, naughty LL content).

I'm very excited to return to Skyrim with these BEAUTIFUL high-res retextures and effects on a new big screen TV, not to mention all the amazing mods and updates!!  It is somewhat OVERwhelming, as I'm doing a full reinstall for AE, but I'm taking my time, reading all the documentation and posts, will be checking stability along the way, etc.  It could be literally weeks before I have a playable MO2 profile.

Thank you for your efforts, both past and ongoing.

P.S.: I don't want to neglect thanking everyone in this community; not just the posters on LL that do so much bug-checking, coding, and whatnot, but also the entire Skyrim modding community, everyone who's made tut vids, guides, etc.  After only 100 hours in Vanilla, I was bored with it. Mods are what brought me back and lead me to love this game. I've played ALOT of different (and different types) of games since my new laptop, and NONE have what Skyrim mods offer.  (There's a special place in my heart for the LL community and modders, though.  I've been a lurker since almost the beginning of Sexlab and LL, and I've seen a preponderance of support, appreciation, and lack of kink-shaming or trolling. Seriously, y'all are the best.)

Hmm, ok this seems a bit odd, but I am trying to use the add roads section using acmos, the previous sections worked fine and generated no errors, but when I run acmos it spits out it can not find some files from solsteim, problem is as far as I can tell they are there, screen shot included in the spoilers.

Spoiler

2023-08-05_19-12-54.thumb.png.b8b0ac76b0acd2d0e98ff69e38963b30.png

I have rerun the bits about solsteim, and did so with only that section using the correct settings, but well I am kind of stumped.  Anybody got any suggestions.

@wollboi

Ah, OK. I'll see what i can do about it.

I'll add a warning. Done

@Miss Tee

Two things:

1. Big pics belong in spoilers.

2. PNG are BIG. So converting them to a smaller format (like Jpeg) helps all with a slower internet connection.

Looking at the wall shows the same problem i had around Whiterun. Changing the setting (in the ini of the map mod) to 16 helped with that. I added that yesterday to the guide.

@blsrazor

Try this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30379?

So finished DynDOLOD after deactivating the 'Bashed Patch' (311).

Final round of tests before i can make the update official.

First run looks good (had to fix a minor texture problem).

Spoiler

Whiterun-Tundra.jpg.e76b50f59aed3c5e51fd8796dcf75dab.jpgWhiterun-Guard.jpg.a84a6382e57bfe88c5cfdb81f3473719.jpgWhiterun-ExteriorMarket01.jpg.bb0a709c6cd835d5e2d6446e4b45cc18.jpgWhiterun-ExteriorMarket02.jpg.e6247b7cc259c5b0035ec5743a476913.jpg

May have to make an externat thread for screenshots. The pic limit of 20 is really annoying...

Edited by Aylis
19 hours ago, billymandy said:

Thank you for this guide. It helped me set up skyrim with loverslab content. 
My only confusion is in regards to the Obody mod. 
I may be misreading this but the idea is that I add all the provided preset files in the guide and activate them to get the job done. 
However, I'm confused in how I'd then open up Obody and select bodytypes. 
I'm fairly new to Obody and from the MCM menu I could only see the option to enable Orefirt, randomized nipples and genitals, and the edit preset hotkey. 
From the Obody tutorial video, there seems to be a separate button intended to select the various bodies installed for this mod. Am I mistaken in some way?

Edit: Tinkered around such as creating a zeroed slider in studio but pressing the button O doesn't seem to do anything after booting up a new Player Character. I am fully aware I must have done something incredibly wrong but I'd really appreciate any advice on the matter. 

The config file for Obody takes all those bodyslide presets and distributes them to different races (several randomly per-race), you can create and add your own and you can also make specific ones for specific npc's by name in the config, as well as choosing or changing for specific NPC's as you meet them by pressing F10 as @Ashra XIII said. ?

I found the solution to many of my LOD issues was installing the clear sky's mod, the `uLockedTerrainLOD=16` existing somehow fixes things? this is all speculation. 

I also reduced texture size to keep VRAM utilization below swap disk levels.

In task manager dedicated GPU memory is VRAM (video card ram), you want the game to load in to this completely. If you load to many textures or data then it goes to the Shared GPU Memory (this is actually system ram) and it much slower to access and causes stutters. You can see when the video card accessed system ram by the usage of the **Copy** graph (copy data to ram from vram). I still have some small copy activity when I play but I have not seen any LOD issues in 10's of hours.

gpumemoryusage.png.5bb6a9827dd314080e56cf0441448406.png

@Aylis When you install `A Clear Map of Skyrim and Other Worlds` the option 1.2 LOD Setup, if you pick no LOD32 the `uLockedTerrainLOD` is set to 16 automatically. The Yes option sets `uLockedTerrainLOD` to 32.

I reinstalled a few times and checked the ini, this way no manual ini edits needed.

Edited by nightred
39 minutes ago, Aylis said:

@wollboi

Ah, OK. I'll see what i can do about it.

I'll add a warning.

@Miss Tee

Two things:

1. Big pics belong in spoilers.

2. PNG are BIG. So converting them to a smaller format (like Jpeg) helps all with a slower internet connection.

Looking at the wall shows the same problem i had around Whiterun. Changing the setting (in the ini of the map mod) to 16 helped with that. I added that yesterday to the guide.

@blsrazor

Try this one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30379?

So finished DynDOLOD after deactivating the 'Bashed Patch' (311).

Final round of tests before i can make the update official.

Thank you for the information about the screenies. I didn't know.  Also, the map ini change worked.  a few posts were flashing on the outskirts but that was all.  Now working on why my FPS dropped for 45 to 10-15 around Whiterun.  Always something.  I look forward to your update as always.

Darn! There's a big conflict between 'Lux Via' and 'Fortified Whiterun' when 'JK's Whiterun Outskirts' is added. The via patch for 'JK's Whiterun Outskirts' (which is needed otherwise there will be other issues) reworks the ramp to one of the towers too and causes flickering. I've been on it for hours now and changing the LO alone doesn't seem to do the trick. So we'd need a patch to get it to work.

I'll continue to work on it tomorrow and will also try to fix the water under the small bridge for the exterior market. Although i fear that this is caused by the via patch too.

But now i'm off to bed. Good night everyone and sweet dreams... sleepingg3i09.gif.e07e049e527fb16ce43d2fd68fb5ac0d.gif

Edited by Aylis
7 hours ago, Miss Tee said:

Thank you for the information about the screenies. I didn't know.  Also, the map ini change worked.  a few posts were flashing on the outskirts but that was all.  Now working on why my FPS dropped for 45 to 10-15 around Whiterun.  Always something.  I look forward to your update as always.

Yes I'm still getting some flashing textures in cities such as Whiterun and Windhelm, mostly on the stonework but sometimes in the wood planks. It's the same ol' LOD issue though... if I go inside and come back out (or use the LOD Unloader), the flashing textures are gone, but they still come back eventually.

Since it's only in those few places I've decided not to kill myself over it... at least for now. I suspect the next update to the mod list will be making some big changes to cities which may resolve the issue.

@Aylis Have you seen this mod Immersive Death Cycle? It adds progressively decomposing bodies of animals, this was a feature I really liked when I played Red Dead Redemption 2, I'm not sure how it will deal with animals texture changes and I don't think it covers people or other humanoids but as long as it doesn't bloat a save by keeping animals you killed for a while it's an addition I like the idea of?