how do make testing meshes easier?

is there any other way of testing a nif then having one of the potential problem causing items in in a cell, loading up the game then going to that cell and seeing if it crashes?

is there a script or something that could notice what issues in a nif could be causing the crash?

On 9/29/2022 at 2:07 AM, tolerance said:

is there any other way of testing a nif then having one of the potential problem causing items in in a cell, loading up the game then going to that cell and seeing if it crashes?

is there a script or something that could notice what issues in a nif could be causing the crash?

just make a mod, with a quest script, where you write for example (in the quest script)

scn aaaCOCtestKK

begin gamemode

if getgameloaded==1

coc TestKK

endif

end

its priority will be low - you will have to wait 2-7 seconds without doing anything, you will be transferred to the internal TestKK cell, I tested models of square strawberries and milk bottles there ...

((All that I wrote is from memory, nuances are possible))

But, obvious problems with meshes (which are not visible in the constructor). can only be with models with animation or with a symmetrical UV (when no highlights are visible on the line of the center of symmetry), otherwise a constructor is enough.

Edited by TDA
16 hours ago, TDA said:

symmetrical UV (when no highlights are visible on the line of the center of symmetry), otherwise a constructor is enough.

I select half of the uv, scale it's x or y to -100% and move it near as overlapping as possible, getting it close to mirroring,

what is this visible highlight on the center of symmetry, could it be added via nifskope?

4 hours ago, tolerance said:

I select half of the uv, scale it's x or y to -100% and move it near as overlapping as possible, getting it close to mirroring,

what is this visible highlight on the center of symmetry, could it be added via nifskope?

It's not visible in nifscope.

This is a rendering problem in Oblivion with a symmetrical UV scan, in Skyrim, for example, I have not observed this (with the same model)

examp

WD model in Oblivion

wdg.jpgwdg2.jpg

WDuv.jpg

============

Skyrim

w1.jpgw2.jpg

Edited by TDA