Vault 69 - Modder's Resource

Vault 69 - Modder's Resource

View File

Hey everybody!

Well long story short I made this vault almost four years ago and left it to fellow modder after I had quit the modding scene. And unfortunately, seems like this resource was never used for anything or shared with anyone.

At the time Fallout 4 adult modding was still very early in the works I thought this could help anyone interested in creating a Vault related sex, slavery or an economy mod. The vault is pretty large and offers enough space for a localized mini-games.

I took inspiration for TheKite's art work among a few others when designing the layout.

Vault Town
There is an outside town with a low-end auction shop, a hunter's lodge that could be a player house... or an event location if the player is captured!
There is a wall that could be used to place wanted posters, multiple small stores and an inn/stripper joint.

And of course the vault entrance that kind of acts as the reception/entrance area

Vault Interior

The vault interior is huge, there are multiple hallways, passages and rooms. Like reception, security, bathrooms and so on... there are major rooms though with specific intent but due to the lack of assets at the time I had to either go bare or get creative with some place holders.

There is a fighting arena for the player to fight something as NPCs watch and chear on. The vault also has an auction house, brothel, gambling den, multiple food courts, show rooms, high end show rooms and otherthings that I am not sure what they can be used for but you can imagine.

There is a neat thing about the auction house that behind the curtains there is a series of other areas... that basically show the heart of the vault. Residential areas, a research area for designing and training of slaves... even a cryo room for... idk body change mods? haha anyway there is a lot of room for whatever you need.

As I mentioned, I made the place big enough for a mini-game just inside the vault. Maybe a scenario where player is captured, trained as slave with odd-jobs within the vault until being sold off... or the player is one of the staff and does the training!

Important

The vault is fully navmeshed if I am not mistaken so putting in NPCs with behavior scripts should not be an issue but there are still many areas of improvement.

For example, some light needs to be added or corrected in some places, I never got the elevator to work or the vault doors... I kind of wanted them to be fully functional but... I guess it never worked out. I also have some assets like billboard signs, vault suits and vault name and numbers for Vault 69 but I didn't get a chance to add them to the game.

Use this as you will for your personal use and mods. If you want to collaborate on a mod then I am open but my modding days are long behind me... I can and will try to help where I can.

This mod requires all DLCs!

1 minute ago, Elllollos said:

this could be a great settlement both the vault and the town outside, i hope you add settlement support, i have a few ideas of a red light district with the help of the Human Resources mod

Yeah i'd definitly love to have that as a settlement, but i really hope someone use it to make a quest mod.  Really nice work, you put a lot of time and passion building this vault and it shows

3 hours ago, erynyes said:

Yeah i'd definitly love to have that as a settlement, but i really hope someone use it to make a quest mod.  Really nice work, you put a lot of time and passion building this vault and it shows

It would be very tempting if I didn't currently have my hands full with another project. Judging from the pics, it could easily be both  one or more settlements and a medium-size quest mod combined (some series of quests to get control of the settlement, but I can imagine other quest-oriented approaches to using the space as well).

For the mod I'm working on now, I've had ideas of adding some new worldspaces in the future, one of which would be the slaver-controlled ruins of Providence (which everyone just calls "The Plantation"). Basing it around a vault is an idea I hadn't considered, but this would certainly be a great resource if I did decide to go that route with it. I do really, really find building interiors to be painfully slow work.

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

It would be very tempting if I didn't currently have my hands full with another project. Judging from the pics, it could easily be both  one or more settlements and a medium-size quest mod combined (some series of quests to get control of the settlement, but I can imagine other quest-oriented approaches to using the space as well).

For the mod I'm working on now, I've had ideas of adding some new worldspaces in the future, one of which would be the slaver-controlled ruins of Providence (which everyone just calls "The Plantation"). Basing it around a vault is an idea I hadn't considered, but this would certainly be a great resource if I did decide to go that route with it. I do really, really find building interiors to be painfully slow work.

Maybe I am misunderstanding but I would say all the interiors are already prebuilt and ready to use. As I mentioned the biggest problems with this is some unfinished issues like elevators, vault gate and the placeholders I had to use that need to be replaced with more... relevant assets. I could probably help further with some interior design and adding more clutter and pretty up the space if I knew what was intended but sex furniture, animations and is something I can't help with ?

45 minutes ago, TwinCrows said:

This is a real nice resource, editing the old version and it's not like your photos. The Vault 69 - Beta.esp is empty for me so I can't edit it and MO2 is saying the files incomplete too, unsure maybe something went wrong with the upload?

Maybe you did not load in the required files?
I just pulled it up the creation kit and it seems to work fine for me... Let me know if the problem persists.
The mod is primarily some interiors and commonwealth locations. Check MassGravelAndSandExt location and let me know what you see.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 222100.jpg

6 hours ago, Grine said:

Maybe you did not load in the required files?
I just pulled it up the creation kit and it seems to work fine for me... Let me know if the problem persists.
The mod is primarily some interiors and commonwealth locations. Check MassGravelAndSandExt location and let me know what you see.

Screenshot 2022-09-25 222100.jpg

I only have the files you uploaded in the zip. Rn I'm unable to open the beta.esp in CK or FO4Edit. Although, I can open the ZVault 69 (old version).esp and that works. The vault is slightly different from the pics, missing things like the fighting arena, gambling den or some of the furniture. I'm guessing that's all in the The Vault 69 - Beta.esp, but currently the one uploaded is 0kb so can't do much with it. Screenshot926.thumb.png.02ee89fdb0db8adc936fef172357eaea.png

13 hours ago, Grine said:

Maybe I am misunderstanding but I would say all the interiors are already prebuilt and ready to use.

Yes, that's why I was saying it's tempting, you've already done all the hard work. Building stuff in the CK is painful and fiddly; making quests and writing Papyrus scripts are easy by comparison!

6 hours ago, TwinCrows said:

I only have the files you uploaded in the zip. Rn I'm unable to open the beta.esp in CK or FO4Edit. Although, I can open the ZVault 69 (old version).esp and that works. The vault is slightly different from the pics, missing things like the fighting arena, gambling den or some of the furniture. I'm guessing that's all in the The Vault 69 - Beta.esp, but currently the one uploaded is 0kb so can't do much with it. Screenshot926.thumb.png.02ee89fdb0db8adc936fef172357eaea.png

This is very bizarre haha, yeah it appears zero for me as well but it somehow works. Alright I have uploaded a new version which is a slightly older backup beofe this error appeared and this should have everything thats previewed here except that there is no connection between the door in the outside world to the vault interior itself... Thats the only thing I fixed before uploading this mod and somehow it seems i broke it further. So... yeah haha.

Give it another download and let me know if it works!

Dont use the other ESP file, its only purpose for me originally was to use it as a resource to make the main mod. That way if I ever broke anything it stayed localized in that esp.

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Yes, that's why I was saying it's tempting, you've already done all the hard work. Building stuff in the CK is painful and fiddly; making quests and writing Papyrus scripts are easy by comparison!

Haha I feel the exact opposite. Papyrus makes me want to curl up into a ball. 

Edited by Grine
5 hours ago, HomuraGremory said:

Which settlement does this mod replace, or where is it at in FO4 map? or does it only exist as a resource and not actually in any game places at the moment? 

This mod replaces the Mass Gravel and Sand location in the game. It is south east of Lexington, and to my knowledge it is a location in the game that is not used for any quest or event in any of the DLCs or main game so it made it ideal for messing around with. 

Edited by Grine
7 hours ago, Grine said:

This is very bizarre haha, yeah it appears zero for me as well but it somehow works. Alright I have uploaded a new version which is a slightly older backup beofe this error appeared and this should have everything thats previewed here except that there is no connection between the door in the outside world to the vault interior itself... Thats the only thing I fixed before uploading this mod and somehow it seems i broke it further. So... yeah haha.

Give it another download and let me know if it works!

Dont use the other ESP file, its only purpose for me originally was to use it as a resource to make the main mod. That way if I ever broke anything it stayed localized in that esp.

Works great now, thank you! Got it in the Creation Kit and FO4Edit and it works ingame. Sweet resource for real, I'll start looking into it now.

18 hours ago, Grine said:

This mod replaces the Mass Gravel and Sand location in the game. It is south east of Lexington, and to my knowledge it is a location in the game that is not used for any quest or event in any of the DLCs or main game so it made it ideal for messing around with. 

Thanks, look through the area, amazing work, so glad that you are sharing. cant seem to find the workbench outside and inside the vault to edit the area though, and the vault door is not working for my game, had to disable the vault door to get it haha

2 hours ago, HomuraGremory said:

Thanks, look through the area, amazing work, so glad that you are sharing. cant seem to find the workbench outside and inside the vault to edit the area though, and the vault door is not working for my game, had to disable the vault door to get it haha

Right, it's mentioned in the description that there's no workshop/settlement implemented and the vault door and elevator don't work.

For anyone wanting to incorporate this into a mod though, those problems are pretty simple to solve by following modern tutorials (but I'm sure they were arcane magic at the time these cells were first put together, not judging!).

1 hour ago, vaultbait said:

Right, it's mentioned in the description that there's no workshop/settlement implemented and the vault door and elevator don't work.

For anyone wanting to incorporate this into a mod though, those problems are pretty simple to solve by following modern tutorials (but I'm sure they were arcane magic at the time these cells were first put together, not judging!).

Yep exactly! And honestly I am operating with the knowledge of all those years ago.
I find the whole tedious task of putting things together relaxing and fun... what I hate is bug fixing and the more technical things of modding.

I kind of wanted to make the location even better but I got to juggle it between my hatred for bugs and whoever seriously adopting this and what they want.

Like for example I got some ideas, firstly its to merge the auction area with the main atrium.

I don't think this entire zone could be for player housing but some sections... definitely. like expanding some room area like one for regular customer or vault dweller and maybe a portion for the overseer section and their personal quarters, some sort of military section for some combat fun... idk maybe a spartan/warrior training area in addition to some underground farms for some... idk farming activities. And general redecoration that I think could be done better. Like the fighting area I could put in some benches like a stadium but have another area that is really VIP looking that has a separate entrance.

Screenshot 2022-09-27 113314.jpg

20 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Must have missed it, was just trying to provide feedback to see if anyone is interested in issues on this mod.

Also, i believe workbench does not work accross different instance in the map ( i think mod has exterior market, the main vault, research center and the resident area). Way too many "settlement" point for it to be an actual settlement.

Actually, this mod can replace vault 111, either as a alternate start mod into a disastrous world (like all the auction house, slavery and stuff), or a player-based slavery base where the sole surviror repurpose the starting area) 

Just throwing some suggestion out there!

4 hours ago, HomuraGremory said:

i believe workbench does not work accross different instance in the map

Right, you essentially need to make a separate workshop area for each place. There are ways to share the resources between them though, which you can see if you take apart how Beth hacked Vault 88 together. If all you want to do is make the exterior and interior spaces into settlements and link their workbench storage together, that's pretty easy.

This vault project sounds interesting to me - but I'm not a mod creator but "only" a mod user

but as a rule I do "my own thing" - i.e. I have my own "roll-play" for my player character and his companions

i am planning a new run using

and

The inhabitants of the new settlement are recruited from freed prisoners - but not as "normal" settlers but as "slaves"

I don't want to run a public brothel with them and I don't want to sell them at a market either

No - they should all be on the beds or in the pods of the "Dairy Framework"

because you can not only win blood or milk with it - but also raw materials and food

in my view perfect for an underground settlement with little space for hydroponics

this settlement could save me the tedious expansion of Vault 88 - especially since it probably also has prison cells and guards

"Human resources" only serves as a framework to transfer the freed prisoners into a "closer" employment relationship (i.e. no settler status).

why underground?

Has to do with the "roll-play" -> my player char is an escaping (biological) synth - but not a normal one, but a totally failed experiment of the institute for a sex bot - this has to act hidden because it doesn't flee but wants revenge in his own way

I also have a vampire mod "up my sleeve" - this vault can serve as my own blood bank - at least my 2 companions are also vampires in this mod

Spoiler

dieses Vault-Projekt klingt für mich interessant - uch bin aber kein Mod-Ersteller sondern "lediglich" Mod-Nutzer

aber als das mache ich da in der Regel "mein eigenes Ding" - d.h. ich habe für meinen Spieler-Char und seine Begleiter ein eigenes "roll-play"

ich plane einen neuen Durchlauf unter Verwendung von folgender Mods

Die Bewohner der neuen Sieldung werden aus befreiten Gefangenen rekrutiert - aber eben nicht als "normale" Sielder sondern als "Sklaven"

Ich möchte mit denen auch kein öffentliches Bordell betreiben und diese auch nicht auf einen Markt verkaufen

Nee - die sollen schön alle auf die Betten bzw. in die Pods vom "Dairy Framework"

denn damit kann man eben nicht nur Blut oder Milch gewinnen - sondern auch Rohstoffe und Nahrung

aus meiner Sicht perfekt für eine unterirdische Siedlung mit wenig Platz für eine Hydroponik

diese Siedlung könnte mir den mühsamen Ausbau von Vault 88 ersparen - zumal sie ja wohl auch Gefängniszellen nebst Bewachung vorhanden ist

"humane Ressourcen" dient nur als framework um die befreiten Gefangenen in ein "engeres" Beschäftigungsverhältnis (also kein Siedler-Status) zu überführen

warum unterirdisch?

Hat mit dem "roll-play" zu tun -> mein Spieler-Char ist ein entflohender (biologischer) Synth - aber kein normaler sondern ein total schief gelaufenes Experiment des Institutes für einen Sex-Bot - dieser muss versteckt aggieren da er nicht fliehen sondern sich auf seine eigene Art rächen will

Ausserdem habe ich noch einen Vampire-Mod "in der Hinterhand" - dieses Gewölbe kann mir als eigene Blutbank dienen - mindestens meiner 2 Begleiter sind in diesem Mod ebenfalls Vampire

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I've tried using the mod with the do not use version in the file as well as removed, however the mod doesn't seem to work when i start up the game its still the mass sand and gravel. I tried unzipping the mod as well but that didn't seem to work either. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...
On 9/29/2022 at 1:29 PM, Miauzi said:

This vault project sounds interesting to me - but I'm not a mod creator but "only" a mod user

but as a rule I do "my own thing" - i.e. I have my own "roll-play" for my player character and his companions

i am planning a new run using

and

The inhabitants of the new settlement are recruited from freed prisoners - but not as "normal" settlers but as "slaves"

I don't want to run a public brothel with them and I don't want to sell them at a market either

No - they should all be on the beds or in the pods of the "Dairy Framework"

because you can not only win blood or milk with it - but also raw materials and food

in my view perfect for an underground settlement with little space for hydroponics

this settlement could save me the tedious expansion of Vault 88 - especially since it probably also has prison cells and guards

"Human resources" only serves as a framework to transfer the freed prisoners into a "closer" employment relationship (i.e. no settler status).

why underground?

Has to do with the "roll-play" -> my player char is an escaping (biological) synth - but not a normal one, but a totally failed experiment of the institute for a sex bot - this has to act hidden because it doesn't flee but wants revenge in his own way

I also have a vampire mod "up my sleeve" - this vault can serve as my own blood bank - at least my 2 companions are also vampires in this mod

Reveal hidden contents

dieses Vault-Projekt klingt für mich interessant - uch bin aber kein Mod-Ersteller sondern "lediglich" Mod-Nutzer

aber als das mache ich da in der Regel "mein eigenes Ding" - d.h. ich habe für meinen Spieler-Char und seine Begleiter ein eigenes "roll-play"

ich plane einen neuen Durchlauf unter Verwendung von folgender Mods

Die Bewohner der neuen Sieldung werden aus befreiten Gefangenen rekrutiert - aber eben nicht als "normale" Sielder sondern als "Sklaven"

Ich möchte mit denen auch kein öffentliches Bordell betreiben und diese auch nicht auf einen Markt verkaufen

Nee - die sollen schön alle auf die Betten bzw. in die Pods vom "Dairy Framework"

denn damit kann man eben nicht nur Blut oder Milch gewinnen - sondern auch Rohstoffe und Nahrung

aus meiner Sicht perfekt für eine unterirdische Siedlung mit wenig Platz für eine Hydroponik

diese Siedlung könnte mir den mühsamen Ausbau von Vault 88 ersparen - zumal sie ja wohl auch Gefängniszellen nebst Bewachung vorhanden ist

"humane Ressourcen" dient nur als framework um die befreiten Gefangenen in ein "engeres" Beschäftigungsverhältnis (also kein Siedler-Status) zu überführen

warum unterirdisch?

Hat mit dem "roll-play" zu tun -> mein Spieler-Char ist ein entflohender (biologischer) Synth - aber kein normaler sondern ein total schief gelaufenes Experiment des Institutes für einen Sex-Bot - dieser muss versteckt aggieren da er nicht fliehen sondern sich auf seine eigene Art rächen will

Ausserdem habe ich noch einen Vampire-Mod "in der Hinterhand" - dieses Gewölbe kann mir als eigene Blutbank dienen - mindestens meiner 2 Begleiter sind in diesem Mod ebenfalls Vampire

How did you even get the "settlement" to work? Is there some extra mod besides these?