Soulstice

Here is my pak folder layout exactly as I have when I test these:

Soulstice_D6bviDReIF.png.8f3c050fd9919b6a95ad36cd0c1f47b6.png

Also, I have fixed the eye patch since it was more of an oversight than anything, and an easy fix.  I also updated the original if anyone new comes along.

Eyepatch_patch.zip

Lastly, here is what I meant earlier about the pauldron existing for this version but not showing at the beginning of the game:

Spoiler

image.png.75e86b63febd5bc35d1066b5021a2ea5.png

9 hours ago, supaidauen said:

My first question would definitely be what mods do you have in your pak folder because it may be a conflict? 

Also, as an aside the pauldron does show up after the prelude opener.  I just like to take caps at the opening of the game to avoid spoilers.

As for the eye patch, I think it is because of how the original w/o bandage skin is textured.  I only barely noticed tbh because the alternative was a gaping hole in her head where the eye would be and that was unacceptable.

I'll post my exact pak load screenshot when I get back to my computer to see if it helps.

I found the error, the Nude Sensible-02 file had a 1 at the end of the filename extension. it was called zKnight Nude Sensible-02_P.pak1. After removing the 1 it is now working as intended.

And the pauldron shows up just as you said, thanks again!

I see what is causing the problems with missing skin pieces as well as other body parts and such disappearing.  It appears to be due to something in the material for the skin or the material Id used by the developers in the engine.  I knew there was a way to solve for this and I will at least got it working for the prelude and first stage this afternoon because it has turned into a personal mission for me. 

For anyone wondering the initial problem is that I there are two nude materials in the original game and I chose the one that is assigned by default when exploring the assets in Unreal Explorer.  I am guessing there is some kind of post processing that causes it to flicker in and out or something so I tried the other one and it works.

The one other issue is that I had to add back the hood.  Because of the way the devs designed the hood/hair function only one can exist at a single time currently.  I have ideas on how to fix it but it will take some experimenting.

I will update my main pak zip but for those who have been following my progress here is the current single pak file.

zKnight Nude Sensible-02_P.pak

Spoiler

Soulstice_u15cjsCwD6.png.01dfce10d2a7b133d94d4d82d2349e5a.png

Also, sorry kartoffelbiene for the 1 at the end...  It appears I posted the zip with my working folder layout instead of the generic cooked assets.  I will make sure not to do that again.

10 hours ago, supaidauen said:

Well, I had a bit of an epiphany as to how to get rid of the hood and it worked!  These paks are completely incompatible with the other two nude sensible (except the texture paks which are included here as well).

Soulstice_Knight_nude-NoHood.zip 13.12 MB · 17 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

Soulstice_yJRsRReKPQ.png.ef668c72a3ca695989d218191acd4bcf.png

Thanks for your quick fixes! I don't want to be a bother but this version seems to have broken the hair for me. It has gray blocks at the end. But the single file with the hood that you sent seems to work fine as of now and I actually don't mind the hood around her neck.

On 1/9/2023 at 11:08 AM, kartoffelbiene said:

Thanks for your quick fixes! I don't want to be a bother but this version seems to have broken the hair for me. It has gray blocks at the end. But the single file with the hood that you sent seems to work fine as of now and I actually don't mind the hood around her neck.

21 hours ago, elarabloom said:

i prefer it with a hood, thanks

I think because of the way that the devs set up the shader for hair I may not be able to get rid of those blocks unfortunately.  I will give it another go while I am working on my own take on the default armor.

I am happy that you all like the hood as I thought it a decent enough compromise when I was fighting the material system set up by the soulstice devs.

On 1/10/2023 at 7:49 PM, supaidauen said:

I think because of the way that the devs set up the shader for hair I may not be able to get rid of those blocks unfortunately.  I will give it another go while I am working on my own take on the default armor.

I am happy that you all like the hood as I thought it a decent enough compromise when I was fighting the material system set up by the soulstice devs.

No problem! I finished the game with the hood version yesterday and it was working flawlessly (except for [SPOILER for close to the end] when Briar is in the ghost form, but it's only for a moment so totally fine).

• 5 months later...
On 1/9/2023 at 1:32 PM, supaidauen said:

Well, I had a bit of an epiphany as to how to get rid of the hood and it worked!  These paks are completely incompatible with the other two nude sensible (except the texture paks which are included here as well).

Soulstice_Knight_nude-NoHood.zip 13.12 MB · 230 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

I created a MOD on my own and found that the hair physics effects were missing. I would like to ask how you manage to preserve the original hair physics effects? I have encountered the same issue in other UE games as well.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

There was a mod back at release who let you toggle Hud,Bloom and fog but also strip Briar armor piece by piece to let you have your own skimpy combination with her leather outfit  by hitting F4 to F8 but for some reason the mod got deleted on Nexus , i still have the mod on my pc if anyone need it for modification,archive or else sadly for some reason only the armor toggles doesn't work anymore with the last game version

Screenshot2023-12-04195739.png.95c961965d497df2a35b75f0239471d9.png

On 1/9/2023 at 6:32 AM, supaidauen said:

Soulstice_Knight_nude-NoHood.zip 13.12 MB · 531 downloads

Reveal hidden contents

i put all the files in my folder, why is it not working correctly

Edited by ShrödingersCat
19 hours ago, ShrödingersCat said:

Screenshot2023-12-04195739.png.95c961965d497df2a35b75f0239471d9.png

i put all the files in my folder, why is it not working correctly

Did you create a ~mods folder?

Did you put it in the proper location? \Soulstice\Content\Paks\

If neither of those are true, that's why. If you did the above, a game update may have messed the mods up. In which case, you are kind of SOL until someone who knows how to mod the game updates the mods.

• 3 months later...
On 1/5/2023 at 12:06 AM, supaidauen said:

I made two mods.  One nude with the bits that were causing issues removed as well as a skimpier outfit.  I could make other variants if there is any uptick in interest.  Primarily I entered into this because I saw a need want and decided to fill fulfil it. 

I also noticed some back and forth regarding how this was accomplished which is what initially spurned my interest. 

So, if anyone wants to know how to do it or how I was able to figure it out I will gladly explain. 

Otherwise, have fun with this.

Nude Mod:

Skimpier Armor:

I know this is old but since it came on humble bundle....

The skimpier armor has an issue where the body is disspearing in the chapter 1.

Is there any possibilty of fixing it? (Or having the skimpier armor as an addon to the sensible1/2 body?

image.png.945c606a1acd38a1925890010ace7860.png

Edited by tigers
9 hours ago, tigers said:

I am having this issue as well :/

I also encountered some minor bugs such as character baldness in Chapter 1 and texture errors with character hair.

Currently, I'm not sure how to solve them either.

On 11/30/2023 at 11:37 AM, DoctorDementor said:

There was a mod back at release who let you toggle Hud,Bloom and fog but also strip Briar armor piece by piece to let you have your own skimpy combination with her leather outfit  by hitting F4 to F8 but for some reason the mod got deleted on Nexus , i still have the mod on my pc if anyone need it for modification,archive or else sadly for some reason only the armor toggles doesn't work anymore with the last game version

Where is it?

• 1 month later...