KSHair for Shout Like a Virgin SE

View File

This mod provides KS Hairdos for NPCs added by Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE.

This mod also applies several other fixes to NPC head meshes - a similar set of fixes as Vanilla NPCs SSE Ruhmastered by Ruhadre.

Requirements

This mod has only one requirement, Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE version 9.12 or later.

Please note that a CTD will occur with SLaVE 9.11 when entering the Temple of Dibella because SLaVE 9.11 is missing a facetint texture file that this mod requires.

This mod does not require KS Hairdos. This mod includes copies of all the textures from KS Hairdos that it uses.

It is strongly recommended, but not required, that you also install Nocturnal's Hood Keeps Hair to avoid characters appearing bald while wearing Nocturnal's hood.

Load Order Placement

This mod includes one ESL-flagged ESP file KSHairForVirginSE.esp, which should be listed in your load order after Shout Like a Virgin.esp.

Compatibility

This mod is designed for maximum compatibility with your load order and with other mods.

This mod includes an ESL-flagged ESP file, for minimal impact on your load order slots.

The ESP file is empty, meaning it contains zero records. The ESP file only serves to load the corresponding BSA file, and to indicate that this mod depends on Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE.

This mod is compatible with KS Hairdos, but does not require KS Hairdos. This mod includes copies of all the textures from KS Hairdos that it uses, packaged into a BSA file.

This mod is compatible with any texture replacers for KS Hairdos, such as Salt and Wind - Rough Hair for KS Hairdos SE. This mod uses the same texture file paths as KS Hairdos, so any mod that replaces textures for KS Hairdos will also affect this mod.

Credits

All credit for Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE belongs to its author VirginMarie.

This mod would not be possible without the amazing contributions of other mod authors to the community.

The following mods and tools were used in the construction of this mod, but are not required to use this mod. If you like this mod, please download these other mods and endorse them also, to let their authors know their work is appreciated.

Unofficial Skyrim Special Edition Patch
SUEMR SSE with Bijin AIO 2019 Support
Eyes AO Clipping Fix
ENB Brow Fix
Just Fangs From BVFE - Modder's Resource
Better Vampire Fangs and Eyes
Double Sided Vertex Human Mouth Fix SSE
KS Hairdos SSE
KS Hairdos Maine Normal Map Fix
KSHair FaceGen Export Rig - Modder's Resource
BSArch to create BSA files

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/28/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Shout Like a Virgin Evolved SE 9.12 or later
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

It's a minor thing but I'm noticing that Cassia is blonde without the hood but has black Nocturnal-like hair when she's got the hood.

Hi VirginMarie! Thanks for the feedback!

The behavior you are seeing is unexpected. I do not see that in my game. I provided screenshots for this mod that show Cassia with blonde hair while wearing the hood.

Are you using LE or SE? The NPC facegen meshes were generated for SE, and I suspect they probably won’t work properly on LE.

11 minutes ago, Herowynne said:

Hi VirginMarie! Thanks for the feedback!

The behavior you are seeing is unexpected. I do not see that in my game. I provided screenshots for this mod that show Cassia with blonde hair while wearing the hood.

Are you using LE or SE? The NPC facegen meshes were generated for SE, and I suspect they probably won’t work properly on LE.

SE. It's a new game started a few days ago, with no load order shenanigans. I've seen her a few times with the black hair under the hood, and so far, not like in your pics. So ya confusing how it could be so. I've not tried to figure it out.

This is Cassia right before she and I spent an innocent night together.

image.jpeg

And this is her when the innocence got even more innocent.

image.jpeg

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

@VirginMarie Here is what Cassia looks like in my game at the moment.

I am unsure why her hair appears black under the hood in your game. Maybe it is a lighting issue, such as the game engine's limit on 4 simultaneous light sources?

image.jpeg.f924c2f78eb7b504a261250fb934dbfc.jpeg

If you look at my pic, the hairstyle is different (same as Nocturnal's) too, it's not just the color.

Since it checks out for you fine, I'm going to say it's a case of corrupt save... the formID now pointing to the wrong form. I broke my own Golden Rule? Maybe. I'm really careful not to break the rule, but this is what corrupt saves do. To prove this, I'd have start a new game, and see if it happens... oh wait, I can think of a quick way to go see her, I shall try.

Edited by VirginMarie
  1. Started new game
  2. COC VirginHoldingCell  (you can see some of the NPCs there if the game just started new)
  3. Picture is the result

20221002094050_1.jpg

Only thing I can think of is that I've somehow broken what you've done. Can't be a corrupt save. But this an updated ESP for the coming next release. I changed nothing at all for actors... not touched them at all. Only thing I've done is updated some scripted properties which get baked into the esp. The esp has no added or deleted records even.

The release is coming out very soon. If you can't recreate it with the previous esp, maybe try once I've released.

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Picture is the result

That hood is not from my mod "Nocturnal's Hood Keeps Hair". That hood has the original shape of the vanilla Nocturnal's hood.

That hairstyle has a ponytail in front. That hairstyle is not the hairstyle given to Cassia by this mod, KSHair for Shout Like a Virgin.

I'm unsure what is occurring in your game, but that screenshot depicts meshes (hood and NPC facegen) that differ from what is provided by my mods.

1 hour ago, Herowynne said:

That hood is not from my mod "Nocturnal's Hood Keeps Hair". That hood has the original shape of the vanilla Nocturnal's hood.

That hairstyle has a ponytail in front. That hairstyle is not the hairstyle given to Cassia by this mod, KSHair for Shout Like a Virgin.

I'm unsure what is occurring in your game, but that screenshot depicts meshes (hood and NPC facegen) that differ from what is provided by my mods.

ok the mod conflict turns out to be BD's Armor and Clothes Replacer - CBBE 3BA (3BBB).   Sorry for the trouble, but at least we know about the conflict now.

3 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

ok the mod conflict turns out to be BD's Armor and Clothes Replacer - CBBE 3BA (3BBB).   Sorry for the trouble, but at least we know about the conflict now.

Mystery solved! Thanks for reporting the cause of the problem!

BD's Armor and Clothes Replacer - CBBE 3BA (3BBB) includes replacement meshes for Nocturnal's hood that actually include the hair with the hood mesh, and the included hairstyle has a ponytail in front. This will override the player's hairstyle or the NPC's hairstyle.

image.png.c24db612f1a31447ef2b3d8d25b58ab4.png

Edited by Herowynne