Room of Horrors - A small player home

Room of Horrors - A small player home

View File

A dark and claustrophobic themed player home complete with some contraptions from devious devices. Also has a side area with a view. 

NOW REQUIRES ASSET FILE FROM THIS:

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/75451/?tab=files

DD Plugin hosted here! only download this plugin if you use devious devices. 

Do not use both plugins together

NOTES:

I USED DD 5.0 I did not test the newer versions.

It should be safe to make it into an esl flagged esp if you want, but I'll let you decide if you want that or not. I'll personally still need it as an .esp to continue working on it if I choose to. If that happens Then I will probably go over the 2048 new records limit and an esl wont be possible then. So it's kind of useless for me.? 

This is a very simple mod that uses mostly vanilla assets and therefore will look much different depending on what mesh and texture replacers you use or don't use. This is mainly a play on lighting and I have no idea how it will look on other peoples setups. It does have functionality of a small player home though. 

There shouldn't be any incompatibilities unless you have a mod that that uses the same location for something. All I did in the Vanilla skyrim cell is add a trap door, map marker, a bloody skeleton, and finalized the navmesh so followers can come inside.

There are 2 small doors inside the "room of tranquility" they control if there is a bridge, a balcony, or nothing is in the room.

The room of tranquility is really only made for screenshots and has completely custom lighting. Same with the void room.

I cannot support LE edition and have no way of knowing if it is compatible or not as I don't have it installed and have no interest in that version. 

KNOWN ISSUES: 

The added devious device contraptions can bug out and followers you put in them can move around after you leave the cell. This may even break AI, I'm not sure. If you want to use this without breaking anything dismiss your follower and but them in the devices, then remove them from the devices before you leave the area.

DO NOT SAVE AND LOAD SAVE IN THE CELL WITH DEVICES IF SOMEONE IS IN ONE. In my testing this broke their AI every time and they started walking around with the device like it wasn't there.

If you fall into problems regarding the devices that is not something I can help you with. I simply placed the activators directly from devious devices.

Sometimes the weather fails to update going from cell to cell. If that occurs you just need to chance cells again. That's on the games end, not mine.

HELP ITS TOO DARK - No, adjsut your settings. I have the brightness exactly how I intended it to be with the settings I use.

HELP ITS TOO BRIGHT - No, adjsut your settings. I have the brightness exactly how I intended it to be with the settings I use.

If you experience anything unrelated to the things above, do let me know.

Located here: There is a small trap door to enter.

Spoiler

image.jpeg.26dfa772512b06833de299cca5cd6f2d.jpeg

Permissions: for 1.2 and lower Do anything you want with these, crediting me is nice, but not required. However make sure you read the devious device permission and credits if you use make changes to that version because you will need to follow that.

permission statement for 1.295 and newer below

CREDITS (copied from the devious device page)

Kimy and Min for the code.
Zadil, Koffii, Coopervane, Pincopallino, Feuertin, El Duderino, Heretical, and Colycon for all the awesome wearable devices.
Feuertin, T'ara, and ZaZ Chris for the furniture devices.
Feuertin, ZaZ Chris, Xaz, SpaceHamster and Billyy for the awesome animations.
KestrelSky, Caden, Wasps, Rydin, Veladarius, Kendo2 and Skullered for Devious Devices for Him.
Skullered for Beast Races Refit.
Cedec0 for the bound combat that is now a part of this mod.
Volfin for the gag sounds from GagSFX and the gagged voices code, which the implementation in DD is based on.
MaikCG for the alternative bound combat animations.
Kharos, DeWired, Lordescobar666, Aelie, Princessity and Srende for code contributions.
Tifa Lockheart for the awesome screenshots and the conversations! ❤️
VirginMarie, Kharos, Jbezorg, UrbanSniper, Ms Leeches, Aelie, Coopervane, Veladarius, Stobor, Pinute, Srende, KomradePavlov, Slorm, Skeuomorph, Aareyn, Zacko, KestrelSky, Naaitsab, MixedupJim, Mord Sif for beta-testing new releases.
LoversLab Forum Members for some great suggestions and putting this mod to good use.

Bethesda

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/38651/ Assets hosted on nexus include files from this. Even though none of the files are used on this page I still think it is proper to credit Elinen and Ztree and Vurt, SparrowPrince and Ga-Knomboe Boy.

screenshot credits:

Pi-cho ENB and azurite weather.

and probably an incomprehensible amount of texture replacers 

CHANGES:

Added a black void/asura crystal sphere room and fixed a couple small errors.

1.295 adds the alpha version of Aberath Lagoon

Roomofhorrorsvanilla.7z

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    08/10/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Devious devices
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Just now, Gukahn said:

On another note, does the drawn arrow supposed to look like a Dick or is it a happy little accident?  ?

I have no idea what you are talking about.?(kind of an old joke between me and friends that when one asks where the other is we send them a dick map)

3 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

Going to test it out when I can afford breaking the recent save :D

I made and bug tested it on an ongoing save, so yeah, I should probably reroll for like the 3rd time in 10 days?

9 minutes ago, yorpers said:

I made and bug tested it on an ongoing save, so yeah, I should probably reroll for like the 3rd time in 10 days?

yeah, not gonna risk it. My Savegames break when I just add a few Cloths alltho it might be cause they are ESL ? my game hates me adding ESL´s in ongoing saves.. Still the Chapters are so fine setup ? But your Location will probably end up somewhere.. Who doesn't need a BDSM Dungeon ?

10 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

But your Location will probably end up somewhere.. Who doesn't need a BDSM Dungeon ?

Make sure to bring a torch? a lot of it is pitch black and made for the atmospheric effect, the lighting in the dungeon area is mainly focused on gameplay. 

2 minutes ago, yorpers said:

Make sure to bring a torch? a lot of it is pitch black and made for the atmospheric effect, the lighting in the dungeon area is mainly focused on gameplay. 

Oh I have this here for something like that

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/53202

Throw a few Red crystals and glitch them into stuff or bodys = Instant Horror feeling ?

Alltho.. Real Torches could be better for this.. I do need to reinstall

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/17698

Anyways ?

44 minutes ago, unholyplague said:

just tried this mod on LE and 1.00 worked very well for me , only issue i had was the bondage pole faced the PC the wrong way.  The lighting is done really well,

Oh that's good to know it will fire up in LE. I don't have LE installed and have never bothered to see what the back-port process is. Thank you for the feedback on the lighting, I spent more time on that than actually making the rest of the mod?I do still have one flickering light I see from time to time though in the hallway up to the main room.

I'll check out that bondage pole and get it(and any other abnormalities anyone finds) sorted out in a day or 2, thanks for the report.

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, sickboy791 said:

this is a fine piece of art and fun to explore, just wanted to know wich Lightingh Template you use for the room of horrors, now i see it´s falmer medium, thanks

Thanks, The template may be falmer medium, but the image space is custom as are some values of the lighting template. I use very low light settings  (10, 10, 10) for ambient and (19, 23, 23) for directional. That way it is mostly candle light that makes things visible; depending on enb settings of course.  

• 5 weeks later...

Unsure if i'm missing part of the mod but every door that are suppose to transport somewhere (room of forest, tranquility and the other one) lead to a big nothingness. Basically it does load but its just a void.

Beside that the is a main room you can roam in and explore who lead to the door that lead nowhere but....i feel like there was supose to be something ? Im confuse. Also the picture doesnt really show the room, just a bunch of cute woman (which i dont complain but...they arent in the mod or again maybe but i dont see them)

On 8/10/2022 at 12:53 PM, yorpers said:

NOW REQUIRES ASSET FILE FROM THIS:

11 minutes ago, alexsl said:

Unsure if i'm missing part of the mod but every door that are suppose to transport somewhere (room of forest, tranquility and the other one) lead to a big nothingness. Basically it does load but its just a void.

Beside that the is a main room you can roam in and explore who lead to the door that lead nowhere but....i feel like there was supose to be something ? Im confuse. Also the picture doesnt really show the room, just a bunch of cute woman (which i dont complain but...they arent in the mod or again maybe but i dont see them)

you very likely did not download the required asset file.?

if you absolutely did then we can discus further because any bugs that persist I would like to figure out what is wrong. Everything works for me, and the people that have tested it so far. If something is wrong for you then that is something I would be very interested in. 

Also the women are simply for screenshots and not part of the mod at all.

6 hours ago, yorpers said:

you very likely did not download the required asset file.?

if you absolutely did then we can discus further because any bugs that persist I would like to figure out what is wrong. Everything works for me, and the people that have tested it so far. If something is wrong for you then that is something I would be very interested in. 

Also the women are simply for screenshots and not part of the mod at all.

Ok but see I did thats the thing so i dont know what to tell you. I came across several chest or knapsack which were all empty but maybe its ment to be so im not complaining for that. Also i found one device which i think is only for decoration since i cant interact with it. Its a devious strectcher.

image.thumb.png.660e8259b57322760888c276a0af31f4.png

5 hours ago, alexsl said:

I came across several chest or knapsack which were all empty but maybe its ment to be so im not complaining for that.

those are jsut meant for storage.

5 hours ago, alexsl said:

Also i found one device which i think is only for decoration since i cant interact with it. Its a devious strectcher.

yes that was the vanilla game's torture rack. You can find it in a few places in the base game such as the dawnguard's HQ.

As far as the rooms that are empty voids, they are meant to be empty but only one is meant to be a void. They should have weather happening inside and some statics placed so you can use it for thematic screenshots. They are purely meant for that purpose because they can create very cool effects with certain enb settings like different LUTs and DoF. They arent intended for any kind of gameplay beyond that and I really probably should have made them a separate mod. The reason they were part of this is because the light sources I made for the rest of the mod worked well in them too; and I was lazy and didn't bother making an addon mod to incorporate them. They work as intended for me and the person that has been helping me test the mod.? Are you not getting any kind of weather in the rooms like rain?

Oh I am aware of the flying salmon in the room of the void too incase you happen upon that oddity. I was testing something wit that mesh and forgot to remove it. 

• 9 months later...