Is mouth movement with Armor Addons possible?

When I create an Armor Addon for either the Head or Mouth areas, the lips of the mouth never moves.

I've managed to use the awesome Outfit Studio to Load Reference of many other body areas for mods but when I do the mouth, the custom model never animates with the player.

In BodyStudio, the weights copied for face areas never seem to animate in game.

Trying to finish a "bubbly and stringy" mouth spit mod. (Don't want to use overlay with textures)

As the attached images show, the spit is not not opening up with the character's mouth...

Is there any information on allowing custom mouth addons to animate with lips?

20220728120136_1.jpg

20220728135151_1.jpg

Screenshot 2022-07-29 021645.jpg

22 hours ago, TabbyCatNinja said:

When I create an Armor Addon for either the Head or Mouth areas, the lips of the mouth never moves.

I've managed to use the awesome Outfit Studio to Load Reference of many other body areas for mods but when I do the mouth, the custom model never animates with the player.

In BodyStudio, the weights copied for face areas never seem to animate in game.

Trying to finish a "bubbly and stringy" mouth spit mod. (Don't want to use overlay with textures)

As the attached images show, the spit is not not opening up with the character's mouth...

Is there any information on allowing custom mouth addons to animate with lips?

It must take one of headpart slot not armor, check how that was made

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/170029-facials/

Edited by Indarello
4 hours ago, TabbyCatNinja said:

@Indarello That is some amazing messy face work. I'm gonna look into this to see what I have to reevaluate in my process. 

Having worked on the facials stuff for some time now (I promise it isn't vaporware!), I'll add that there are limitations to the headparts method.  Namely that you can't add headparts to any NPC with pregenerated facegeom... which means nearly every vanilla NPC.  It's the same reason you can't change most NPCs faces via Looksmenu.  The main solution is to open the actor record in CK and check the box for "Is CharGen Face Preset".  This flag does not, in fact, do what it says, but rather tells the engine not to use facegen on that NPC.  As you can imagine, unfortunately, overwriting every vanilla NPC record isn't a realistic solution, not to mention the additional strain it'd put on the engine to generate every face on the fly.

Additionally, if you manage to apply new headparts to a templated NPC (settlers, random raiders, etc), the headparts will show up on all NPCs that use the same face.

On the flipside, the facial headparts look amazing on the player and modded NPCs.  I wish I could say I have an elegant solution to share.  Or rather, I have a couple ideas, but they require an F4SE plugin that I'd have to beg someone else to write.