Fertility's Menstruation Effects

View File

It adds extra effects like dripping blood, reduced speech and NPC comments to the fertility mode's menstruation cycle. 

To stop the bleeding sanitary napkins requires which can be crafted at a tanning rack with linen wraps or may be found in shops.

They will automatically remove from your inventory and used when needed.

By default, a new one is needed every four hours but it can be changed from the MCM menu or by changing this global variable:

zzzmrt_HoursToExpireSanitaryNapkin

NPC comments can be disabled from the MCM menu or by changing these global variables: 

zzzmrt_DrippingBloodCommentsToggle

zzzmrt_DrippingBloodHelpfulCommentsToggle

Also setting "Menstruation cycle buff/debuffs" to 0% on fertility's MCM menu will disable all effects.

Requirements:

Fertility Mode

Fertility Mode v3 Fixes and Tweaks

Only models and textures from:  Dripping When Aroused

Github

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    07/20/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Fertility Mode | Fertility Mode v3 Fixes and Tweaks | Models and textures from Dripping when aroused
  • Regular Edition Compatible

2 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

The only mod I'd be curious about if it conflicts would be the Fertility Mode+ Immersive Effects mod here on LoversLab. Otherwise this is perfect, as I never go without the DW mod.

I checked that mod. There is no conflict unless menstruation effects are added to it which makes this mod redundant.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
7 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Since the issue only began after installing this mod I'm assuming it's the culprit. My male character has people, usually Braith in Whiterun, commenting something to the effect, "Is that blood? Are you wounded?". Doesn't seem like that should be happening.

There's part of the problem. This mod only effects the PC, so if you're playing a male you're going to get that issue.

15 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

There's part of the problem. This mod only effects the PC, so if you're playing a male you're going to get that issue.

That makes no sense. Males never ovulate, don't have uteruses, and so can never menstruate, so why would I get that "issue" when playing a male?

No, the problem is that this mod is overly broad in when and who it targets. Given that it is called "Fertility's Menstruation Effects" the only time it should trigger is when a female PC is having her "period", i.e. menstruating; and only during that time.

In another playthrough, my female character, who shown in Fertility Mode to be in her pre-fertile period, i.e. after her "period", had the same thing happen.

2 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

That makes no sense. Males never ovulate, don't have uteruses, and so can never menstruate, so why would I get that "issue" when playing a male?

No, the problem is that this mod is overly broad in when and who it targets. Given that it is called "Fertility's Menstruation Effects" the only time it should trigger is when a female PC is having her "period", i.e. menstruating; and only during that time.

In another playthrough, my female character, who shown in Fertility Mode to be in her pre-fertile period, i.e. after her "period", had the same thing happen.

It only targets your character. It doesn't target npcs. It was made for people who play female PCs. It will effect a Male PC, so it's better to disable it when you intend to play as a male and only enable it when you play as female. 

Edited by Jgoftl
9 hours ago, Jgoftl said:

It only targets your character. It doesn't target npcs. It was made for people who play female PCs. It will effect a Male PC, so it's better to disable it when you intend to play as a male and only enable it when you play as female. 

Yes, I know all that. My point is that the author needs to target the effects to someone of the appropriate sex during the specific times it would be relevant. Even disabling it when playing as a male doesn't fix the issue with a female PC, not during her period, getting the comments as if she were.

And I don't believe I ever said that NPCs were, or should be, affected. Please re-read my original post.

4 hours ago, KentuckyExpat said:

Yes, I know all that. My point is that the author needs to target the effects to someone of the appropriate sex during the specific times it would be relevant. Even disabling it when playing as a male doesn't fix the issue with a female PC, not during her period, getting the comments as if she were.

And I don't believe I ever said that NPCs were, or should be, affected. Please re-read my original post.

I was just trying to be helpful, no need to be snarky. If I misread something, that's my bad. Though after reading your second comment, I agree that the timing needs to be better as I recall it happen even when my female PC was ovulating.

• 2 weeks later...

This may need an update? I don't get any effects.

Also like others have suggested, perhaps the effects of this mod should only take effect after certain points in time. 

Above was proven false after I continued playing. That being said, I will continue and see if anything does happen that shouldn't.

That being said, a bug that still does occur is that children will comment on blood, regardless of your point in the cycle. 

On another note, this mod could use a voice pack. If it were easy I'd do it myself. 

Edited by The Lonesome Spirit
On 12/27/2022 at 12:06 AM, cheesemonster said:

I quite like this mod, but I couldn't stand the dialogue/grammar, and as such I made a dialogue edit for the mod. Enjoy.

Fertility Mode - Menstrual Effects - Text Fixes & Edits.esp 12.75 kB · 51 downloads

I hope you don't mind, but I made slight tweaks to your tweaks. 

Made a few of the comments a little more derogatory, but for the most part they are the same. 

Fertility Mode - Menstrual Effects - Text Fixes & Edits.esp