WickedWhims v170f - Game loads into world and WW errors pop up constantly w/o end.

Hello All,

Everything was working perfectly fine in my Sims 4 install until about a week-ish ago. This was with all mods, cc, and everything. I have been troubleshooting this in depth and I have a couple problems but the BASE/root problem right now is that even if I have nothing but the WW mod and the Resource.cfg file in Mods folder and nothing else (screenshot below) it still doesn't work. I can load to the main menu, load either a saved file OR even just create a new game. Either way, once I load into the game world itself, WW just constantly spams errors. At first I figured that it was other Mods/CC but I having nothing else in my mods folder other then the most recent version of WW... Can anyone help me please?

Things tried
- I deleted the cache folder in Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

- Deleted the localthumbcache.package in Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
- Deleted the Resource.cfg file in Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods to see if that would make a difference.
- Tried re-downloading and reinstalling (first fully removing the WW mod folder) WW v170f.

Copy of the WW Exception text file uploaded.

WW Problem01.PNG

WW Problem02.PNG

WickedWhims_v170f_Exception.txt

Edited by ceaker101
17 hours ago, ceaker101 said:

Hello All,

Everything was working perfectly fine in my Sims 4 install until about a week-ish ago. This was with all mods, cc, and everything. I have been troubleshooting this in depth and I have a couple problems but the BASE/root problem right now is that even if I have nothing but the WW mod and the Resource.cfg file in Mods folder and nothing else (screenshot below) it still doesn't work. I can load to the main menu, load either a saved file OR even just create a new game. Either way, once I load into the game world itself, WW just constantly spams errors. At first I figured that it was other Mods/CC but I having nothing else in my mods folder other then the most recent version of WW... Can anyone help me please?

Things tried
- I deleted the cache folder in Electronic Arts\The Sims 4

- Deleted the localthumbcache.package in Electronic Arts\The Sims 4
- Deleted the Resource.cfg file in Electronic Arts\The Sims 4\Mods to see if that would make a difference.
- Tried re-downloading and reinstalling (first fully removing the WW mod folder) WW v170f.

Copy of the WW Exception text file uploaded.

WW Problem01.PNG

WW Problem02.PNG

WickedWhims_v170f_Exception.txt 529.95 kB · 1 download

According to your error report you still have Sims 4 Community Library & MCCC installed.

So unless they are inside your WickedWhimsMod folder then you might have another Mods folder in a different location.

Like maybe installed with the games installation location.

Look in your Sims 4 folder for the WickedWhimsInfoLog.log file and open it.

It should list all your Installed Mods and Possible Duplicates.

Just have to hunt them down and move them into the proper location.

It's likely they need to be updated anyway as something is causing the errors. 

You freakin genius you. hehe I never thought to look outside of the mods folder. I looked in my saves folder and there were 4 folders in there with random mod saved/preferences files within them. Obviously automatically generated by previous mods and iterations of WW that I had installed before. That was what was causing the conflict. I deleted them all (nt my save files of course) and everything loaded up normally. Thank you so much for putting me on the right mental train of thought. Awesome @Scorpio

image.png

8 hours ago, ceaker101 said:

You freakin genius you. hehe I never thought to look outside of the mods folder. I looked in my saves folder and there were 4 folders in there with random mod saved/preferences files within them. Obviously automatically generated by previous mods and iterations of WW that I had installed before. That was what was causing the conflict. I deleted them all (nt my save files of course) and everything loaded up normally. Thank you so much for putting me on the right mental train of thought. Awesome @Scorpio

image.png

You have the Fallen mod?.....I'd delete that asap.

20 hours ago, procian said:

You have the Fallen mod?.....I'd delete that asap.

Oh, it's gone already. Aside from the errors, that's one of the reasons why I was trying to get back to a normal "just WW' setup. It was part of a big download zip and it gave me like.... everything under the sun. So I bought the game legit and was trying to make it work with just WW but had leftovers still in the saves folder which I didn't realize. Thank you again @Scorpio! Not having all those additional mods? The game loads crazy quick now again too, so that's a huge plus. Appreciated all!