The Ancient Profession (LE port) 2023-11-14

1 hour ago, killer905 said:

At what point does this occur? At the moment it looks like the file is missing
SKSE\Plugins\The Ancient Profession\suppressable tags.json

@ruddycray Can give more details or correct me if I am wrong.

That message is about that file, but on LE you'll get it if you don't download PapyrusUtil separately because there's a function missing from the one included in SexLab that TAP uses to load that file.

I'll try to remember to update the message to say something about it in case LE players miss that in the requirements list.

Also it may be a good idea to hit a little harder in your description that you absolutely have to download the standalone one.

Edited by ruddycray
3 hours ago, ruddycray said:

That message is about that file, but on LE you'll get it if you don't download PapyrusUtil separately because there's a function missing from the one included in SexLab that TAP uses to load that file.

I'll try to remember to update the message to say something about it in case LE players miss that in the requirements list.

Also it may be a good idea to hit a little harder in your description that you absolutely have to download the standalone one.

Thanks for clarifying ❤️

In my case I have signed PapyrusUtil as "Hard Requirements"

15 minutes ago, killer905 said:

Thanks for clarifying ❤️

In my case I have signed PapyrusUtil as "Hard Requirements"

I see that you have it under there, but I think it's easy to look at that and not understand that the PapyrusUtil that comes with SexLab LE isn't good enough.

To be honest, I would probably put something like this on there:

You MUST install the standalone version of PapyrusUtil. The version that is bundled with SexLab won't work.

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, serjphoenix said:

you did the conversion "Script de conversion xEdit SSE vers LE" in
TES5Edit? Perhaps this solves the problems of the le version

??

What problems? I don't use this script, only Creation Kit LE.

26 minutes ago, serjphoenix said:

after I did this, some problems disappeared, that's why I asked

As of now, you "did not" state what the problems were. I don't read from fus, but without stating what the problems are or have been it will simply NOT be corrected.

22 minutes ago, killer905 said:

As of now, you "did not" state what the problems were. I don't read from fus, but without stating what the problems are or have been it will simply NOT be corrected.

I had problems in winterhold, the quest just didn't go any further, after the conversion I progressed through the quest, I didn't check the rest

15 minutes ago, serjphoenix said:

I had problems in winterhold, the quest just didn't go any further, after the conversion I progressed through the quest, I didn't check the rest

Here I will surprise you that I did not have a problem in Winterhold or with any other quest in TAP (As they were they were fixed and worked properly) This means that I would look for a problem in your Modlist or the script itself was not run properly.

Edited by killer905
  • 1 month later...

Couple of issues with the benjen questline.

Political favor quest is not progressing, after reaching the part where it tells me to "Meet gisli in her room at around 10pm", not only does gisli not return to her room from her usual vanilla routine until about 12am, neither she nor anyone else involved in the quest have anything further to say, and I cannot progress the quest any farther.

The "tasting" special job is broken, after going to the tasting room to carry out the instructed job, no one has any dialogue that progresses the job.

I tried leaving the brothel which fails the quest, I thought I could do that to reset everything and start afresh but no... benjen just chastises me for leaving, then tells me to carry on with the same job.

Upon going back to the tasting room, the girls now are headless and T-posing and benjen who tells me to meet him down there, just stands in his usual spot, refusing to "meet me down there" like he asked lol...

There is no way to cancel this once started, meaning I can no longer do anything with benjens questline, it's just broken now. 😑

Regarding the "Extra special jobs", visiting the vampires den... I don't know if this is intended or not, but there doesn't seem to be a way to complete the job successfully without resulting in the Player Character dying, resulting in a reload, or if one has a defeat mod active like "Naked Defeat", waking up outside the den in a defeat scene, which gets confused and locks the controls, disallowing me from moving or turning the camera until I reload a previous save.

The "Cleaning the cage" job seems to work fine however.

There appears to be a few brothels around added by the mod, and I haven't had the chance to try them all yet, but benjen won't even allow me any way to stop working for him... a thematic choice I understand, but as a failsafe, there really should be a way to stop working for him, in the event that stuff like the above happens, as now I'm literally gonna have to start a new game or uninstall the mod/reinstall it in order to carry on with other things.

It's a shame cos I really like the idea of the mod, there just seems to be a lot of weird bugs that I can't get around at the moment.

9 hours ago, AnonAngelion said:

Couple of issues with the benjen questline.

Political favor quest is not progressing, after reaching the part where it tells me to "Meet gisli in her room at around 10pm", not only does gisli not return to her room from her usual vanilla routine until about 12am, neither she nor anyone else involved in the quest have anything further to say, and I cannot progress the quest any farther.

The "tasting" special job is broken, after going to the tasting room to carry out the instructed job, no one has any dialogue that progresses the job.

I tried leaving the brothel which fails the quest, I thought I could do that to reset everything and start afresh but no... benjen just chastises me for leaving, then tells me to carry on with the same job.

Upon going back to the tasting room, the girls now are headless and T-posing and benjen who tells me to meet him down there, just stands in his usual spot, refusing to "meet me down there" like he asked lol...

There is no way to cancel this once started, meaning I can no longer do anything with benjens questline, it's just broken now. 😑

Regarding the "Extra special jobs", visiting the vampires den... I don't know if this is intended or not, but there doesn't seem to be a way to complete the job successfully without resulting in the Player Character dying, resulting in a reload, or if one has a defeat mod active like "Naked Defeat", waking up outside the den in a defeat scene, which gets confused and locks the controls, disallowing me from moving or turning the camera until I reload a previous save.

The "Cleaning the cage" job seems to work fine however.

There appears to be a few brothels around added by the mod, and I haven't had the chance to try them all yet, but benjen won't even allow me any way to stop working for him... a thematic choice I understand, but as a failsafe, there really should be a way to stop working for him, in the event that stuff like the above happens, as now I'm literally gonna have to start a new game or uninstall the mod/reinstall it in order to carry on with other things.

It's a shame cos I really like the idea of the mod, there just seems to be a lot of weird bugs that I can't get around at the moment.

The best way to report bugs/problems is to write about them in the SE thread of this mod. I don't know if the original author is looking at this thread, but some of the LE port version issues are present on SE/AE too.

4 hours ago, killer905 said:

The best way to report bugs/problems is to write about them in the SE thread of this mod. I don't know if the original author is looking at this thread, but some of the LE port version issues are present on SE/AE too.

I do follow this thread

19 hours ago, killer905 said:

14 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I do follow this thread

Thank you both for your support on this mod.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/20/2024 at 2:19 AM, killer905 said:

Sadly no, but Markarth need its own brothel? <think>

Yes it does, because there is no other. 

Maria eden had some brothels long ago, but no markath.

Why the other cities and no Markath ? it will be a copy of silverblood inn like the others. 

1 hour ago, shiagwen said:

Yes it does, because there is no other. 

Maria eden had some brothels long ago, but no markath.

Why the other cities and no Markath ? it will be a copy of silverblood inn like the others. 

It is to ask the creator @ruddycray why there is no brothel for Markarth.

No reason other than it takes time to make them, and I've had higher priorities.

Although I usually copy a cell to save time and to more or less match the exterior, I still have to decorate the interior to be a brothel and create all the new NPCs. It's not extremely hard work, but it's not a quick five minute job either.