Amputee Body Sliders for CBBE

View File

Fully customizable CBBE body replacer with custom sliders for each limb individually!

Features & Usage

Firstly, this is a strictly cosmetic mod and only for the naked body. 

I included a body replacer option as well as 5 "Outfits" that you can put on yourself or NPCs. That way you can have multiple characters in a scene with different amputations, or quickly swap them as makeshift presets while in game (as they need to be prepared ahead of time). 

Unlike feet, the hands are not part of the body in FO4, so I included 3 sets of "gloves" that hide the left hand, the right or both.

The way to customize it is through BodySlide tool for CBBE:

After you install BodySlide and OutfitStudio, open BodySlide and choose body replacer (CBBE Body Amputee Sliders) or one of the outfits (CBBE Body Amputee Sliders Outfit1-5) and there you should customize the amputee sliders as well as the vanilla CBBE sliders to your preference. Use the preview button, check the "build body morphs" checkbox and then hit "build" when satisfied.

Some notes on the sliders:
-Unless the slider has an _Adjust postfix, you should always set it to 100%

-If there are two zap sliders (the ones that use a checkbox) with the same name and one has _Invert postfix, then they should always have the opposite values.

-Vanilla CBBE sliders that adjust the body proportions will all work fine, but in some cases you might see some weirdness around the stumps.

-Sex mods like AAF should work fine (as long as you pick poses that make sense) but I haven't tested it and you might need to install an addon that prevents characters from taking off all of their clothes for sex.

Required & Recommended mods

Required:
-CBBE https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15
-BodySlide and Outfit studio https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25

Recommended:

Dave's Poses https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/16800
Pip-pad or something else to hide the pip-boy https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/21953

Useful Console commands

amputee item names: aHandL, aHandR, aHands, aOutfit1-5

help aOutfit1 4
player.placeatme XXXXXXX

(making NPC wear an outfit)

Openactorcontainer 1

inv

equipitem XXXXXXX

also check out the commands on dave's poses page

Notes and issues

I am not a modder, I was just fucking around in outfit studio because nobody made a decent amputee mod for this game yet and decided to actually publish it for others. As such its extremely basic and a bit awkward to use, but it took me hours just to add a few outfits into the game using FO4edit and I am still paranoid if I did it right.

If I had actual scripting knowledge, I think it should be totally possible to dynamically change amputations while in-game and I even got the LooksMenu to work with the sliders, but the issue is that its heavily reliant on bodyslide Zaps which to the best of my knowledge can't be toggled while the game is running. The game has functionality to do this however, as can be seen with the dismemberment system, but I dont know how to access it.

It also doesnt work with any actual clothing in the game as the way its implemented I would have to change every piece of clothing manually, but even then it wouldn't include any outfits from mods. If you have any knowledge of outfit studio, it shouldn't take longer than 5 minutes to add the sliders to the outfit you want.

In general, there's a lot more that could be done like gameplay effects, or animations, or prosthetics, kinda like the amputator framework for skyrim but I am not gonna be the one to make it. If you are knowledgable and willing to implement something like that, feel free to use this as a base!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    06/29/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/15 https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/25

Edited by AAaAaaAAAaaAb

Hello. Great to see developments in this area. Keep up the good work!

As a Fusion Girl (Morph+) user, I can't try out this mod. FG is better for sex mods, but I understand if all your mod investment is in CBBE. 

I wonder is your mod can be easily converted to FG. I might load it into Outfit Studio and change the base body and see if I can make it work. 

39 minutes ago, bingbangwillypong said:

ah ok I figured it out, you need to "build" all the gloves in bodyslide from the drop down then you can use help aHandL 4 to find the code to use in the player.placeatme command. looks like the forearm is still visable in first person though.

The gloves are in the bodyslide menu because I didnt bother removing them, but it's supposed to work out the box, I'll make an update.

Also the mod doesnt do anything about the first person model, but I am actually using the tactical tablet mod, not pip pad, the forearms are almost entirely out of frame when you equip the gloves and I didnt notice.

Edit: I checked the files again, looks good, I think maybe you just didn't understand how to use the help command and spawn it? And building them in BS was unnecessary, but someone else, please give me feedback on that.

Edited by AAaAaaAAAaaAb
9 hours ago, kziitd said:

Well done!

Similar content is also available in a new framework that has not yet been released.

Maybe someone who wants to convert to CBBE in the future can start with your resources.

1234567.png

When is this framework going to be available? I must have it and whatever mod implements it. 

2 hours ago, bingbangwillypong said:

ah ok I figured it out, you need to "build" all the gloves in bodyslide from the drop down then you can use help aHandL 4 to find the code to use in the player.placeatme command. looks like the forearm is still visable in first person though.

yeah probably this is my first time messing around with this kinda mod, I want to try and do a one handed playthough of the game just using one handed weapons and such, I can probably edit the 1st person view models in OutfitStudio right?

wow it actually worked, quickly edited the outfit and first person viewmodels in Outfit studio, just saved over the original files which unfortunately edited all the other characters wearing this outfit, probably should've made it a new outfit and spawned it but ah well it works, great job on the mod. time to start rollplaying as the one-armed psychic reloader.

Fallout4_2022-06-30_00-15-00.jpg

6 hours ago, acturia said:

When is this framework going to be available? I must have it and whatever mod implements it. 

I don't know. I just finished the asset part, and the script part is in the charge of  EgoBallistic.

He is very busy. Besides real life, there are more mod updates of his own.

Mod here is also very good, it provides more residual changes for amputation.

On 6/29/2022 at 7:34 AM, kziitd said:

Well done!

Similar content is also available in a new framework that has not yet been released.

Maybe someone who wants to convert to CBBE in the future can start with your resources.

1234567.png

Looks amazing! Can't wait for this to become available.

10 hours ago, command88+ said:

i can't get my npcs to wear the outfits. I used equipitem directlyand  placed the outfit in the inventory and selected " equip". both didn't work

That's odd, I tested it on my end and it works fine, sometimes they may not update right away and you need to enter another area or try using unequipall on the NPC. In either case the mod has no scripts or or anything that could possibly affect it, its just like putting any other outfit on an npc.

21 hours ago, AAaAaaAAAaaAb said:

That's odd, I tested it on my end and it works fine, sometimes they may not update right away and you need to enter another area or try using unequipall on the NPC. In either case the mod has no scripts or or anything that could possibly affect it, its just like putting any other outfit on an npc.

IT was my fault more or less. for whatever reason bodyslide decided to change the location of the files. once i selected the right directory it worked again.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 7/31/2022 at 5:52 AM, shunter said:

Works well so long as you're standing still doing nothing else, but as soon as you try to move, pose, or use AAF, you can see the 'tentacle limbs' where your character's limbs are supposed to go, and it looks really weird.

you probably need to use ZAPs in bodyslide. The actual sliders move vertices to create the shape of the stump and then ZAPs hide the extra vertices that probably create the tentacle limbs you mention.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

An interesting Mod and it will be very well combined with Live Dismemberment, and maybe even unite especially the part with the amputation logic. As in the Live Dismemberment mod, the amputated parts are no longer part of the main body and the combat amputation sounds logical but unfortunately it is buggy. (Sorry, using machine translation)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
On 6/29/2022 at 2:41 PM, AAaAaaAAAaaAb said:

The gloves are in the bodyslide menu because I didnt bother removing them, but it's supposed to work out the box, I'll make an update.

Also the mod doesnt do anything about the first person model, but I am actually using the tactical tablet mod, not pip pad, the forearms are almost entirely out of frame when you equip the gloves and I didnt notice.

Edit: I checked the files again, looks good, I think maybe you just didn't understand how to use the help command and spawn it? And building them in BS was unnecessary, but someone else, please give me feedback on that.

I'm having trouble spawning these as well, the help command doesn't seem to give me any object ID either.

6 minutes ago, Frost55555 said:

I'm having trouble spawning these as well, the help command doesn't seem to give me any object ID either.

in the command prompt it says "Viewer strings not available.". I didn't type the command wrong, is there something else I could have messed up? 

On 7/2/2023 at 3:52 PM, Frost55555 said:

in the command prompt it says "Viewer strings not available.". I didn't type the command wrong, is there something else I could have messed up? 

Nevermind, fixed the issue. Bethesda's loader didn't have it enabled XD