A couple questions about body, clothing and armors.

kajn

Hello, I'm enough new to the mods, and I'm having fun learning about and try them out.
I would to know, if someone could point me out the following question, maybe a thread I missed or something. I would like to learn how to customize my game according the various female body, outfit and armor.
I still not understand what really are and how to use different body type, like BnB, Type3, TN6 and such. I'm wondering because browsing trought the meshes folder, I just noticed a single or maybe a couple upperbodyfemale.nif.

1. Does this means, once nude, using for example some sexout mod, during the animations, every female load/have the same body type?
2. How those different body, Bnb, Type3, TN6, Skinny, etc.. work together?
I'm able to put a new type of clothing/armor to a specific class, race (moving meshes and connected texture around and preview them using Nifskope, and I'm able to make BnB working properly and i understood the skeleton thing), but I feel, and I'm sure, there is something I'm missing about how it really work.

Thank you.

Bodies are attached to npc's through the body data and face data tabs in a race entry in the geck. Every vanilla race points to the same vanilla body mesh, either upperbody.nif or femaleupperbody.nif. Most body mods are replacers that just overwrite that with their own body, so all npc's of the same sex look alike.

The only way for different people to have different bodies in your game is tweaking vanilla or custom races to use the meshes and textures you want - don't forget about the male/female checkbox at the bottom. I'd go with custom races, and changing some npc's to use those. You're gonna want to make your mod an .esm to avoid mismatching textures too.

Thank you so much Doctasax.

This means that T6M, Skinny, are replacers and they should come with a .esp attached? Like for the BnB?  Instead Type3 don't because it change just the original Vanilla texture and meshes whitin  the same kind of body structure? Am I wrong?

And that excencially, without a tweak they all will have the same nude body because there is just one femaleupperbody.nif in meshes folder?  Using just difffernt skin colour thanks to the textures?

Almost all body mods are replacers, including BnB, they all just have an alternative for the vanilla femaleupperbody.nif in the vanilla place, and if there are textures they are replacers for the upperbodyfemale.dds in the vanilla place too.

Making it so that different people have different bodies means copying new body meshes & textures to new folders that you make, and having an esp that points new races to those meshes & tex.

It's easier to understand when you look at the body/face data tabs for a race in the geck, really. Here's an example of new race entries I made in an esp for the T3M body:

post-18170-0-42429200-1373990121_thumb.jpg

The paths are to the new body, hi-res tex etc, in new folders I made for them in both the meshes & textures folders:

(you can just copy the femaleupperbody.egt under body texture model from vanilla to get the right coloring for that race)

post-18170-0-05604200-1373990128_thumb.jpg

post-18170-0-06376100-1373990133_thumb.jpg

In that playthrough, I had regular T3 as the main replacer for all npc's, but the player was T3M. Of course, you can always pick npc's to have different bodies too, by setting them to a race you assign a different body to.

Once you get the hang of it, you can think about assigning hairs & eyes etc, and make some character presets under "npc":

post-18170-0-41273500-1373990760_thumb.jpg

Try some stuff out & you'll understand it faster - it doesn't have to be perfect from the start.

i'm also new to BnB and want to what exactly i need to copy over from the BnB mod.

like if i copy over tha .kf files, will it conflict with FH-Ironsights mod?

You'd have to compare both mods' package structure to be sure. If the one you mention has "movement/standing while holding weapon" anims, there will indeed be a conflict for some of those, and you'll have to pick which mod you want to 'win' by installing that one last. Or you can switch particular anims out using FOMM's file manager button. Most of us use the BnB kf's as a default replacer, and occasionally let a particularly cool-looking kf override one of BnB's, whether it bounces or not.

The BnB kf's are not strictly necessary for a sexout install. Our install guides recommend installing them because you have to install astymma's skeleton anyway, so it's silly not to have bouncy anims from the start since the skeleton allows it. The BnB body itself is not necessary - body types are just a matter of personal taste - and its skeleton either shouldn't be installed to begin with, or should be overridden by astymma's (different methods, same result).

Didn't tried in FO3. In New Vegas, BnB work fine, also behind Sexout, assuming you have installed the Bodyextender Faff Nvg. Just to me seems like BnB doesn't work during the Sexout animations, because in that instance it load a unique nude body that is the upperbodyfemalerude or such, that look like it is not BnB. I could be wrong anyway, and i could have installed the wrong nudebody like for example the one inside Beware of the Girls.

I just noticed, by a clean install, there is something in Sexout, or one of its related mods, that make the game crash on exit. But it can be easly solved installing Stutter Remover and change a single value in its own .ini file, correcting the fast exit from 0 to 1.

Archived