Just a question for those who experienced that problem with the quest. Did disabling the mod make the quest do-able again, or did having the mod installed at one point basically kill the save with regard to that quest (and theoretically others which have the same problem)?

• 4 weeks later...

Esbern, Arngeir (and other Greybeards), Ulfrik Stormcloak, General Tulius, Jarl Balgruuf: Male.

Heads of Companions, Thieves' guild, Winterhold College: Male

Dragons: Male.

Delphine: Female

Head of Dark Brotherhood: Female.

Yeah... I'm finding it hard to see things your way here.

Did you know there's a study that proves that men tend to find a group made up of... I think it was around 20% women and 80% men to be "equally divided". If the ration is in fact 50-50 they tend to feel under represented.

Also I hesitate to call this "for more historical accuracy". In the olden days everyone did all the work. So yes, women would be out being bandits and working and doing whatever you can think of too.

I agreed with Ellane from two post previous.

If magic is seen as technology, I dobt we'd have the Industrial Revolution to keep women indoors.

Therefore, let me suggest a diffrent story;

1) As a simulation, Elder Scrolls series' game mechanics is itself is sexist, or at least more sexist over time. (a few feminist blogs can convince me of this) -OR-

2) The Empire have grown stronger over time (Frontiers, Conquests. Opposite of social decline.)

I'm just going for the 1st, but while I'm playing Skyrim, I'll pretend the it's the 2nd.

Better for immersion.

So, I don't take offense to the OP wanting to have fewer women, game is fantasy role-playing: it's whatever can trick your brain into accepting it as real. Beside, freedom to choose any gender (ie. I like being a cat) is more important to me than "separate but equal" representation (eg. of men).

Wow, skyrim is so sexist (-), but the graphics are breathtaking (+).

I'll check this mod out soon!

• 2 weeks later...

I like the idea of increasing the male to female ratio in bandits and criminals as I more expect a band of aggressive hairy men to be raping and pillaging the countryside just out of historical accuracy from my understanding but "women in the kitchen" jokes are a bit disrespectful  and I know it's 'the internet' and everyone is entitled to say speak their minds but I just like to recommend a more open minded and respectful approach to such things in general.

Good work though on creating such a mod. I have just started to learn how to use the creation tool myself and I am constantly impressed by the efforts of the modding community.

• 5 weeks later...

I regret to say I have encountered an unfortunate bug with this mod.

The Companions questline gets broken, as the Proving Honor quest C01 completely fails to initialise.

Using console "setstage c01 1" to manually start the quest fails to initialise it, but all of the other quest setting up from C00 and the subsequent radiant quest do complete correctly.

That means that there is no option to ask the leaders for work, and all of the companions simply offer their default talk options at the early level. (Where do you stand on the war, What does it mean to be a companion, Why did you join, etc)

No work offers. (No radiant quests, in other words.) 

And Skjor sometimes barks "You still need to prove yourself, whelp."

I did a lot of script examination to determine that everything was working fine right up to initialisation of C01. At the end of the radiant quest after Taking Up Arms (C00), the housekeeping script calls the setup for C01, switches off the "ask for work" objective, and switches on the "StoryquestisRunning" flag. The C01 setup fails, but the other two do complete, so it looks like the damage is thankfully very minimal as far as the game and questline goes.

Fixing the questline is as simple as turning off this mod, and using the console to "setstage C01 1". This puts the Companions Questline exactly where it should be.

Now, I have a lot of mods installed. Circa 250. But I'm 99.99% sure I can point the finger at MoreMales.  

If I turn off just the MoreMales.esp in the load list, quest C01 instantly works. It initialises, and the companions leaders talk options immediately change to "Skjor was looking for you earlier", with the single response "What does he want", exactly as it is suppsed to at stage 1 of C01.

The clincher was this: Vanilla new game, with MoreMales as the ONLY mod loaded. Used the console at the Helgen Tunnel exit, to try "setstage c01 1".

This will normally work of course, filling the aliases (use SQV c01 to see them). It works without the mod active.

But with MoreMales active, it fails to fill aliases, and the quest remains disabled, stuck at stage 0.

So, something is preventing the aliases from filling. Because with this mod active, any attempt to start C01 fails. SQV reports the aliases remain unfilled, and the quest remains disabled and stuck at stage 0.

The later Companions quests (C02, C03 etc) all started manually quite happily (even though they were grossly premature), so it might just be something about the conditions of C01 that has a problem. I notice it aliases five SilverHand bandits to use in the ambush. I think one of them is meant to be a female. It might be just that one.....

Anyway, I write this here just in case anyone else has had trouble with the Companions questline. I did find one or two other folk asking the question, but no answers.

I did a fair bit of TESVedit checking to see if MoreMales conflicted with Masculinised Level Lists, or with Sons of Skyrim only (another dude - only mod) and they all seemed to do different things, so I have been using all three. There were some overlaps, so I chose the order as MLL, SoS, and then MoreMales, as giving the nicest options.

I'm also guessing it should be safe enough to switch the mod back on as soon as the C01 quest is started. Once the aliases are set, they remain set while the quest is running.

EDIT: Done some more testing, and confrimed the problem to be that one female Silverhand bandit. (The other four bandits are male by default).

Quest C01 uses an alias Ambush1 that is specific to "C01 SilverhandAmbusher1" (000A6F4B) that is built from "NPC_LvlSilverhandAmbush1" (00108BBC).

That levelled NPC belongs to LvlBanditMeleeEvenTonedF, which is one of the female classes changed by MoreMales. In CK, the "female" column is flagged No (with MoreMales active). I guess this kills the alias fill. 

Two workarounds:

1) remove that class from the MoreMales mod. 

2) I changed the levelled NPC in CK to use LvlBanditMeleeEvenTonedM (ie the male version). No other changes. And the C01 quest started normally.

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings.

I have encountered a serious bug. It took me 10-12 hours of troubleshooting to find out that More Male Spawn 0.5 caused it. iam not angry or else I just want to report it to the modder.

I have a lot of mod and i checked everything, I ran Tes5Edit and Boss and I use NexusModManager.

So when I finished [Joining the Imperial legion] quest and i did the oath to General Tullius, The next (Jagged Crown ) quest did not started. The game did not let me talk to Legate Rikke and not even console commands let me start it.

I was afraid i cant fix this later so i spent lots of hours troubleshooting, and after hours of mod-deactivating , it came to the conclusion More Males caused the problem.

I hope iam the only one who had this, and maybe later it wont cause a problem. I really dont understand why it caused that, but it did.

More Male Spawn is a clever idea, and i would like to use it in the future.

Greg

• 3 years later...

What I have been finding while I have this mod installed is that female bosses don't spawn at all; e.g. The Caller in Fellglow Keep and Potema in the Wolf Queen Awakenedt. Any quest that has a female boss is affected. I've not been able to do the Companions quest line either. I've not tried the civil war quest with the Imperials to know if that is affected.

I'll disable this mod for my next play-through and see what happens. I also use SkyHunks, which has a masculine level list function as well. But there seems to be no changes to boss level spawn from that.

So I'm curious if others have noticed this kind of effect as well.

• 4 months later...

Hey geck do you use any "spawn" mods, that increase the number of enemies in a given area?

Yes, of course! How did you know?

Try:

ASIS by The ASIS Team

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/18436//?

The function is to increase the enemy amount in any spawn point. Not just the vanilla, but also any downloaded bandit or monster mods you have. It come with a tool to scan and listed all your mods. Best mod ever! :heart:

Best mod ever, are you a mental case? That mod is a stupid one if you are starting from lvl 1. I recommend it only to saved game play at lvl 40 or higher. Otherwise, get ready to die a lot and cuss more.

Esbern, Arngeir (and other Greybeards), Ulfrik Stormcloak, General Tulius, Jarl Balgruuf: Male.

Heads of Companions, Thieves' guild, Winterhold College: Male

Dragons: Male.

Delphine: Female

Head of Dark Brotherhood: Female.

Yeah... I'm finding it hard to see things your way here.

Did you know there's a study that proves that men tend to find a group made up of... I think it was around 20% women and 80% men to be "equally divided". If the ration is in fact 50-50 they tend to feel under represented.

Also I hesitate to call this "for more historical accuracy". In the olden days everyone did all the work. So yes, women would be out being bandits and working and doing whatever you can think of too.

Total horseshit, women would be out working and dodging bandits with hard-on's for women out working in highly raided area's. Camp women in bandit camps would be communal whores, not bandits. The gender roles didn't exist in the past to downplay a womanly role in society, they existed because they fucking existed that way due to natural order. The oldest tapestries in the Medieval European archives (and Skyrim is Northern European-ish) show hundreds of men as warriors Vr's ZERO females doing anything but sporting a dress, dancing, playing a tambourine or harp, weaving and farming. Realism is fewer chicks in combat, Joan, sorry. As to their ability to do arts and crafts and farm, there is no debate, they were well able and skilled, but were the WEAKER sex in warfare.

• 1 year later...