Any other mods work perfectly fine, I've updatet my game, downloaded the latest mod, updated my computer, my grapic card and I did every possible thing that I could find on the internet, to make wicked whims work, but everytime I load my game, it says that the script file is missing, but it isn't. I also had wicked whims before and it worked perfectly fine. Trust me when I say, that I've tried EVERYTHING to make it work. 

I think, it's because I have wicked whims in my folder twice, zipped and unzipped, because the game doesn't manage to find it, when it's unzipped, but I'm not sure. 

Please help me!

6 hours ago, ohzguijuklhkzg said:

Any other mods work perfectly fine, I've updatet my game, downloaded the latest mod, updated my computer, my grapic card and I did every possible thing that I could find on the internet, to make wicked whims work, but everytime I load my game, it says that the script file is missing, but it isn't. I also had wicked whims before and it worked perfectly fine. Trust me when I say, that I've tried EVERYTHING to make it work. 

I think, it's because I have wicked whims in my folder twice, zipped and unzipped, because the game doesn't manage to find it, when it's unzipped, but I'm not sure. 

Please help me!

The Sims 4 doesn't read zipped files.  You should only have one copy of WW installed and install it here:

/Mods/WickedWhimsMod

There should be one package file and one script file in that folder.  Script mods can't be placed more than one folder deep.

Make sure script mods are enabled in your Game Settings.  There is a setting for Mods and a setting for Scripts - both need to be enabled.

You should have a Resource.cfg file in your base Mods folder that looks something like this:

Priority 500

PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

WW Mods Folder.jpg

On 5/15/2022 at 3:03 AM, SkyBarbie said:

The Sims 4 doesn't read zipped files.  You should only have one copy of WW installed and install it here:

/Mods/WickedWhimsMod

There should be one package file and one script file in that folder.  Script mods can't be placed more than one folder deep.

Make sure script mods are enabled in your Game Settings.  There is a setting for Mods and a setting for Scripts - both need to be enabled.

You should have a Resource.cfg file in your base Mods folder that looks something like this:

Priority 500

PackedFile *.package
PackedFile */*.package
PackedFile */*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*.package
PackedFile */*/*/*/*/*.package

WW Mods Folder.jpg

Thank you for your help! unfortunately I already tried all of that and it still didn’t work, it might be a problem with my game, but any other mod works fine. 

8 hours ago, ohzguijuklhkzg said:

Thank you for your help! unfortunately I already tried all of that and it still didn’t work, it might be a problem with my game, but any other mod works fine. 

If you have MS OneDrive installed it can prevent WW data from loading properly.

Even Windows 10 updates can mess up the game but usually it's some type of anti-malware or anti-virus that detects the WW script Mod and triggers a false positive.

It might happen when you extract the WW zip file something checks it then it puts it into quarantine.

If you don't see the Wicked Whims purple notification when you load your household it means the Mod isn't loading for some reason.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/16/2022 at 7:08 PM, Scorpio said:

If you have MS OneDrive installed it can prevent WW data from loading properly.

Even Windows 10 updates can mess up the game but usually it's some type of anti-malware or anti-virus that detects the WW script Mod and triggers a false positive.

It might happen when you extract the WW zip file something checks it then it puts it into quarantine.

If you don't see the Wicked Whims purple notification when you load your household it means the Mod isn't loading for some reason.  

Thank you, it still doesn’t seem

to work though :(

Can you perhaps send a screenshot of your Mods folder, so we can see if you've installed the mod correctly?

This is the only thing that'd come to my mind.

That, or you don't have both of these settings checked so the game doesn't see the script file:

menu2.png