Sexlab and it's animations and related mods do not work with Skyrim anniversary edition.

It says that it is not compatible with my current version of SKSE AE, even though I am 100% sure that I have the latest version installed.

Furthermore, SkyUI extensions (which many sexlab mods depend on) is not compatible with SAE, and the modder who created it has abandoned the mod.

i could never get them to work with skyrim ae after hours of trying to fix it so i downgraded my game to the last version of skyrim se using the unofficial skyrim special edition downgrader patcher https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/57618 after i did that and installed the requirements it worked fine so you may wanna try that if you want you need windows 10 to use it though just to let you know

It does work. User error is not a good start to categorically stating a mod does not work with X. So very likely something you're doing wrong.

What's SkyUI extensions? Do you mean UI Extensions, or Extended UI? If it's the former, it does work too. It never needed an update and the error is likely from another mod you have that is not compatible with your AE/SKSE installed (are you getting an error, right? or you're assuming something doesn't work because you can't make it work... again?). If you meant Extended UI you can port it yourself quite easily, just get the files from the LE modpage and unpack the BSA. It doesn't need any special update for AE or SKSE.

Edited by Just Don't
On 5/14/2022 at 4:18 PM, Just Don't said:

It does work. User error is not a good start to categorically stating a mod does not work with X. So very likely something you're doing wrong.

What's SkyUI extensions? Do you mean UI Extensions, or Extended UI? If it's the former, it does work too. It never needed an update and the error is likely from another mod you have that is not compatible with your AE/SKSE installed (are you getting an error, right? or you're assuming something doesn't work because you can't make it work... again?). If you meant Extended UI you can port it yourself quite easily, just get the files from the LE modpage and unpack the BSA. It doesn't need any special update for AE or SKSE.

I keep getting these two error messages every time that I get into the game.

Sexlab and it's animations do not work.

MCM doesn't work.

1.jpg

2.jpg

1st error: quite clear, the game does not recognize SKSE as installed. Verify you installed it correctly, make sure you're launching the game using the SKSE executable and not the regular Skyrim SE executable.

2nd error: I can't imagine what would it take for a mod to not recognize your game version, other than using a version not compatible with your game, or failing to meet its requirements (see above). I'd first verify which game version is installed (the product version of SkyrimSE.exe),, then it would be a matter of installing the corresponding SKSE and SL framework for said game version.

8 hours ago, Just Don't said:

1st error: quite clear, the game does not recognize SKSE as installed. Verify you installed it correctly, make sure you're launching the game using the SKSE executable and not the regular Skyrim SE executable.

2nd error: I can't imagine what would it take for a mod to not recognize your game version, other than using a version not compatible with your game, or failing to meet its requirements (see above). I'd first verify which game version is installed (the product version of SkyrimSE.exe),, then it would be a matter of installing the corresponding SKSE and SL framework for said game version.

I have the latest version of SKSE64AE and game version installed.

I have Skyrim AE installed. Just within the last couple days because I got a new computer, I figured if things didn't work, I'd downgrade the Skyrim to before the AE thing came out, but I'd give it a go as is and see what happens. It's working. I found it much more difficult to get Creation Kit SE working through MO2. Anyways...

#1 go to your Skyrim SE folder and find the SkyrimSE executable. Right click it and choose properties, then details. It will show you the version (mine is 1.6.353.0 ... the AE version)

That's just to confirm your SE version

Did you install the correct version of SexLab for your Skyrim SE version? 

Did you follow the install instructions precisely for SKSE? (it's important! There's one for SE and another for AE)

It's hugely important to get the correct pieces, and that starts with knowing exactly what version of Skyrim SE you're working with.

The errors you're showing definitely make it appear you've got mismatched components.

• 9 months later...

latest Sex lab works for AE but wont load some animations into MGM. follow me for sex animations do not load  in MGM but I know they are supposed to be there. according to my FNIS. It updates them fine. If any one knows a fix for this it would be great.

Edited by rickymcleod

I am an AE user on 1.6.640.  Sexlab works fine, as do most of its allied mods. 

@BBTBTN, you need to make sure you have the correct SKSE installation for your game version number. Recent AE versions are 1.6.353 and 1.6.640 and there is also the independent GOG release of Skyrim.  Match your SKSE with your game version.  Your first picture shows SKSE is not even being loaded.

You will also need to decide to choose FNIS or Nemesis.  Remember Nemesis does not yet correctly handle Sexlab Creature Animations. And FNIS is dated.

Good luck.