[How?]Insert ObjectEffect to Scripts.

What the title says, i made an object effect that knocksdown the target or player. i was wondering how can i attach it in the script i made.

for example player.setessential 1

is there a way like player.set"objecteffect" to 1?

thank you.

If it is an object effect, the player has to equip the object to which the effect is applied (player.EquipItem MyObjectWithEffect 1 1).

If it is an Actor effect, the effect has to be cast (CIOS) on the actor (player.CIOS MyActorEffect)

Now if what you crurrently have is a script of type effect, you need:

A] to create a base effect using your script (try a copy of AddDrainedSmallEnergyCellEffect where you change the script by yours looks ok).

B] create an Actor effect to apply your BaseEffect, and so your script (a copy of AlienDisintegrationFXSpell where you replace the Alien Disintegration effect by your base effect would do).

C] Apply the effect on the player : player.CIOS MyNewActorEffect

Make sure the duration are long enough for your script to run.

If the current script we are making for the player essential thread doesnt work this is an alternative. Ive tried this and replicated a victory rifle knockdown effect changed duration to 15 sec but i still get up too early. Again thank you so much, youve been a very good help

Guest luthienanarion

If it is an object effect, the player has to equip the object to which the effect is applied (player.EquipItem MyObjectWithEffect 1 1).

If it is an Actor effect, the effect has to be cast (CIOS) on the actor (player.CIOS MyActorEffect)

This is not correct. You can apply an Object Effect (Armor) to an actor using CIOS, but the effect must have a duration.

Archived