Random NPC Married Townies having babies after updating my Game/Mods to v1.86.166.1030

I also had 3 NPC's die for no apparent reason but discovered the MCCC Culling Switch was reset/changed.

Aging Off

WW Pregnancy setting disabled

No MC_Woohoo module installed

MCCC Pregnancies disabled

All male sims are set to not get others pregnant in CAS.

Checked all my MCCC Population settings and don't see anything different from before updating but it used to block the games random pregnancies.

Possible I missed something tho.

Any ideas?    

New feature, neighborhood stories. There is a new button in the played/unplayed families view, set all to "off" if you don't want stuff to happen. You can set a default for played/unplayed and then just apply that to all in a couple of clicks. A good idea, but didn't mesh with how I run my game, so I turned it off right off the bat.

8 minutes ago, Kashked said:

New feature, neighborhood stories. There is a new button in the played/unplayed families view, set all to "off" if you don't want stuff to happen. You can set a default for played/unplayed and then just apply that to all in a couple of clicks. A good idea, but didn't mesh with how I run my game, so I turned it off right off the bat.

Thanks, I found it in Manage Households/Other and it was enabled by default.

Will test now and hopefully it's fixed as I noticed 'have a baby' was included in the stories.

2 hours ago, Kashked said:

Yea, it was kind of a boneheaded decision to enable this by default (without a strong warning at least).  I saw this after the 1.86 update and disabled it before any changes occurred in my neighborhoods.  I'm commonly in CAS so I noticed it right away after the update.

15 minutes ago, SkyBarbie said:

Yea, it was kind of a boneheaded decision to enable this by default (without a strong warning at least).  I saw this after the 1.86 update and disabled it before any changes occurred in my neighborhoods.  I'm commonly in CAS so I noticed it right away after the update.

I got a pop-up the first time I launched the game after the update atleast. Then again those are ussually just commercials for the latest DLC so I won't blame someone for just clicking it away without reading it properly.

I knew what to expect when I updated from watching a couple of videos but I decided to leave it on when I first updated just to mess around and see how it plays out. Lots of random pets and babies but then one of my favorite sims in my save was killed off so I turned it off permanently. If I want that kind of game play, I'll just let MCCC do the work as I've never really been fond of any of EA's RNG mechanics.

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

Well that setting change didn't fix the problem as I just had 2-3 more NPC families have babies.

I'm assuming these babies were generated through the Neighbor Stories function? How did you find out? Did you get the news feed through the mailbox or did you find them in Manage Worlds?

I'm not sure if you saw this setting but you have to make sure this box is unchecked to totally disable Neighborhood Stories (highlighted in Red).

You also have to do this on a per save basis. I think it's kind of stupid the EA didn't give us a global setting in the main Options menu.

Note: I did this in My Played Households but be sure to look and make sure it's the same for your Other households as well.

Neighborhood Stories switch.png

Edited by BatDood
For clarity.
1 hour ago, BatDood said:

I'm assuming these babies were generated through the Neighbor Stories function? How did you find out? Did you get the news feed through the mailbox or did you find them in Manage Worlds?

I have MCCC settings enabled to announce all births and then I verified in Manage Households.

1 hour ago, BatDood said:

I'm not sure if you saw this setting but you have to make sure this box is unchecked to totally disable Neighborhood Stories (highlighted in Red).

Yes I did that right away but more babies came a few sim days later.

I even checked each household with new babies to verify their individual story settings were also disabled.

4 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

Yes I did that right away but more babies came a few sim days later.

I even checked each household with new babies to verify their individual story settings were also disabled.

Strange as I haven't seen any of those babies since turning it off.

Maybe the women were already pregnant before you turned it off.

There is a way to check the news feed for Neighborhood Stories by clicking on your sim's mailbox. The option is there to check for new stories. If it's completely turned off, you shouldn't have any stories listed in the feed. You'll get a message that "nothing of note has happened lately".

42 minutes ago, BatDood said:

Maybe the women were already pregnant before you turned it off.

Yes I had thought of that possibility so I'll just have to continue to monitor for a couple more days.

I just figured the game was spawning babies that weren't actually from pregnant sims.

My Player Sim has had text popup notifications, or calls, from Eliza Pancakes that told him she was pregnant.

(I haven't checked her out yet to see if it's true or not)

I also get the popups from others asking if they should have a baby, including single, non-married sims.

42 minutes ago, BatDood said:

There is a way to check the news feed for Neighborhood Stories by clicking on your sim's mailbox. The option is there to check for new stories. If it's completely turned off, you shouldn't have any stories listed in the feed. You'll get a message that "nothing of note has happened lately".

I'll have to check that out tomorrow.   

Edited by Scorpio
13 hours ago, BatDood said:

Checked it today and had News:

Willow Creek: The White Household(mine) just adopted a Cat, nope haven't seen any.

Tina Tinker just died...

Shockingly she botched a repair job and was electrocuted (have to check it out and resurrect her).

Visited Eliza Pancakes and she was in fact Pregnant in 3rd Trimester so I used MCCC to abort.

Dummy Me...

Checked game settings again and found a hidden global setting I missed before as I didn't scroll down to see it.

It was Gameplay/Neighborhood Stories: ON (so I switched it Off now).

Hopefully that will fix it. 

1 hour ago, Scorpio said:

It was Gameplay/Neighborhood Stories: ON (so I switched it Off now).

Hopefully that will fix it. 

Hmmm. I didn't even know that setting was there. I checked it and it was enabled. Maybe I didn't have anything happening because I had everything disabled through the in-game options. I would think that would fix the situation for you though. If it doesn't then a game repair might be in order.

Edited by BatDood
17 minutes ago, BatDood said:

Hmmm. I didn't even know that setting was there. I checked it and it was enabled. Maybe I didn't have anything happening because I had everything disabled through the in-game options. I would think that would fix the situation for you though. If it doesn't then a game repair might be in order.

Could be a game bug but I don't know exactly how all the new settings interact with each other yet.

I just figured the global setting would disable all the manage household settings by default and then you could just enable certain households individually later if needed.

There must be some reason for EA having 2 different settings in different locations I would think but you know how EA does some things half way.

I'll try a game repair later tho just to be sure.