Sex-O-Tron 5000

View File

I present to you, the Sex-O-Tron 5000! Created by the esoteric inventor Kitch, this legendary gamma gun makes use of a novel type of radiation that hypnotizes anyone it touches into thinking they're having sex. After this effect wears off, the target will remain pacified for a brief time before regaining their bearings.

However, in your game, Kitch hasn't made the gun quite yet. You'll need to find Experiment H-K269 just outside of Vault 111 and read the note to start the quest.

Requirements

F4SE

Credits

ShadeAnimator for his animation kit

Seddon4494 for his creation kit tutorials

Here's a guide on how to find the experiment:

Spoiler

Looking from the Vault 111 elevator, go to this spot between the blue containers, where the red circle is.

guide1.thumb.jpg.6198febb56af5c1652a213b16e24e77b.jpg

The experiment & note are right there. (If the items aren't showing up there, another plugin is probably overriding the cell.)

guide2.thumb.jpg.e77b45bb8aeba39f3e98a198365e357e.jpg

Trying to dip my toes into modding for Fallout 4, so small question if anyone can just give me the scope of work (Easy, some work, hard) it would be to do the following for a beginner:

Base Goal: I'm interested in putting the weapon in certain leveled lists for enemies in the wasteland.  When the weapon is used, after a certain amount of shots hitting the player, the effect occurs on the player as well.

Stretch Goal: The effect leads to Violate (or something similar) to occur as well.

As long as either the base/stretch goal isn't too complicated for a newer modder, I'll want to play around with it for my personal use.

7 hours ago, beebopn89 said:

Trying to dip my toes into modding for Fallout 4, so small question if anyone can just give me the scope of work (Easy, some work, hard) it would be to do the following for a beginner:

Base Goal: I'm interested in putting the weapon in certain leveled lists for enemies in the wasteland.  When the weapon is used, after a certain amount of shots hitting the player, the effect occurs on the player as well.

Stretch Goal: The effect leads to Violate (or something similar) to occur as well.

As long as either the base/stretch goal isn't too complicated for a newer modder, I'll want to play around with it for my personal use.

I've never edited leveled lists myself, so I can't give any advice there. But making it so that it works as you described on the player shouldn't be too hard. You'd need to edit the SOTWeaponScript (the source is included in the mod) to make it so that in OnEffectStart it disables the player's controls and sets them AI controlled, then undo that in OnEffectFinish.

To make it so that it doesn't activate on the player until a few shots, you can use the actor value that's already in the script (_SDSOT_SOTStage) to keep track of how many times an actor has been shot with the weapon.

(Function references: Game.SetPlayerAIDriven, InputEnableLayer.Create, ObjectReference.GetValue, ObjectReference.SetValue)

I may put out an update with those improvements, since it would overall make the mod more stable.

7 hours ago, asdfer1234 said:

Omg. It works wonderfully. Also functions as a quick nude-ifier/unequip everything :)

Question: seems to me like the weapon only incurs one kind of animation on its target? Are there plans to add more possible resultant animations?

Indeed, the current animation was made based off of the image that inspired this mod:

Spoiler

34.jpg.393fae7ae23474b9c50404c930df07e2.jpg

(credit: theGmun)

There might be other animations added in the future, although this mod was intended as more of a side project than anything, to help me get back into making TWOA.

Edited by Snapdragon_
Spoiler
On 4/15/2022 at 3:20 PM, Snapdragon_ said:

I've never edited leveled lists myself, so I can't give any advice there. But making it so that it works as you described on the player shouldn't be too hard. You'd need to edit the SOTWeaponScript (the source is included in the mod) to make it so that in OnEffectStart it disables the player's controls and sets them AI controlled, then undo that in OnEffectFinish.

To make it so that it doesn't activate on the player until a few shots, you can use the actor value that's already in the script (_SDSOT_SOTStage) to keep track of how many times an actor has been shot with the weapon.

(Function references: Game.SetPlayerAIDriven, InputEnableLayer.Create, ObjectReference.GetValue, ObjectReference.SetValue)

I may put out an update with those improvements, since it would overall make the mod more stable.

Indeed, the current animation was made based off of the image that inspired this mod:

Hide contents

34.jpg.393fae7ae23474b9c50404c930df07e2.jpg

(credit: theGmun)

There might be other animations added in the future, although this mod was intended as more of a side project than anything, to help me get back into making TWOA.

as the kids say: poggers.

• 2 weeks later...

Мод не рабочий. Проект и записку нашёл, вернул в Добрососедство и всё.  Квест сдал и больше ничего не происходит, дальнейших диалогов нет, как и квестов.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there, and many thanks for the mod. Though I'm having a slight problem. I found the note and then found Kitch at the Memory Den, but she won't talk to me and no dialog option pops up. Am I meant to do something else before she'll respond? Sorry to ask silly questions. :)

On 6/1/2022 at 8:12 PM, Gramster2022 said:

Hi there, and many thanks for the mod. Though I'm having a slight problem. I found the note and then found Kitch at the Memory Den, but she won't talk to me and no dialog option pops up. Am I meant to do something else before she'll respond? Sorry to ask silly questions. :)

I've found out what I did wrong. Duh. I only picked up the note and didn't notice the experiment lying next to it. :D