Question about alpha transparency

As being a monolingual person, not english, I might be awkward at some point.

My personally hand-modded texture seems not working properly. The file is saved into dxt5, cuz it has part that have smooth transparency change by the gradient in alpha channel. But the game looks like taking it as dxt1, which is just shows 100% and 0% transparency.(I tried many different way to save it, with PS-with legacy Nvidia tool with a few different export setting or Intel plugin, gimp or paint. net. or into recent dxt11. but no use. Funny thing is, the texture file that I initially use worked perfectly the way I intended 4 years ago, when I played FO4 then.

Is there anything to be supposed as cause??

- NIF file trishape has NiAlphaproperty. I'm far from experienced modder but nor such noob. Flags 4844. threshold 128.(It should be overriden by bgsm anyway. doesn't it?)

- Most suspicious point is bgsm. But I've tried almost every combination of relevant value(alpha value, blend mod, alpha test reference, alpha test...or even decal) that I loosely understand. Can't find the reason. I should've kept the bgsm file together but I was stupid. 

- 4 yrs ago then I used NMM, now on MO2. But I use loose file mostly with my personal things. And checked every possible overriding locations(data folder. Bodyslide sub folders). so it looks not the problem.

Subject texture is one of 'competition swimsuit',  of Aubrii's.

Fs2Iwatobi_d.dds

Call the result of your texture file in my own bgsm.

I think it may be the effect you need.

Because I don't have a mesh file, neither do _n and _s texture file , so the path of bgsm is my own project.

But you can refer to this bgsm.

And the contents of the BSLightingShaderProperty of the NIF file

I didn't use NiAlpha

670133161_36020220405131620816.jpg.75cc669d893ba83b0411083e2b4f2a1e.jpg

001.nif

01-1.bgsm

The translucency setting of Fo4 is always confusing.

This is also the result of a random experiment, including the setting of BSLightingShaderProperty.

Translucency seems to require texture files, material files, and BSLightingShaderProperty to work together.

So you ask me the essence of the wrong reason and right reason, and I don't know.

Maybe there are better advanced settings under the current effect. You can try.

Edited by kziitd

By default, Fallout 4 does not support semi-transparency/alpha blending in BGSM (shader material), only in BGEM (effect material).
If you do without material files and use textures and shader properties directly in Nif - similar to Skyrim - Alpha Blending works, but without effects, such as getting wet when it rains etc.

8 hours ago, kziitd said:

Call the result of your texture file in my own bgsm.

I think it may be the effect you need.

Because I don't have a mesh file, neither do _n and _s texture file , so the path of bgsm is my own project.

But you can refer to this bgsm.

And the contents of the BSLightingShaderProperty of the NIF file

I didn't use NiAlpha

670133161_36020220405131620816.jpg.75cc669d893ba83b0411083e2b4f2a1e.jpg

001.nif

01-1.bgsm

The translucency setting of Fo4 is always confusing.

This is also the result of a random experiment, including the setting of BSLightingShaderProperty.

Translucency seems to require texture files, material files, and BSLightingShaderProperty to work together.

So you ask me the essence of the wrong reason and right reason, and I don't know.

Maybe there are better advanced settings under the current effect. You can try.

aww thank u for the instant answer, and yeah, easily solved. Just removing the NiAlphaProperty gets job done. But strange anyway, the other Aubrii's mod,

'Monno Bikini' needs that node for alpha transparency. well, whatever thanks!!

Fallout4 2022-04-06 00-41-18.png