(WiP) Just another Dog companion

Sibirskiy

So, I've been trolling around the forums awhile now, for basically all three games, and it came to me, why can't I do this? Why shouldn't I be out there, making so awesome mod?!! Well, the answer is I have no idea what the hell I'm doing. So, in an attempt to actually learn something about modding for games, and, more specifically, Fallout, I want to make a companion that functions sorta like Rocket, except different. I have an idea for a Robo-dog (using Rex's model) that you find, and end up having as a follower. He'll be able to talk, and, as I progress, interact in different quests or with different people. I even want to add in some basic quests that pertain to just him. All in all, I want to tackle as much as possible, to learn as much as possible while making this companion. I dunno how many of you would be happy to see a new companion, since it's fairly easy to find them, but meh. I have the starting plan written (It's very bare-bone).

----------------------

Added Messages
Added Perk
Added Teleport Bone (It's listed as an armor item)
Added Buck Actor
Added Scripts
Added Packages

-----------------------

Need Dialouge
Need Quest

-----------------------

Test Companion Wheel Functionality
Test Dialogue/Quest 

-----------------------

Start Quest Outline-

1: Find Weird Bone in Abandoned Shack
2: Use Weird Bone, Buck is transported to you
3: After talking to Buck, he returns to the Prospector
4: Find Buck at the Prospector, talk to him
     4a: If player has finished ghost town shootout, offer to follow is accepted
     4b: If player hasn't finished, offer to follow denied
5: Buck is gained as a follower

In any case, I'll be working on this for a bit, and if anyone likes it enough it'll be uploaded here once I get the basics out of the way.

Godspeed good sir. I look forward to seeing how this develops.

I must admit, it gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling to see ol' Rocket is inspiring people to do their own thing. Even if I ultimately wussed out and haven't improved Rocket beyond the crappy basic mod it is, his mere existence is doing good things. :,)

:D I've always loved Rocket, hell, still do! No matter how basic he is, he still is amazing. <3 Thank you though... I've already spent a week just learning how to make simple scripts to control a companion... and now tying together dialogue... I already want to smash my computer... -.- 

Indeed, it is good to see rockets descendants turning up at last, that being said am I right to assume he will be compatible "Functionality wise"  with SO'Breeder and what not?

Also any possibilty of interactions between "buck" was it?- and Rocket? Maybe you could add another canine companion that's female, and we could work through a little doggie llove triangle. :P  Regardless, Good luck on your quest!

Indeed, it is good to see rockets descendants turning up at last, that being said am I right to assume he will be compatible "Functionality wise"  with SO'Breeder and what not?

Also any possibilty of interactions between "buck" was it?- and Rocket? Maybe you could add another canine companion that's female, and we could work through a little doggie llove triangle.  :P  Regardless, Good luck on your quest!

All in all, I want to make some sorta functionality with any mod that might add some fun. Defiantly want to add some sorta... 'interaction' with Buck and Rocket. RIght now though... I barely made it so the companion wheel will function properly, and made it so he can be sent to novac hotel (If you have the room key) and to L38. I want to make it so you can move his home marker though... just for anyone that might want him set in a custom player home or anything. So basically the base work for Buck is done... I just want to make a patch for JIPCCC then I'll get to the more fun stuff. I love JIP's command modules. 

As for a female dog companion. That's next in my plans, but I need to get a new mouse for my computer before I can start making any good animations for interactions with a female canine, then I want to make animations for dog on dog, and perhaps make a unique model of Buck instead of just using Rex's model... I have a lot planned, but it's just learning all the stuff needed that's annoying and hard.

I understand the frustration. You are farther along than I am ..

After you get some basic working funciton on your mod... something that someone can .. take around the park so to speak.. try uploading it. Let some of the members see what you have done and the effort you have put into the mod. I have seen others do this and many times than not they get more help than if they didn't. People see that it is going somewhere and ... what the hell I am an animator I can do x or y in a few minutes, here. and another with texture skills says to themselves .. what the hell I can create this texture for the dog... and soon you are on the way. You can still learn and grow as this process goes on and get much needed help with the process.

Just a though.

I understand the frustration. You are farther along than I am ..

After you get some basic working funciton on your mod... something that someone can .. take around the park so to speak.. try uploading it. Let some of the members see what you have done and the effort you have put into the mod. I have seen others do this and many times than not they get more help than if they didn't. People see that it is going somewhere and ... what the hell I am an animator I can do x or y in a few minutes, here. and another with texture skills says to themselves .. what the hell I can create this texture for the dog... and soon you are on the way. You can still learn and grow as this process goes on and get much needed help with the process.

Just a though.

^.^ I do plan on uploading it as soon as the basic stuff is out of the way, I'm just gotten stuck on my expedition to make a JIP [atch for it (I really wanted too... got carried away) but it seems I might need help from jazzis to make a patch sooo... I'll put that on hold. As of now, it's basically done, with all the basic framework of him and all. Just stuck on one thing... I can't for the life of me firgure out why the topics I added for sexual encounters won't play the animation. I'm sure the result script is correct. Currently I have five different options, one corresponding to each of the different dog animating that are present. If anyone could tell me what might be wrong with it, it's help!! 

Result Script:

set Sexout.Anim to 1004
set SexoutNG.ActorA to GetSelf
set SexoutNG.ActorB to PlayerREF
PlayerREF.CIOS SexoutBegin

I do this for each of the options, of course changing the anim number for each. Dunno whats wrong, the topic will finish through and close out like it should, but nothing plays afterward. :3

(P.S. I might have also got distracted by the fact Skyrim just got support for creature animations, and I'm fucking excited about such!... hehe xD)
  • 7 months later...

If you look at the OPs page you will see that he hasn't been here since November 2013. Chances of this moving anywhere quickly is very slim.

A shame, really. Especially since there are virtually no bestiality mods for Fallout out there, aside from breeder (which has another focus, really) and the very basic rocket. Ah well, maybe something will still be happening :D

Archived