[Request] Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

the game came out today and is running on koei engine (same as persona 5 strikers) and since the files are encrypted the only way to mod it for now is using 3DMigoto

you can change the equipment on the characters like Nioh 2 (developed by the same people)

1.png.075d633ae89294ed6d5df1a440ec9fd3.png

8 minutes ago, PepeLordd said:

for now i can't seem to remove jack from the party but I'll see if that changes after playing more

If this is a Dead Space 3 thing where you can only play as the other character through online co-op, then this will be highly disappointing, regardless if it's for the strict purpose of narration.

Edited by MemoryH
21 hours ago, MemoryH said:

If this is a Dead Space 3 thing where you can only play as the other character through online co-op, then this will be highly disappointing, regardless if it's for the strict purpose of narration.

i just finished the game and it seems that only jack is playable in single player unfortunately

9 hours ago, True_Might said:

i think someone should check if the models/meshes can even be extracted and imported into blender with 3dmigoto before anything else. if not it may only be used for re-textures

doing a frame analysis doesn't seem to work 

ok so after getting the game through other means, so far you can extract weapons meshes/textures and change them.

after messing around more later ill see how far this can go and perhaps it can be supported much like nioh 2(weapons monsters, characters) or other games that support 3dm that i made mods for.

ive only tested weapons so far, ill progress and see what else can be changed and what cant

488138216_Screenshot(1171).png.165a6ae58a012143e9f72fa9de4f2cc6.png

Edited by True_Might

well im gonna assume at this point you can pretty much change anything similar to persona strikers or nioh. changing the color of characters hair is a bit of work. but adding outfits or making changes to meshes in the game is possible. it even reflects in cut-scenes so that's a bonus.  Not sure how it will effect performance if too many mods are on at the same time though.  I know the game on pc isnt too smooth.

Im unable to check online but if its anything like nioh then your changes will not be visible to other players unless they have the same mod, But pretty much this game is mod friendly. if more people are interested then it can get a decent amount of mesh related mods for it

141137940_Screenshot(1179).png.55ae004a797e3687457805212465c32d.png

8781580_Screenshot(1185).png.93cfce7ef77aa6e66dae7d80f6043843.png

1205387481_Screenshot(1184).png.ac1ce4ce8dd1dd7d1271e21aff1f5a19.png

Edited by True_Might

i would just suggest people to look at the nioh 2  - 3dmigoto modding thread since these games are pretty much the same (some attack and movement animations are from nioh 2)

there is also 2 YouTube guides with 3dmigoto for (DOA/Fairytale) on how to use it but they use the same methods since both are also  tecmo koei games

I also suggest people download the nioh 2 version of the 3dmigoto if you aren't familiar with enabling the basic 3dmigoto tool and drop that enabler where

the Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin . exe is located. if you see the green text that means its enabled

https://www.nexusmods.com/nioh2/mods/18

i would follow the guide from the nioh2 modding thread but apply the methods to Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin

also on page 52 there is a updated blender plugin that allows 3dmigoto extracted meshes to work for versions 3.0 and up

and then there's the dds(textures) files that you can extract that may require a certain program like photoshop or ms-paint to modify colors or how oily something looks

there is also many small things that the guides don't tell you but im available here or at discord SnanSGaiiaG#6829 if anyone is confused. As i can stream the process visually.  I can do my best to explain but im not too good with typing guides. I may make a nexus page for SPDDO later to at least get people aware that it can be modded with 3dm

Edited by True_Might

this tool can only replaces meshes or make things invisible. another tool is required to change voices or animations. as whatever the mesh we replace must mimic the animations by matching weights with blender.

and after taking a look at the meshes, replacing them with another character is much more difficult in this game compared to others with this tool but possible. The best i can do is add things from other games or do re-textures but swapping a whole body is another lvl.

Edited by True_Might

so using the Nioh 2 3dm currently and even following the guide there as well as the Fairy Tail youtube tutorial, for some reason i can't get the frame analysis dump or a basic index buffer removal to work

the dump only gives a screenshot and trying to make the starting fist weapons invisible isn't working properly for some reason

anything else i should be trying?

EDIT: I got it all to work lol just had to use my brain for a second xD

Edited by kasiova

for those who are still confused

to make frame dump to work

(make sure the ini used to extract is inside the mod folder)

make a .ini (notepad) for extracting

and paste this inside the .ini

[ShaderOverride*CUSTOMNAME*]

hash = *pixel shader*
run = CommandListN2Dump

save then

press f10 in-game to refresh then press f8 to extract

for example

643283595_Screenshot(1186).png.8b1c1c3de055bc7a60534474ff412aaa.png

press number pad 0 to turn on hunting mode (green text), and

use( NUMPAD 1 ), ( NUMPAD 2 ) - Cycle through pixel shaders, ( NUMPAD 3 ) - copy selected pixel shader hash to clipboard

look for the the code that turns whatever your looking for invisible.

350573258_Screenshot(1187).png.b86365874711b080b0516b45bd2e23fe.png

then paste the code in the .ini  hash = *pixel shader*

save then press f10-ingame then press f8 to extract

646599010_Screenshot(1188).png.58c8eadfb436c7bab58c47ad5061e9b6.png

and it should extract everything that wasn't visible however not everything may be compatible to be edited in blender such as 4d objects(capes,sashes) anything that have free flow movement

this also can be done to monsters though it may be difficult due to movement and lighting. But they can also be re-imported into the game

795079090_Screenshot(1191).png.f5df46b64205a6f4785ead4a791afb7b.png

1330367509_Screenshot(1193).png.0fc5a7ac0b02255dc0b4e2d7b2dd8ebc.png

929646471_Screenshot(1195).png.1e35ac37fad9865d169221a27564b6d1.png

1634294068_Screenshot(1203).png.c98fad0c8e306670cf009283f6de6740.png

Edited by True_Might
10 minutes ago, kasiova said:

also quick note about weapons at the very least, they have different shaders for both in the menu and in game

yes this is very important as im sure others would have most likely would have encountered this. I would say regarding textures is  that they have to be a certain format upon saving them to be used for in-game. PNG could also work if using dds is an issue.

ps-t0 =  would be for colors, i would use the index buffer from the dds file to be more accurate

an example

001043.0-[commandlistn2dump]-ps-t0=e645a448.dds   file

as inside the .ini

[TextureOverride]
hash = e645a448

ps-t0 = Resourcecolorexample

[Resourcecolorexample]
filename = 001043.0-[commandlistn2dump]-ps-t0=e645a448.dds