Easy Fashion and Styling [WIP]

View File

Easy Fashion and Styling

Version: 0.4.Alpha

UPDATING REQUIRE A NEW GAME (or manual uninstall/install)

This is a WIP Fashion and Styling mod, inspired by the great YPS Immersive Fashion, but dedicated entirely to SSE.

It has reached a playable state, except from possible bugs (still in alpha).

It doesn't aim to provide as much features as YPS but to be a lighter alternative.

It's a living project, to which modules will be added incrementally (see further for the list of modules).

If you wanna help, go check the thread, I have questions for you.

Two update in a row, expect some bugs.

Supports

Only female PC

Hard Requirements

Soft Requirement

Undergarments

At least one underwear (armors) pack, the default MCM setup has been made for testing purpose with this set : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35815

Body Hair

At least one body hair overlays texture pack (you don't need to activate the plugin) like:

Hair

To use the provided preset you will need:

The preset in question have been made quickly to test out features, it is complete but far from perfect.

Creating hair presets takes a long time, and I'm really not good at it.

If you do create your own presets, please share it with the community.

Modules

Undergarments module

You could already wear different pieces of undergarments (armors), but with this module you can specify which parts should be visually concealed by your body armor.

On putting on a body armor, your worn undergarments will be hidden (but will remain equipped), and revealed when putting off your armor.

There are 5 types of managed undergarments for now:

• Breast (bras)
  • Chest (corsets)
  • Belt (garter belts)
  • Crotch (panties)
  • Legs (stockings)

There is an option to prevent you to put on/remove undergarments while wearing a body armor.

As it is, it is only visual, there is no gameplay incentive (except looking good and eventual enchantments).

SoS and Devious Devices are supported by base config.

Limits

Because of the way Skyrim works, an outfit rendered invisible (concealed) will be invisible on every actor, there is nothing I can do about it.

Body hair module

Choose a premade preset or build your own.

Every few days, your body hair will grow (you can choose the interval).

To shave or trim, you will need to first apply shaving cream on the target area, then use a shaving knife.

Shaving cream can be crafted in a cooking pot, shaving knives at a blacksmith station. No item were added to the world for now, it will happen in its own time (I'm not sure about how I want to handle it right now).

With base config, body armors, Devious Devices and worn undergaments will prevent the PC from shaving.

Hair module

Let the mod scan your character or manually select a preset.

Every few days, your hair will grow (you can choose the interval).

When your hair is styled, there is a (configurable) risk it will get messed up by certain events (sleep, hit, removing headwear, assault).

To cut your hair you will need scissors (crafted in a forge).

To comb them, you will need a comb (crafting forge).

To tie them up, you will need a Hair band (tanning rack).

Misc

You can craft a mirror (crafting forge, quite hard to craft) to check your character informations.

Most styling accessories are consumable, they will break/dull out after some time. The higher quality of the accessory, the longer it will last.

What's on the workbench right now?

• Integrating items in the world
  • Changing hair types (perms, bangs)
  • All around testing in situ

Planned

• Face make-up
  • Hopefully, custom textures and models
  • Hair dyeing

Considered

• Destructible undergarments
  • Boni/Mali when (not) styled
  • Addiction?

Change logs

0.4.Alpha (06/04/22)

• Breakable tools
  • Different tools quality
  • Chances to mess up the hair
  • Improved hair preset

0.3.Alpha (05/04/22)

• Hair growth and styling
  • Save/Load McM config

0.2.Alpha (19/03/22)

• Body hair growth and trimming
  • Save/Load McM config

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/10/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    SKSE, SkyUI, PapyrusUtils, UIExtensions
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Edited by Vegetius
New release 0.3.Alpha

HELP WANTED:

Creating hair growth presets takes time and I'm not very good at it, please consider helping the community by building and sharing presets. If you are interested, don't hesitate to come to me for help.

I'm currently focusing on the core code of the mod, and have zero skill for anything visual (textures and meshes).

So if you can provide or know of some free to use assets, those would greatly help:

• Textures to apply on pubes and armpits to give a visual hint that shaving cream is applied
  • Meshes (models) for the various styling tools (shaving knife, brush, mirror, etc...)

If you are worried about permissions, everything I do myself is and will always be free (as in free to use, modify, share...), but I can specify distinct (more restrictive) permissions for the assets you would provide.

Question(s):

What would be your prefered way to inject specific items (brushes, shaving knife, cream, etc...) into the world? I see three possibilities (outside of crafting recipes, this one is easy):

- Inject them in leveled list (merchants and/or loot), the more 'seamless' way, the problem with that is that it would mechanically take the place of some of the vanilla items, because of the way leveled list works. Except if I change said leveled lists to provide more items, with its consequences (bash patch needed, even then no idea how it would interact with other mods that touch the same leveled lists)

- Add new merchants (what yps did), the compatibility problem is now with mods that touch cells.

- Make some vanilla NPCs as dedicated merchants, the compatibility problem is now with mods that change those npcs.

I can't decide for myself...

Edited by Vegetius
adding a question
8 hours ago, Vegetius said:

That make sense to me realistically wise and performance wise (~one update a day, at a rather unbusy moment). The only caveat would be for player that doesn't sleep for lack of experience/needs mod, but if you are installing a fashion mod, you probably also use a needs mod. What do you think ?

Makes perfect sence to me, like you say anyone that would use your mod to track fashion items is more than likely using a needs mod too. Good luck with your project, I like a lot of the features of yps but if theres a newer alternative that recognises the more up to date modlists then thats gotta be a good thing.

On 3/10/2022 at 11:43 AM, Vegetius said:

Easy Fashion and Styling [WIP]

View File

Easy Fashion and Styling

Version: 0.1.Alpha

This mod is made for female PC, I try my best so you can use it with a male PC but I will provide no support.

This a very WIP Fashion and Styling mod, inspired by the great YPS Immersive Fashion, but dedicated entirely to SSE.

It doesn't aim to provide as much features as YPS but to be a lighter alternative.

It's a living project, to which modules will be added incrementally (see further for the list of modules).

If you wanna help, go check the thread, I have questions for you.

Hard Requirements

None for now

Soft Requirement

Depending on modules you want to use, see further

Modules

Undergarments module

You could already wear different pieces of undergarments (armors), but with this module you can specify which parts should be visually concealed by your body armor.

On putting on a body armor, your worn undergarments will be hidden (but will remain equipped), and revealed when putting off your armor.

There are 5 types of managed undergarments for now:

• Breast (bras)
  • Chest (corsets)
  • Belt (garter belts)
  • Crotch (panties)
  • Legs (stockings)

There is an option to prevent you to put on/remove undergarments while wearing a body armor.

As it is, it is only visual, there is no gameplay incentive (except looking good and eventual enchantments).

SoS and Devious Devices are supported by base config.

The default MCM setup has been made for testing purpose with this set : https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35815

Supports

Only PC

Limits

Because of the way Skyrim works, an outfit rendered invisible (concealed) will be invisible on every actor, there is nothing I can do about it.

What's on the workbench right now?

Body hair growth (except hair)

Planned

• Save/Load McM config
  • Hair growth
  • Face make-up

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    03/10/2022
  • Category
  • Requires

• Regular Edition Compatible
    No

It's a pity the TCG (Tradable Companion Gear) wasn't ported to Skyrim SE from Skyrim LE, as this modification disabled - removed the outfits. Adding and equipping them as standard inventory items to all playable race actors. A mod like TCG for SSE would allow for the possibility, to apply features of modules to all actors.

If someone wanted to could they stand alone the Undergarments module, with its own McM config and load/save feature? Which could be backported to LE, as this feature with playable races support on all actors. Can finally be the successor to UnderPants which is stuck on LE, with rather repetitive setup process.

Edited by Leoosp

In answer to the question:-

• A weighted listed of undergarments (able to be put together as a set)
  • Implementation of a feature similar to TCG's solutions to actor outfits (allows for Undergarments on all playable race actors)
  • The outfit can be for all, or selected for just PC, all non-PC actors.
Edited by Leoosp
Ideas for Undergarments improvements
19 hours ago, Vegetius said:

- What are your ideas regarding undergarments gameplay? I was thinking making an option to gives debuffs for not wearing a bra (there is a reason for sports bra) and panty (feeling vulnerable, risk of chaffing). What do you think? What should be those debuffs (skills, magnitude)?

This is just brainstorming, so I wouldn't expect all of these ideas to be used, even if I was the one making the mod.  Also worth noting that I'm a guy, I don't actually have experience with these types of clothing in real life.   

I lot of what you can do for bonuses depends on how you want to organize things.  YPS has an overall 'fashion rating'  with only a single two directional category, you either look good or you look bad leading to a speech buff or debuff.  Addiction just pushes you in on direction along this track.  It may be worth considering an appearance rating with more axis.  For example you could keep track of Ugly-Beautiful and also Respectable-Lewd and give overall buffs/debuffs based on both.   

As a general rule, Speech skill buffs are not very exciting.  You should also avoid modifying move speed unless absolutely necessary.  Move speed buffs/debuffs can render a mod unusable very very quickly.

Bra 

-Split into 4+ categories, comfortable, fashionable, sport and "no bra"

-No Bra:

-Cold weather/magic interactions: 

-lowered cold resist (like 5% mostly just for a laugh)

-cold spells temporarily boost appearance for x minutes

-Breast size interactions

-Large breast lead to stamina draining faster when sprinting

-small breasts lead to no penalty

-Comfortable

-distraction free: magic related buffs magicka max/regen/alchemy/enchanting

-Minor appearance boost

-low gold cost; 50 gp?

-penalties for high fashion addiction PCs

-fashionable

-Breast appear larger (racemenu?)

-expensive: 500 gp?

-Large appearance boost

-uncomfortable: magic related debuffs magicka max/regen/alchemy/enchanting

-speech/trade buffs: 5%

-Sport

-good support: stamina related buffs, particularly when sprinting

-Two handed weapon related buffs: +2-5?

-expensive: 250 gp?

-archery related buffs +2-5?

-penalties for high fashion addiction PCs

Panties: not everything needs to be complicated, underwear doesn't do that much in real life either.  The 'lore' behind you appearance addiction system really matters here.  Is looking good about a PC's confidence or her actual appearance.  No panties should be a viable choice.

-no panties

-small appearance boost

-comfortable

-no appearance boost

-penalty for high fashion addicted PCs

-fashionable

-small appearance boost

-expensive

-sexy/fetish (latex/pearls/crotch-less)

-small appearance boost

-boosted arousal gain

Corsets: boned corsets are hyper impractical but look amazing and many women claim boost confidence

-body morph (it really needs this)

-large appearance boost

-Shout penalties (+100% cooldown or maybe making them drain off all stamina)

-Stamina regen penalties 20-50%

-Steel boning: buffs armor skills 5-10 or just has an armor value

-reduced mobility: debuff Two handed 5-10, sneaking 2-5

-confident posture: magic related buffs magicka max/regen

-counts as a bra for negating debuffs

Stockings/garters: Like panties I don't think these have much impact beyond appearance, and staying warm.  They can be easily damaged though so I thinking emphasizing that gives some fun interactivity to them. Otherwise players will just pick a pair that looks nice and forget about them.  They might as well just be a tattoo at that point.

-Appearance boost

-Damage: gives an excuse to not forget about them and try out new styles.  How often they get damaged should be take at least a few in        game days

-Fighting

-Wilderness/dungeons

-Long Nails/rings/heavy armor, are obvious but not really very fun

-Material: assigning minor buffs encourages players to take on the gold upkeep of constantly replacing them

-warm: 5% cold resist

-smooth: 2-5 stealth

-fantasy materials: dragon hide/ghostly cloth could offer various other buffs

-expensive

On 3/10/2022 at 11:43 PM, Leoosp said:

In answer to the question:-

• A weighted listed of undergarments (able to be put together as a set)
  • Implementation of a feature similar to TCG's solutions to actor outfits (allows for Undergarments on all playable race actors)
  • The outfit can be for all, or selected for just PC, all non-PC actors.

I think there might be a misunderstanding about the aim of the undergarments module, I suggest you try it as it is.

The aim is to manage the PC undergarments, it does not provide undergarments and will probably never will.

A companion mod is a possibility tho, but it will probably not be distributed amongst NPCs, for the simple technical reason that an armor piece made invisible in Skyrim, is invisible on each and every character wearing it. There is nothing I can do about that.

On 3/12/2022 at 2:43 AM, Talesien said:

Nice to see a less "obese" alternative to YPS. Any chance you can make it work with Toys as well as DD? That would be great.

It works with DD out of the box, since there aren't any overlaps really, but DD keywords are registered in modules when it makes sense (for instance, a chastity belt will prevent the PC from shaving her pubes). For Toys, I'll look into it eventually, but I never used it myself.

Edited by Vegetius
On 3/11/2022 at 9:31 AM, Darkwing241 said:

As a general rule, Speech skill buffs are not very exciting.  You should also avoid modifying move speed unless absolutely necessary.  Move speed buffs/debuffs can render a mod unusable very very quickly.    

100% Agree on this.

A lot of interesting ideas in your post, I take good note of them.

• I like the idea of destructible undergarments (assault, on hit/damage taken).
  • Regarding the buff they would provide, I feel like it's build in the outfit items themselves : as armor rating and/or enchantments.
  • i thought about making a difference between types (sport, fashion, comfy) but here again, it would be more at its place in a dedicated outfit mod, which would be a permission nightmare since I'm in no way a 3d modeller, and have no interest in becoming one... It would come after this mod anyway.

What I'm heading toward, are simple optional debuffs for each undergarment type if not wearing one, rule that you could 'reverse', meaning you are debuffed if you wear an item rather than for not wearing one (for nudist PT).

But It'll be after the core features anyway. I'm making good progress on body hair and general mod architecture.

18 minutes ago, Vegetius said:

i thought about making a difference between types (sport, fashion, comfy) but here again, it would be more at its place in a dedicated outfit mod, which would be a permission nightmare since I'm in no way a 3d modeller, and have no interest in becoming one... It would come after this mod anyway

This is always the problem with any sort of appearance mod. Getting your gear tagged with the right keyword so that your fashion mod recognizes it as what it is

Lupine00's sexlab disparity has a mechanic for tagging item's in game as sexy/slutty/naked/whatever.  Basically just equip the item and then say "this item is x." You may be able to reference SLD to save some work. 

I don't think a quick popup of "unrecognized garment" would be all that intrusive.  Especially if you create a way to export a players garment list so that on a second playthrough you can just import a completed list, most mods end up needing an export mcm settings feature anyway.

PS: I wouldn't say I am a dedicated 3d modeler, but I do have a high heels mods that I released in in LE that I made specifically for use with YPS.  I may be able to make you something, but my texturing skills are low, I mostly work with prexisting textures.

19 hours ago, Darkwing241 said:

This is always the problem with any sort of appearance mod. Getting your gear tagged with the right keyword so that your fashion mod recognizes it as what it is

Lupine00's sexlab disparity has a mechanic for tagging item's in game as sexy/slutty/naked/whatever.  Basically just equip the item and then say "this item is x." You may be able to reference SLD to save some work. 

I don't think a quick popup of "unrecognized garment" would be all that intrusive.  Especially if you create a way to export a players garment list so that on a second playthrough you can just import a completed list, most mods end up needing an export mcm settings feature anyway.

PS: I wouldn't say I am a dedicated 3d modeler, but I do have a high heels mods that I released in in LE that I made specifically for use with YPS.  I may be able to make you something, but my texturing skills are low, I mostly work with prexisting textures.

Oh I'm sure there is some good way to it, it's just that for now I'd rather focus on the main features.

For now, slots detection seems to do the trick.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/26/2022 at 11:45 PM, Leoosp said:

I specified essentially that an examination of the mechanisms used in Tradable Companions Gear (TCG) for Skyrim LE, may reveal an idea if the mechanisms of how things work in SE is similar enough. To enable a way for the feature to propagate the user supplied undergarments to NPCs.

Ah ok I think I got you now. What can be done, as of now, is using a follower improvement mod that allow to remove the follower basic outfit (most do I believe). When giving a follower an (armor) undergarment, it will put it on as it is, I've witnessed it. Sadly, even with this part handled, as I said the only way I know to make outfits invisible makes them so on every instance of the outfit, meaning that if your pc wore the same, say, panty that a follower, your PC is unclothed and the follower is not, the panty would be either visible on both or hidden on both. The only potential solutions I can think of is making clones of wore outfits or use a dual item system like DD, but both sounds like a headache (and feasibility is only hypothetical).

To answer one of your previous questions, yes the Undergarment module could be extracted from the mod and quite easily as most of it is coded in its dedicated file, the sources are public on github and it's entirely free and open source.

But all modules of my mod can be disabled, and when they are they have 0 performance impact, so if someone came around to make the undergarment module working on followers, the best way would be to push their code on mine, that's the beauty of open source. It's not so much my mod as the mod I'm working on.

Edited by Vegetius
11 hours ago, Leoosp said:

Probably the trick may be to intercept on the follower, or NPCs when they have had apparel (armor, clothes) items (either equipped or all) removed from the inventory. Once this point is reached inject (or add) then equip the undergarment to the actor as a non-outfit item.

Only add the undergarment once that point has been reached, may be slightly hacky but that way you won't need to duplicate the outfit. Also would allow it to be simulated hidden, from inventory.

That might be doable indeed. For now I will focus on the PC, but the code is made to leave this door open.

I added a question regarding the integration of this mods items in the world, anyone reading this please check it out.

1 hour ago, jacobrox5656 said:

The mcm never seems to show up whatever i do and the mod doesnt seem to run at all what am i doing wrong?

I have no problem with my dev setup. Maybe the fomod is broken I'll test it out and come back to you.

0.3 Alpha is being published, with the core hair growth mechanisms.

Creating hair growth presets takes time and I'm not very good at it, please consider helping the community by building and sharing presets. If you are interested, don't hesitate to come to me for help.

• 6 months later...