Traders Sell Toys

View File

This mod allow traders to sell and buy Toy"s items.

Bandits now has 40% chance to drop toys keys upon death.

This mod created for the toys framework, i not know other toys item that addons added effected or not.

I created addons for all toyboxes, SLAVE. workshop, toy story!

Time of writing all addon updated the latest realise of this mods to! :)

I not tested out this things. Any feed back welcome! :)

Requierments:

For original upload:

(Out dated, do not use! i leave here if some one existing play trought and need this to finish)

Skyrim SE .1.5.97 or higher

Toys 1.83

NISIM Realise 0 or higher

For version 1.2:

Skyrim SE .1.5.97 or higher

Toys 2.3 or higher (if no existing item changes)

NISIM Realise 0 or higher

Link to NISIM:

Possible Conflicts:

I expect no conflict or compatibility issue, only possibile issue if toys framework or other toys addon items get changed.

This case i need update my mod to foward the changes.

My mod edit toy items keywords so traders can sell it.

I edit some leveled list but this done by NISIM.

This mod not use any script, and use very basic creation engine functions so this should work evry future version of skyrim.

Premissions:

Feel free to do wahtewer wish you do this mod :)

And pls give a thumb up to toys creators for fantastic work the creators done!

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    02/27/2022
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim Se 1.5.97, Toys V2.3+, NISIM Realise 0 or higher
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

Nice! I tried it out. All works as intended. No problems found.

• I was able to sell some toys to the vendor in the Drunken Huntsman
  • And I was looting Toys keys off of bandits (each variety of key)

I think 40% chance of a key is far too high though. The default in Toyful Temptations I think is 7%. Some people might like it this way though hehe.

Also something to note... your setup lets you sell toys that come in the 3 Toy Boxes, that are included with Toys. Many people use additional mods that have more toys in more Toy Boxes. They might be confused that they can't sell them too. You could document that. A minor thing though.

Would you like me to list your mod here  Toys Family of Mods ?

Edited by VirginMarie
11 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Nice! I tried it out. All works as intended. No problems found.

• I was able to sell some toys to the vendor in the Drunken Huntsman
  • And I was looting Toys keys off of bandits (each variety of key)

I think 40% chance of a key is far too high though. The default in Toyful Temptations I think is 7%. Some people might like it this way though hehe.

Also something to note... your setup lets you sell toys that come in the 3 Toy Boxes, that are included with Toys. Many people use additional mods that have more toys in more Toy Boxes. They might be confused that they can't sell them too. You could document that. A minor thing though.

Thank you for the advices, absed on this i plan do fallowing changes:

1-create addon for this mod a esl flagged esp that changes key find chance to 7%, other one that change this 5% + give documentation how a simple user can change the chance using SSEEdit.

2-I expected may rise problem other toys that not inside the toyframework canot be sold/brought from traders. You think users wish sell/buy other toys too that included the toyboxes?

i not recived/aware any request about this to this moment. If any need i start working expand this mod to cover these.

3-Changing mod description to contain exactly what toys are effected and what not, to avoid confusion.

4-Adding correct documentation to uploded file that contain all the information about the mod status and what able to do canot be do.

11 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

Would you like me to list your mod here  Toys Family of Mods ?

To me this is a wery high... ehh my english not good enught to say the correct word. maybe award is the right word :) or honored :) :)

In other word make my wery happy :)

Question:

You or toys team plan adding more toy item to framework? If yes i need to watch version change to update my mod to match the toys framework current item collection.

Edit:

Question #2:

Planning to expand this mod to cover all 3 toyboxes addon. I not know deep enught inner working of the other mods. that depend on this toy boxes.

If i make possible traders to sell/buy the toys that come with SLaVE or Toy story i do any harm?

if this may cause any problem/bug with quests, i not add this function as optional addon.

I know SLaVE has ways to give keys player as reward so to me logical not include SLaVE keys to bandit loot.

Edited by Nonseen
2 hours ago, Nonseen said:

2-I expected may rise problem other toys that not inside the toyframework canot be sold/brought from traders. You think users wish sell/buy other toys too that included the toyboxes?

All the toys, from all the boxes get registered the same way into the framework. Removing the VendorNoSell keyword cannot hurt any mod. Toys does not use the keyword itself for anything. You can't break anything by removing that keyword, but you CAN altar the economy.

I was only thinking about confusion it could cause when only certain toys can be sold. You are documenting that so this helps :D 

I don't know what users want, but I would imagine that from a user perspective, there's two views:

1. Removing the keyword is good.... YES!! Now I can sell all the junk and clean my inventory, without dropping toys all over the place and making a mess!
  2. But some users would says its bad... No!! it puts too much gold into the economy! This matters lots if using a mod like Sexlab Survival.

But your mod is a choice and there could be plenty of people who's view is #1.

honored :) :)

In other word make my wery happy :)

Your mod is now listed here... Toys Family of Mods

Question:

You or toys team plan adding more toy item to framework? If yes i need to watch version change to update my mod to match the toys framework current item collection.

We are constantly adding, but mostly it's been in the Toy Boxes within other mods. Eventually we will revisit the 3 Toy Boxes in the framework too. I want to add more toys into the Ancient and Chaotic boxes. The change logs will always tell you. Sometimes its subtle, like a new variant of an existing toy.

Planning to expand this mod to cover all 3 toyboxes addon. I not know deep enught inner working of the other mods. that depend on this toy boxes.

There's 8 Toy Boxes. 3 included in Toys (I think you have done all), and 5 addons, which you can see here... Toys Family of Mods

I think its not "scalable" to patch keywords in them all and then maintain it. Instead, maybe in the future you can learn to script and make a vendor whom buys toys universally, without removing keywords. You could do this through your own dialogue, not using vanilla vendor features. Maybe if you give the vendor something more (a favor :P ), he will remove a non-restricted toy for you! Lots of ideas for what vendors could offer.

Also if you are looking for mod ideas, did you know you can make a Toy Box mod, like Classic Toy Box, without any script? Toy Box Authoring 

I have ideas on where you could get some assets for models too, if you are interested.

If i make possible traders to sell/buy the toys that come with SLaVE or Toy story i do any harm?

if this may cause any problem/bug with quests, i not add this function as optional addon.

No problems, no harm, as long as you are not removing worn toys (I know that's not in scope for you now) that are locked with restrictive keywords. The Toys API protects/helps that making it easy.

I know SLaVE has ways to give keys player as reward so to me logical not include SLaVE keys to bandit loot.

Toyful Temptations, is the main way to get keys. Now the choice in this mod to get them from Bandits is a big addition.

HoT&WeT, Toy Story, Toys Workshop, and SLaVE all give keys as part of quests. Some are special keys, only available from the quest, some are the generic keys from Toys. These mods don't do any random distribution though, instead its earning through the quest.

The 4 Keys in Toys are meant to be distributed by other mods. You can do no harm by distributing them, other than maybe make it too easy, but that's a matter of user choice too.

As a general rule, you would never distribute keys that are from a mod's quest, but of course you can't anyhow, unless you make them master.

Edited by VirginMarie

Forgot to mention...

You said you are changing the chance for bandits to drop keys to 5 or 7 percent. That's better than 40% for sure, however, I think play testing is required to determine your value for 2 reasons...

• Your math is in the CK. We don't know if this matches how the author of Toyful Temptations does the math. What does 7% in TT really mean? I don't know. I just know its a whole lot less than 40% :P
  • TT is distributing the keys in most types of containers, not just bandits. When your source is only bandits, the drop rate might need to be higher
  • It depends also on if the user also has the TT mod right? Since TT can drop keys in bandit corpses too
Edited by VirginMarie
2 hours ago, VirginMarie said:

All the toys, from all the boxes get registered the same way into the framework. Removing the VendorNoSell keyword cannot hurt any mod. Toys does not use the keyword itself for anything. You can't break anything by removing that keyword, but you CAN altar the economy.

I was only thinking about confusion it could cause when only certain toys can be sold. You are documenting that so this helps :D 

I don't know what users want, but I would imagine that from a user perspective, there's two views:

1. Removing the keyword is good.... YES!! Now I can sell all the junk and clean my inventory, without dropping toys all over the place and making a mess!
  2. But some users would says its bad... No!! it puts too much gold into the economy! This matters lots if using a mod like Sexlab Survival.

But your mod is a choice and there could be plenty of people who's view is #1.

:)

thank you for deep explanation.

Your mod is now listed here... Toys Family of Mods

WOW! Thank you! :)

We are constantly adding, but mostly it's been in the Toy Boxes within other mods. Eventually we will revisit the 3 Toy Boxes in the framework too. I want to add more toys into the Ancient and Chaotic boxes. The change logs will always tell you. Sometimes its subtle, like a new variant of an existing toy.

I found way to quick change the keywords and add lot of item to item list so this is no problem :)

There's 8 Toy Boxes. 3 included in Toys (I think you have done all), and 5 addons, which you can see here... Toys Family of Mods

i see, i started adding all of them.

Excluding melted versions so if a toy melted on player player cannot sell it. I hope this way i preverent selling a melted item in use... not getting free from them this way. like selling a armor that in use.

Same time if i see a item quest item i not tuch it not add to traders.

Same true items that special requierment to remove it if description mention only a npc can remove it i not add to traders, and not get re keyworded.

I think its not "scalable" to patch keywords in them all and then maintain it. Instead, maybe in the future you can learn to script and make a vendor whom buys toys universally, without removing keywords. You could do this through your own dialogue, not using vanilla vendor features. Maybe if you give the vendor something more (a favor :P ), he will remove a non-restricted toy for you! Lots of ideas for what vendors could offer.

hmm i see :) lot of possibility here true. :)

I plan learn scripting in the future, knowing not using scripts limit my option greatly. My other TraderSell series of mods script free becuse i expect used very script heavy everiment.

maybe in the future i add separate addons to this mod so other way to trade toys with traders can be done. ;)

Also if you are looking for mod ideas, did you know you can make a Toy Box mod, like Classic Toy Box, without any script? Toy Box Authoring 

I have ideas on where you could get some assets for models too, if you are interested.

sound intresting. at the moment my main focus is my slavers of skyrim mod, i have jsut a spark and thinked quick create traders sell toys mod for refreshment. :)

No problems, no harm, as long as you are not removing worn toys (I know that's not in scope for you now) that are locked with restrictive keywords. The Toys API protects/helps that making it easy.

good to know :)

The 4 Keys in Toys are meant to be distributed by other mods. You can do no harm by distributing them, other than maybe make it too easy, but that's a matter of user choice too.

okay i only add this keys to bandits and others

• Your math is in the CK. We don't know if this matches how the author of Toyful Temptations does the math. What does 7% in TT really mean? I don't know. I just know its a whole lot less than 40% :P
  • TT is distributing the keys in most types of containers, not just bandits. When your source is only bandits, the drop rate might need to be higher
  • It depends also on if the user also has the TT mod right? Since TT can drop keys in bandit corpses too

hmm i see.

You got the point. My NISIM at the moment not ready to distribute items other than traders and bandits death items. Probably time to change this. Adding additional options where can land the keys. Adding loot containers shuld not to dificult.

Best thing i can do i give option to players dicide how big or low the drop chance to be. So all palyer can set the drop rate for own playstyle. :)

51 minutes ago, Nonseen said:

Excluding melted versions so if a toy melted on player player cannot sell it. I hope this way i preverent selling a melted item in use... not getting free from them this way. like selling a armor that in use.

Same time if i see a item quest item i not tuch it not add to traders.

Same true items that special requierment to remove it if description mention only a npc can remove it i not add to traders, and not get re keyworded.

None of these exceptions is necessary and in fact would be confusing.

• A player cannot sell to the vendor if the toy is worn
  • A player cannot remove the toy, if it's not meant to be removed, thus they can't sell it
  • A Melted toy is not technically different than a non-melted one, other than it has a different look, or different effects. Technically there is nothing special about the melted state. If the toy is melted, or not, and is in my inventory, I should be able to sell it
  • Same for a toy that is only removed during the quest... once I've "earned" the ability to remove it... why would I not be able to sell it?
  • If a mod author wants a toy to NOT be removed from inventory (like say a quest note), they can set it up to be a vanilla quest item, using Skyrim's own feature. Nothing to do with Toys or the VendorNoSale keyword

All toys CAN be sold with zero problem. The ONLY reason to NOT allow this, is to maintain balance of the economy.

As I've stated, Toys does not in any way use this keyword. You cannot break or harm anything by removing the VendorNoSale keyword. If you are going to remove it, the only consistent solution is to remove it from ALL.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 4/3/2022 at 3:15 AM, kaiteyc said:

This doesnt seem to be working for me. I have tried several vendors and no one wants to buy. 

General traders like Belethor shuld buy items from you. Some quest like item not marked for sale, keys canot be sold. All other shuld ok to sale.

On 6/20/2022 at 9:55 AM, prometheusx said:

I can't sell Toys from the classic toybox with this mod. 

Toys coming from the main mod are working.

It would be nice, if you could add the classic ones too.

have created a a addon:

TST-Addon-ToyboxClassic.esp

This one shuld allow to sell/buy the toys from this toy box.

37 minutes ago, Unknownflames said:

I cannot for the life of me get this to work with loot, is there a guide?

yes i forget mention in the download page.
inside the pacage you download a guide how to use it.

in general to make any use of this you need a working toys framework.
NISIM need not to ower ritten by other mods expect mods i made. NISIM used to make my mods work togedher so traders sell series mods all can work nice.

finaly you need trader sell toys esp. with it most general traders start sell toys. maybe need wait re stock their inventory.

The load order can need loke like this:

<<<all the other mods that may add things to traders>>>

NISIM.esp

toys.esp

TradersSellToys.esp

[[[Addons to trader sell toys optional ]]]

if you using toy thamed mods i created addon all of the mods that add new item to game. ( at least best of my knowlage)

5 hours ago, Nonseen said:

yes i forget mention in the download page.
inside the pacage you download a guide how to use it.

in general to make any use of this you need a working toys framework.
NISIM need not to ower ritten by other mods expect mods i made. NISIM used to make my mods work togedher so traders sell series mods all can work nice.

finaly you need trader sell toys esp. with it most general traders start sell toys. maybe need wait re stock their inventory.

The load order can need loke like this:

<<<all the other mods that may add things to traders>>>

NISIM.esp

toys.esp

TradersSellToys.esp

[[[Addons to trader sell toys optional ]]]

if you using toy thamed mods i created addon all of the mods that add new item to game. ( at least best of my knowlage)

Loot wont let me move around the load order and it keeps overriding Vortex.

2 hours ago, Unknownflames said:

Loot wont let me move around the load order and it keeps overriding Vortex.

i cheked with loot and i see now the problem.

my mistake, you need delete the fallowing file in order to make loot work:
TST-Addon-KeyDropRate07.esl

not the esp that version is fine. i going re upload the mod witout this file.

thank you for drawing this error to my attention! :)

8 hours ago, Nonseen said:

i cheked with loot and i see now the problem.

my mistake, you need delete the fallowing file in order to make loot work:
TST-Addon-KeyDropRate07.esl

not the esp that version is fine. i going re upload the mod witout this file.

thank you for drawing this error to my attention! :)

Thankyou for getting back to me so quick, I thought it was my lack of knowledge

2 hours ago, Unknownflames said:

Thankyou for getting back to me so quick, I thought it was my lack of knowledge

You welcome :)

maybe other problems/littile bugs inside i have no time/resurce to test evrything out perfectly :(

if something seen pls let me know i try fix soon as possible.

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, ballsofffire0 said:

Sorry for being a pain and a newb.  however, I cannot find NSIM.esp anywhere.  (search engine perhaps not knowing what this is.)  Can somebody please point me in the right direction?  

Thanks for all of your help

Hello!

No problem:

Here is the direct link

NISIM download

This shuld be seen in the discription of the mod.

If not pls let me know!