My first conversion/port mod and first published mod, the learning process was fun, even if it took a while to figure out some of the issues I was having (another thanks to Indarello and underdone). Still, in game and working, at least on my end (female only), right now can be obtained by console or .esp explorer. Requires CBBE. Uses slot 33, needs to be combined with boots et cetera, this contains just the dress.

E: Finished mod is up, contains a recipe (3 cloth), male mesh, level list integration, and ESL options. Decided not to do the mesh edit I mentioned yet, though I might for a mashup later. Use only one ESP!

E2: Added a version converted for Fusion Girl, use one or the other.

Images
Apologies for the quality, I'm actually in the middle of another FO4 mod install.

Outfit Studio - Front

Outfit Studio -Back
In Game - Front

In Game - Back
Gallery link since the above seem to not be working atm.

Credits

AB-DCO-SteamDress2.7z

AB-DCO-SteamDress2 - Fusion Girl Conversion.7z

Edited by WesterlyIsh
Update/Finish.
2 hours ago, Bragh said:

This is pretty!  Any chance of a FG version as well?

I'm actually prepping to convert my LO to Fusion Girl (initially was using CBBE), so once that's done I'll most likely do so.

E: Took a try or two at it, bone weights on the bottom of the dress don't want to work. I'll look into using the weight brush and see if I can fix it up tomorrow.

Edited by WesterlyIsh
4 hours ago, Bragh said:

This is pretty!  Any chance of a FG version as well?

Alright, got the bone weights/vertices on the hem to cooperate finally and the FG conversion is up.

E: Apologies for the back to back post, had a ditz mome apparently.

Edited by WesterlyIsh

Fusion Girl variant's bodyslide doesn't seem to work.  In Bodyslide, the breasts increase in size with the sliders, but the dress doesn't.  I just tested it in game and when I put it on, despite building it first, my poor girl's chest got flat as a board compared to normal.

7 hours ago, Bragh said:

No, I tried it on my own character who's been FG since creation.

Odd... It might be a couple days until I get around to fixing it (my Fallout install/mods are a WIP), but I'll see what I can do. Might have just had a ditz moment and forgot to include a file in the archive or something. ?

E: Has to be a missing file in the archive if yours doesn't even work in Bodyslide... Took a quick look and mine works, I'll check it out soon. (You built the outfit in bodyslide and saved it, right?)

Edited by WesterlyIsh
17 hours ago, WesterlyIsh said:

Odd... It might be a couple days until I get around to fixing it (my Fallout install/mods are a WIP), but I'll see what I can do. Might have just had a ditz moment and forgot to include a file in the archive or something. ?

E: Has to be a missing file in the archive if yours doesn't even work in Bodyslide... Took a quick look and mine works, I'll check it out soon. (You built the outfit in bodyslide and saved it, right?)

Yes.  When I applied my preset in BS, the breasts showed normally but the top of the dress never moved, resulting in them clipping out.  I thought maybe it was BS only so I tested in-game and the result was the same, but without any breasts

Edited by Bragh
On 3/4/2022 at 4:28 PM, Bragh said:

Thank YOU!  I love most dresses I can get my mitts on for my girls.  FG has a very limited dress selection... and I have a lotta ladies on stripper poles that need nice things to wear!  XD

I'm a bloody idiot, there's no SliderGroup file, everything else is there, and presumably I accidentally made one. It's just not in the archive. I'll upload it in just a sec.

Took a quick look at it, it's fine on my end and I uninstalled the mod and installed the archive. So honestly not sure what's going on with it (unless MO2 has hidden a file somewhere, which is unlikely as I've gone over my Overwrites and whatnot quite a few times at this point). I'm going to just remake the FG conversion (or at least go back over it step by step) as soon as I get this mod set up done. Attached a screenie showing that the breast sliders work on my end... If anything the only issues that I have are the breasts if built overly large clip very slightly (increasing mesh density causes the breast cloth to make a sort of cone ish material, especially with smaller breasts and I've not looked into using Zap sliders on breasts yet... More prominent with increases in nipple size), and that with things like the bodybuilder slider up  all the way the sides of the dress appear to narrow a bit, though increasing other sliders should balance it out. 

Do you happen to have a link to the preset you use?

Edited by WesterlyIsh
I'm a ditz, duh.

Bodyslide seems to be building the meshes to the wrong folder now, or maybe it was before too.  It builds to meshes/armor/AB-DCO-SteamDress. but the file structure in the zip file shows meshes/AB-DCO-SteamDress.  It also seems to clip heavily with my preset in bodyslide, which previews better now.  After copying the newly-built files to the correct folder, I have confirmed the worst: severe clipping with my preset.  Attaching screenshots.

Spoiler

image.png.fea2aadcaa9dff481b81ea44877a34ce.png

image.png.3d4d548015cd0c3b330a91648c5498e8.png

The dress also seems to use the same equipment slot as FG shoes do, so I can't wear it with shoes.  I'd suggest it use the same 'body' slot as VTAW 5's dress does, but I'm afraid I don't actually know what slot that is.  I've also included my preset if that helps to test for clipping.

That said, it's totally understandable if you don't want to adjust this on my account.  It'd be sad to not get to use it, but understandable.  And thank you for all the work thus far and in the future.

Melsara Armored.xml

3 hours ago, Bragh said:

Bodyslide seems to be building the meshes to the wrong folder now, or maybe it was before too.  It builds to meshes/armor/AB-DCO-SteamDress. but the file structure in the zip file shows meshes/AB-DCO-SteamDress.  It also seems to clip heavily with my preset in bodyslide, which previews better now.  After copying the newly-built files to the correct folder, I have confirmed the worst: severe clipping with my preset.  Attaching screenshots.

The dress also seems to use the same equipment slot as FG shoes do, so I can't wear it with shoes.  I'd suggest it use the same 'body' slot as VTAW 5's dress does, but I'm afraid I don't actually know what slot that is.  I've also included my preset if that helps to test for clipping.

That said, it's totally understandable if you don't want to adjust this on my account.  It'd be sad to not get to use it, but understandable.  And thank you for all the work thus far and in the future.

Melsara Armored.xml 2.87 kB · 0 downloads

Unless I'm mistaken, can't you change where the file outputs to when you save in Bodyslide? If not I'll take a look at it, but think that issue can be solved with the tool. Worse case just manually move the file until I sort it out. The clipping... I hadn't accounted for more "endowed/extreme" (when it comes to sliders, most the breast sliders I tested individually or two at a time when I did the conversion) characters such as yours but can try to fiddle with increasing the mesh density and whatnot and releasing an optional patch when I have the time to do so. Only reason that I didn't in the first place was issues it seemed to cause with the mesh in general.

So, I've no issue patching it up and whatnot, it'll just have to wait until I get my mod list sorted out. If you'd prefer not to wait modifying it from this point in Outfit Studio isn't overly difficult though, just have to fiddle with your sliders and/or mesh density in spots.

E: Looking at the preset your using the shoulder strap on the character's right might have to be edited to work with larger breasts. I can make it scale to that point but dunno if it'll look stretched. Your preset is bustier than any I use, so it's hard to just look at it and estimate changes until I actually play with OS.

E2: Just remembered the bit about the shoes... Just boot it up in CK or FO4Edit and switch it to an outfit slot of your choice. For FO4Edit:

Boot up/Load Plugin you use > my esp > armor > the dress> first person flags > Change to whatever you want (currently Slot 33 - BODY).

Edited by WesterlyIsh

I can wait, and thank you for the efforts.  I don't have the kind of time to mess with OS myself these days, nor the skill with it to make a difference.  I'm just fine letting it come if it does.  Heck, I only even play FO4 maybe twice a week.

That aside, you're right I could change my version of the mod to use a different outfit slot, but that would mean anyone ELSE who also wanted to use this wonderful mod with shoes also needed to do that, and that'd lead to a series of posts to this thread that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to deal with.  Same thought for where BS saves the built files as well.  It's inevitable that even if you included in the OP that you needed to move the built files, people would still have that problem and post about it.

4 hours ago, Bragh said:

I can wait, and thank you for the efforts.  I don't have the kind of time to mess with OS myself these days, nor the skill with it to make a difference.  I'm just fine letting it come if it does.  Heck, I only even play FO4 maybe twice a week.

That aside, you're right I could change my version of the mod to use a different outfit slot, but that would mean anyone ELSE who also wanted to use this wonderful mod with shoes also needed to do that, and that'd lead to a series of posts to this thread that I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to deal with.  Same thought for where BS saves the built files as well.  It's inevitable that even if you included in the OP that you needed to move the built files, people would still have that problem and post about it.

Do shoes regularly use slot 33 (body)? I can change it pretty easily, just find that kind of odd as a lot of outfits tend to use that slot, at least with the LO I've got right now. What slot do mods typically use for dresses then/which would you recommend?

As for bodyslide files I think that's an issue that came up due to me using an instance of MO2 with my load order in progress. Should have set up a separate profile for mod work tbh... Though, that's how this LO started (I had intended to strip down some creature mod or another and tie it into level lists instead of the extra spawns it used). ?When I get everything fixed up I'll see if I can sort out why it keeps saving there, presuming I didn't fix it already on my end.

6 hours ago, WesterlyIsh said:

Do shoes regularly use slot 33 (body)? I can change it pretty easily, just find that kind of odd as a lot of outfits tend to use that slot, at least with the LO I've got right now. What slot do mods typically use for dresses then/which would you recommend?

I believe so.  Most of the mod-added outfits that I have put the body on shoes, presumably to facilitate mixing and matching of outfits.  I'm not exactly sure why.  As I said before, I sadly do not know which slot dresses DO use; just that they don't use the traditional body for the most part.

4 minutes ago, Bragh said:

I believe so.  Most of the mod-added outfits that I have put the body on shoes, presumably to facilitate mixing and matching of outfits.  I'm not exactly sure why.  As I said before, I sadly do not know which slot dresses DO use; just that they don't use the traditional body for the most part.

This started with Vanilla Fallout pre-mods, the outfits have shoes as all one piece, the body part is in the shoes.  There are some shoe mods out there that don't do this, for example there are a couple of sneaker mods that have alternate slots for the shoes (Converse is one).  But typically shoes = slot 33 in Fallout.  It's a bit weird seeing it like this coming from Skyrim.

On 3/8/2022 at 10:17 AM, Bragh said:

On 3/8/2022 at 10:26 AM, Marg597 said:

This started with Vanilla Fallout pre-mods, the outfits have shoes as all one piece, the body part is in the shoes.  There are some shoe mods out there that don't do this, for example there are a couple of sneaker mods that have alternate slots for the shoes (Converse is one).  But typically shoes = slot 33 in Fallout.  It's a bit weird seeing it like this coming from Skyrim.

Ah, I see. Hmm, I use a lot of VTAW's clothes so I'll see what they use dress wise and set it to that slot most likely. Also apologies for the delay with  the update, getting my LO sorted is taking longer than expected.

E: Intend to come back to this, though it might be a while.

Edited by WesterlyIsh