Blender or Outfit Stuido Issues; Outfit oversized

As the title states, I've recently been looking into porting stuff to F4, and I've been following this guide on YouTube by SunJeong Ch.

Everything so far has been going well, aside from accidentally killing my first mesh edit (Oop!), until I got to the point of opening the outfit in Outfit Studio. I don't know if it's because I toyed with the scale while fitting it to the body or what (I messed with the scale b/c the body was a lot larger than the dress OBJ in Blender), but an image of the results are here... If anyone can point out what went wrong (or give me some place to start troubleshooting other than attempting to simply do it over again... And again...) it would be immensely helpful.

Thank you!

22 minutes ago, WesterlyIsh said:

As the title states, I've recently been looking into porting stuff to F4, and I've been following this guide on YouTube by SunJeong Ch.

Everything so far has been going well, aside from accidentally killing my first mesh edit (Oop!), until I got to the point of opening the outfit in Outfit Studio. I don't know if it's because I toyed with the scale while fitting it to the body or what (I messed with the scale b/c the body was a lot larger than the dress OBJ in Blender), but an image of the results are here... If anyone can point out what went wrong (or give me some place to start troubleshooting other than attempting to simply do it over again... And again...) it would be immensely helpful.

Thank you!

It was previously normally scaled to F4 body? 

2 hours ago, WesterlyIsh said:

Thank you!

On the tool bar on the left, the top icon has a circle with 2 arrows. Start a new project load your cbbe reference then import your nif, select the nif in the right panel and click on the circle with the arrows. It will pop is a circle with 3 arrows, you can use the arrows to align the outfit onto the body and there's a little box on the arrow lines that lets you scale it (or vice versa).

Edited by underdone
3 hours ago, Indarello said:

It was previously normally scaled to F4 body? 

CBBE body, after I converted the .nif to a .obj so I could use it in Blender.

1 hour ago, underdone said:

On the tool bar on the left, the top icon has a circle with 2 arrows. Start a new project load your cbbe reference then import your nif, select the nif in the right panel and click on the circle with the arrows. It will pop is a circle with 3 arrows, you can use the arrows to align the outfit onto the body and there's a little box on the arrow lines that lets you scale it (or vice versa).

1 hour ago, underdone said:

Also once it's on the body if you're having a hard time lining things up perfectly you can right click the outfit.nif in the right panel and use the scale or move options to edit the XYZ numerically letting you make finer adjustments.

Huh, I used scale and positioning (numerical entries) to set it up in the first place, I'll give the tool bar a try and see if that seems to fix it. Not sure why it would, since they both alter the same values (at least I think so...). Thanks!

18 minutes ago, WesterlyIsh said:

Huh, I used scale and positioning (numerical entries) to set it up in the first place, I'll give the tool bar a try and see if that seems to fix it. Not sure why it would, since they both alter the same values (at least I think so...). Thanks!

You can try use lates BS and try variations of choice on question "transform to global coordinates?" when import/export.

Also import from obj has bug with verticles a bit fucked up with correct location, this is probably next problem you will face after this, but here is workaround:

1)load body ref

2)imoort from obj

3)paint some bone weight fully on new imported obj

4)go to body coordinates tab and copy each one of them manually on new imported obj with move to new position - yes

5)save project

More info https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/issues/429

Edited by Indarello
28 minutes ago, Indarello said:

You can try use lates BS and try variations of choice on question "transform to global coordinates?" when import/export.

Also import from obj has bug with verticles a bit fucked up with correct location, this is probably next problem you will face after this, but here is workaround:

1)load body ref

2)imoort from obj

3)paint some bone weight fully on new imported obj

4)go to body coordinates tab and copy each one of them manually on new imported obj with move to new position - yes

5)save project

More info https://github.com/ousnius/BodySlide-and-Outfit-Studio/issues/429

I believe I tried both answers on the transform to global, but will definitely recheck it when I get back to working on the project. And thanks for the added info, I'll definitely bookmark the link.

1 hour ago, WesterlyIsh said:

Yea the arrows essentially do the same thing its just must easier to move it around with the arrows instead of constantly editing the numbers  Also I don't think the numbers "save", if the outfit is at 0,0,0 and you set it to 20,20,20 save and reload it will show back at 0,0,0. I've never ported from another game but I've come across enough where the body is below the outfit and I've never had an issue fixing it this way.