In desperate need for some help

Hi everyone!

So I think I'm about to start crying soon. First off, I’m very new to using mods in general (as in I’m a complete rookie) so please bear that in mind. Now I've been trying to install some mods for Skyrim SE and well I've hit what feels like a brick wall or a dead end.

First I downloaded a bunch of mods from nexus and here (from what I understood running them with Vortex would work). I did my best to sort them with LOOT and made sure to run FNIS to check for errors (a few came up) and xEdit as well. It work fairly well but alot of the mods from here didn't really work so I looked around and found this guide:

So I did what I know fear was a big mistake and copied my saved files to another folder and uninstalled the game to try and reinstall it properly with all the mods I wanted. As of right now I can't even start the game, so needless to say I must have fucked up big time...

The error I'm getting is "Initialization failed! Main::Intialize threw an exception. See `NetScriptFramework.log.txt`file for more information. Message returned was: InvalidOperationException(Version library error:File not found (NetScriptFramework.SkyrimSE.1_6_353_0.bin)!)InvalidOperationException(Version library error:File not found (NetScriptFramework.SkyrimSE.1_6_353_0.bin)!)"

So is there anyone that can help me? Before I try and reinstall everything again... -_- I mean all I want is to play my immersive game as a big dicked orc women who runs her own mine, milkempire with household slaves. Is that really too much to ask for?

Forget that guide.

Try these:

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/136543-mod-organizer-2-other-tools-from-zero-to-hey-sexlab-is-working/

https://www.loverslab.com/topic/118460-skyrim-se-for-beginners-v-319-3bbb-hdt-smp-hph/

If you are using Vortex then you don't need to run LOOT - assuming you have not turned off Vortex's auto-sort feature. Learn how to use your mod manager and save yourself a lot of grief.

You are aware of the current 'issues' vis-a-vis SE and AE?

Thanks for the guides!

Regarding AE vs SE then yeah I've understood that they're don't go so well together.

As far as I know I never turned it off. So good to know that I can skip that step if I return to Vortex so to say. What would you say are the up- and downsides of using Vortex vs MO2?

2 hours ago, LLmodislife said:

What would you say are the up- and downsides of using Vortex vs MO2?

There aren't any. Both are powerful tools with their own quirks and both allow for the same level of high degree control over load order if one learns to use them properly. Whichever you choose is a matter of preference.

Edited by belegost
2 minutes ago, belegost said:

There aren't any. Both are powerful tools with their own quirks and both allow for the same level of high degree control over load order if one learns to use them properly. Whichever you choose is a matter of preference.

Okay. That's good to hear! Currently I'm leaning towards Vortex since it seems more user friendly.

13 minutes ago, LLmodislife said:

Okay. That's good to hear! Currently I'm leaning towards Vortex since it seems more user friendly.

I would still advise on using LOOT along with it. Though Vortex has a built in functionality of LOOT you will not be able to read any additional messages LOOT may have regarding your plugins and it often contains important information. 

Edited by belegost
1 hour ago, belegost said:

I would still advise on using LOOT along with it. Though Vortex has a built in functionality of LOOT you will not be able to read any additional messages LOOT may have regarding your plugins and it often contains important information. 

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll do that then just to be sure :)

5 hours ago, LLmodislife said:

Thanks for the advice. I think I'll do that then just to be sure :)

If you're using Vortex, you can set up plugin rules in there and have it manage them, but its a good practice to run LOOT at least once when you finish building your load order, and scroll through to see if it picks up anything. You don't need LOOT to sort it, but any warnings, reports, dirty plugins and errors can only be viewed through it.

Watch Gopher's video on installing mods via Vortex. I use Vortex, I have all of my tools run through Vortex. I run FNIS instantexecute on EVERY installed mod then I run FNIS manually from the dashboard every time I install a mod then I run SSEEdit (not TESVEdit, that is obsolete, use xEdit v4.0.4, rename to SSEEdit) then I run LOOT on EVERY SINGLE MOD. Some people will say "that's too much or you don't have to do that!", don't listen, be on the safe side and make sure each and every mod is installed correctly with the proper tools. I currently have 518 mods in my Skyrim SE 1.5.97 with SKSE 2.0.20 using Vortex and it is kicking ass with some of the best animations, really, really nice! Good luck!

Here are some pics for ya...

ScreenShot1520.png

ScreenShot1521.png

ScreenShot1522.png

ScreenShot1517.png

ScreenShot1518.png

ScreenShot1519.png