Raven's Family Traits

View File

Future Plans (Please give me some feedback as to whether or not you'd like these):

Sibling Traits (Done)

An "interactive" set of traits. (this would basically mean if you have a father with the dilfy dad trait and his daughter has the daddy's girl trait, they would get some extra buffs when near each other)

As of now Raven's Family Traits includes 6 traits you can give your sims. 

Daddy's Girl

Mama's Boy

Dilfy Dad

Milfy Mom

Sister Fister

Brother Tugger

Each of them will give your sims specific moodlets as they grow closer the their respective family member. 

The moodlets will only appear when in proximity to the family member in question (i.e. a sims father when they have the daddy's girl trait) and they will only appear for the family member the trait was designed for. (i.e. you wont get the moodlets from sister fister while walking past your mother unless you have mama's boy too.)

There are 3 stages of 3 different relationship types for each trait. Each stage adds a +5 onto the moodlet counter when near the respective family member. They are as follows: 

Types:

Romantic: Flirty

Friendship: Happy

Disdain: This one is unique, as each rank gives a different buff.

Rank 1: Uncomfortable

Rank 2: Tense

Rank 3: Sad

Stages:

Level 1 (Minor relationship-you wont even see this for friendship for long on most saves unless you decrease the green bar)

Level 2 (Moderate relationship-this is where your friendship bar will primarily be for most family members)

Level 3 (Deep relationship-this will be the "final form" of the relationship)

Becuase of how the sims handles moods and the way I set this up, the moodlets for friendship will only make the moodlets for romance stronger and the higher rank you get in disdain, the worse you'll feel. This works this way because happiness fortifies good moodlets (Like flirty) and being uncomfortable fortifes negative moodlets (Like sad and tense) 

In addition, if the respective sim dies, the sim with the trait will be DEVASTATED with a +25 sad buff any time the ghost of their fallen family member goes within proximity. This effect does not occur for sibling sims with sister fister/brother tugger. (I felt that would be too much due to parenthood adding mood swings to teen sims)

You can technically give any of the traits to any sims, and the gameplay wont be impeded by calling you daddy's girl (who's actually a boy) a girl anywhere but in the trait's name or anything like that. The main body text of the moodlets reads your sims adrogynously, so the only issue would be with the name of the trait--which you can edit with free software and 10 minutes of youtube. 

I highly recommend getting a mod that allows for more traits... Just as a general rule-but especially when dealing with trait mods like these. 

And because I know theres gonna be that *one person*... The blonde daughter is blonde because the father's mother was blonde and his father was a brunette. the blonde's mother's mother was brunette and her father had black hair. The blonde's father's sister is also blonde. And the blonde's mother has a black haired sister. This is a family line I personally created, and isnt something I think you can do in the sims normally--but it is a thing that can happen in real life. 

If you have any reccomendations for me please let me know about them, and if I can I'll try to make it happen. 

Nevertheless, I hope you're having a nice day and I hope you'll enjoy this mod. ciao!

-DISCLAIMERS-

When downloading, you can download both the "parents", "offspring", and "sibling" versions, but once I figure out how to get the "Interactive" version working... You'll have to choose between that and the regular version(s) 

Unfortunately with the software I'm usning to make these mods won't allow me to flag step parents... So if a "step family" version of this is to come out, it'll only be siblings. If you guys want that, I'll still do it, but if you don't I'm not going to. 

So it seems a lot of folks want to know how I changed "flirty" to "horny". the answer is another of my mods:

On 2/2/2022 at 5:31 AM, Helicoptercr4sh said:

Buffs seem a little strong but thats something I should be able to tweak on my own. Otherwise making this a reward trait would probably be neat

So... i tried to make them into reward traits... but i couldn't figure out how... If you've got the know how- I would definately welcome that possibility... so go ahead. If not, unfortunately they will be forced to remain as cas traits... But if you only want them as reward traits because you don't want to waste a precious trait slot, there are a few mods that allow for more traits... I personally use:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/more-traits-in-1-48204168

and https://modthesims.info/d/591706/more-cas-traits-for-sims-mod-amp-for-pets.html

for mine... im pretty sure theres a comaptability patch for therm too, but they might just work together without the need of a patch... but you canuse either on their own, or both at the same time... I definately reccomend them especially if you're going to be getting a large amount of custom traits. 

Wow, it's the ideal mod I always looking for!
But you have write the disclaimer said it actually don't need parenthood GP, because it only use the mood icon from that pack?

Would you consider using the base game icon to replace them or something to make this mod absolute base game compatible?

32 minutes ago, 00799700 said:

Wow, it's the ideal mod I always looking for!
But you have write the disclaimer said it actually don't need parenthood GP, because it only use the mood icon from that pack?

Would you consider using the base game icon to replace them or something to make this mod absolute base game compatible?

I suppose i can do that... the only icon that uses the parethood pack is actually really easily replceable... so i guess i could make a version that is bg compatible... the convivial trait icon will replace the parenthood skill icon... the only difference will be that the two people in the icon will be the same height instead of one being taller... ill let you know when i can do that... ive got a couple of things ive gotta do irl first, but once theyre done ill get on it. 

22 minutes ago, jrtheraven111 said:

I suppose i can do that... the only icon that uses the parethood pack is actually really easily replceable... so i guess i could make a version that is bg compatible... the convivial trait icon will replace the parenthood skill icon... the only difference will be that the two people in the icon will be the same height instead of one being taller... ill let you know when i can do that... ive got a couple of things ive gotta do irl first, but once theyre done ill get on it. 

Thanks! Just take your time. :D
You really do a good work!

20 minutes ago, 00799700 said:

Thanks! Just take your time. :D
You really do a good work!

Update just aired... The icons are now all base game compatible.

I actually found an identical icon to the main one i was using that was part of the base game... So it worked out well in the end. Enjoy. 

2 hours ago, dopeydopey said:

I recall other mods (like wicked perversions, for example) having traits with different names based on the sim's gender. Would it be possible to do the same thing here? Like if a male sim used the daddy's girl trait, it would be called daddy's boy instead and vice versa.

Unfortunately I dont think so... wicked perversions uses custom coding to do that... or at the very least a better software... my coding knowlege is... basically nonexistant... and i cant afford better software, so... unfortunately, unless either of those two things change, i cant do that... the best i could maybe do is add a second trait in for each that is named with the opposite sex, but it wouldnt be gender locked... so you would still be able to be a female mamas boy, despite the fact that a mamas girl trait exists... and it would clutter your trait menu a lot... if thats something you want i can try to make it happen... but if not i wont. 

On 2/5/2022 at 6:47 AM, jrtheraven111 said:

So... i tried to make them into reward traits... but i couldn't figure out how... If you've got the know how- I would definately welcome that possibility... so go ahead. If not, unfortunately they will be forced to remain as cas traits... But if you only want them as reward traits because you don't want to waste a precious trait slot, there are a few mods that allow for more traits... I personally use:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/more-traits-in-1-48204168

and https://modthesims.info/d/591706/more-cas-traits-for-sims-mod-amp-for-pets.html

for mine... im pretty sure theres a comaptability patch for therm too, but they might just work together without the need of a patch... but you canuse either on their own, or both at the same time... I definately reccomend them especially if you're going to be getting a large amount of custom traits. 

Are you using Mod Constructor? If so, make the reward object and and add in the trait as a reward. Then export. Then open package file with S4Sz get the reward object ID. Then use xml injector by Tripilis (original by the deceased Scumbumbo). They have example code on how to make a XML snippet that will allow the MC reward to be added to satisfaction store. If you use MC to generate your package, then would suggest keeping a second package file that you edit using S4Studio which contains the XML for the injection. And then use S4S to merge the two packages together. Otherwise, you would need to import the XML doc into your MC exported package file every time you export.

https://scumbumbomods.com/xml-injector/

If you use xml injector (a lot of mods use it) then that will be a required mod for users to make this work. If they don't have the xml injector mod, then it just won't get added to their satisfaction stores.

If you have any questions, you can ping me in the LL discord #the-sims channel.

Edited by sirsleepy
Typos, using phone