[Solved] Explain Like I'm 5 - DAR and animations

DAR for AE doesn't need a mod to increase the animation limit. I had missed that completely, so my 32k limit mod broke DAR. If you want to increase your animation limit just manually change it in the .ini file in DAR's mod folder:

bild.png.af89dd3c7343801225d6ac6527d9e798.png

Could someone please just explain to me what could have happened between now and the last few updates to make DAR refuse to play some animations?

I am playing on Skyrim SE 1.6.353 (aka AE), I have SKSE 2.1.5 and I have the latest DAR update that is compatible with AE and I am using the latest Address Library version. I know that DAR is independent from FNIS, but I'll mention here anyway that I am also using that.

I used to be able to see all the animations from mod such as Yogakiin, and Random Invite Animation, but now I am only able to see Aroused Creature's default invite animation and Immersive Action's five default sitting animations. I've double checked and the .hkx files and _conditions.txt files are being deployed appropriately, but there's still no showing of the modded animations.

I can get Gunslicer's animations to play if I download the LoversLab versions, which don't use DAR at all, but if I use the NexusMods versions, which do use DAR, only the walking/running animation works, but that one doesn't use DAR either.

I know DAR uses condition to determine which animations are valid to be played (the action calling the animation), and then uses a second condition to determine which of the valid animations to play (usually a random number). Somehow though DAR doesn't agree that I am meeting these conditions... ever. Even when the only condition is Random(x.x) (where x is any number).

So is DAR failing to run a check? Or is it Address Library that has cocked up? Gunslicer's sneaking condition in DAR is IsFemale() AND IsSneaking() NOT IsWeaponDrawn(). Even though I am a female PC, and I do toggle sneak and I have NOTHING equipped, I still don't use the custom sneak animation, so what gives?

Edited by dovahnurse
solved it

Maybe solved?? So, after some testing disabling pretty much EVERY mod I have apart from SKSE, Address Library, DAR and Yogakiin, by process of elimination I have discovered one culprit.

My DAR 32k animation limit mod stop all DAR animations from playing...

Let's hope that is the only one. Now I need to find a limit increasing mod that still works as I have some 19k mods running on my current set up.

• dovahnurse changed the title to [Solved] Explain Like I'm 5 - DAR and animations