how does Creature Framework SE 1.0.1 work?

Usually the last file in downloads is the newest one.

What's New in Version 1.0.1

Released October 28, 2018

Creature Framework 1.1.0-pre2A comes with the edited ESM from Fatal (Thanks!)

Fatal doesn't sound healty and there are no explanations on the mod page. I'm sure you can find out what it does in the support topic.

For SE (1.5.97) ,  You may better not to use your linked version, the SE 1.10 pre 2A or SE 1.10 ,, they are too old

I may recommend recent LE version  Creature Frame-work which MadmansGun updated for SE 1.5.97

from LE MNC link >>click download>> and select creature framework V2.0.3 7z .. do not try to download LE MNC, it not work.  you need to install MNC SE, and LE creature frame work V2.0.3

I do not play other runtime version, eg Pre AE etc,, so I can not confirm about other SE runtime version.  but about SE 1.5.97, it worked more stable to swap mesh or up-date  each creature with arousal. 

At same time,  there are many user who usually get trouble if you mix many creatuers mods.  so I strongly recommend, to play with Creature sex, you may better to read all mod description,  and understand how they work.