Please explain it to me like I'm 5 (installing BHUNP)

I went through the installation process in Vortex, ran bodyslide selecting "BHUNP 3BBB" and a preset I liked, did batch build selecting all "BHUNP 3BBB" options because I don't know what half of the options even mean. In game the body looks fine, but 1) there's no physics happening even though the mod page says there will be physics by default, and 2) there's a huge gap around the neck seam. Could somebody kindly explain to me what mods I need as a prerequisite for the BHUNP 3BBB body and what options specifically to select in BodySlide? I would prefer to use RaceMenu instead of ECE(which this mod wants to install) and HDT-SMT(which I already have installed and working with the regular UNP body) rather than whatever physics this body uses by default. Another thing is that the mod page mentions that I should install it for the player only, but without any instructions how to go about that. Do I just install the unique player body mod and not worry about it?

So sorry to ask a question you guys probably hear constantly, but it really seems that I need my hand held for this process...

I don't use BHunp so i can't really tell what you might have got wrong. But this are the listed 

CBPC and HDT. If i remember that one right, at least cbbe 3ba gave me an option for both of them, which of them should handle what kind of physics. It was just a click and 5 minutes in bodyslide to get it to work. Would be strange if Bhunp would be any different as it is by many said to be the better one.  Did you try reinstalling cbpc and hdt?

Maybe the newest AE update fucked it up again and you just have to wait till the mod updates come ? Did Steam bend you game over and shoved an update up it's ass?

And Racemenu is fine, it just alters your looks. Your main Bodys come from bodyslide.

16 minutes ago, Decèdere said:

there's a huge gap around the neck seam

Who has that seam? NPc, the player, both?

Did you install everything on an existing save and did you try starting a new one to see if there is any difference?

I actually forgot to install CBPC lol. Got that working, but the amount of jiggling is absurd. Whatever, I can work with it and lower the setting. Main problem now is the gap in neck seams for all characters using the body, except in vanilla clothes. Basically I installed CBPC(choosing Shiva body, as suggested in a tutorial I found), BHUNP(some options I'm not sure about so left at default), and Fair Skin Complexion for UNP, in that order. Then I ran BodySlide and FNIS. I'm on SE 1.5.97 and latest version of SKSE.

4 minutes ago, Decèdere said:

SE 1.5.97 and latest version of SKSE.

When you are running good old SE, then you should use an older version of skse.

2.0.20 for SE 1.5.97

Every other version is for AE or Le.

Dunno if that will fix your gape problem but it will fix problems you don't know about yet.

So the Seams are then they are dressed or naked?

If they are dressed and gaps start to happen, the clothing is simply not run in bodyslide yet. If Bhunp has not a bodyslide for vanilla outfits of its own, find you some on nexus, there should be a few.

Then run them through bodyslide with the preset you are using.

It it happens when they are naked.. New save or existing one?  If you do things with npcs, like overhauling there looks with mods like bijin, the weight is sometimes fucked up. On a new game no problem it fixes itself, on an existing save, sometimes things like that can happen and you need to weight them again one by one and disable and enable them again. Only npc´s you are already encountered tho. It's still annoying

There's a neck gap when naked or in some BHUNP clothing I have added through mods, but no gap in vanilla clothing. The weight thing is interesting because I noticed that doing the command setnpcweight 1 makes the gap go away. But a new game didn't fix anything(there's still a neck gap). The closest thing I have to an NPC overhaul is Fair Skin Complexion for UNP.

Edited by Decèdere
44 minutes ago, Decèdere said:

I actually forgot to install CBPC lol. Got that working, but the amount of jiggling is absurd. Whatever, I can work with it and lower the setting. Main problem now is the gap in neck seams for all characters using the body, except in vanilla clothes. Basically I installed CBPC(choosing Shiva body, as suggested in a tutorial I found), BHUNP(some options I'm not sure about so left at default), and Fair Skin Complexion for UNP, in that order. Then I ran BodySlide and FNIS. I'm on SE 1.5.97 and latest version of SKSE.

If neck seam is present on non vanilla clothing - its not BHUNP problem. Any armor or clothing in slot 32 ( body) overrides whatever body you have. Your problem is your armor mod, not BHUNP.

Did you tick "build body morphs" before building them in bodyslide?

Edited by nilead
1 minute ago, nilead said:

If neck seam is present on non vanilla clothing - its not BHUNP problem. Any armor or clothing in slot 32 ( body) overrides whatever body you have. Your problem is your armor mod, not BHUNP.

But it occurs when naked as well.

6 minutes ago, Decèdere said:

There's a neck gap when naked or in some BHUNP clothing I have added through mods, but no gap in vanilla clothing. The weight thing is interesting because I noticed that doing the command setnpcweight 1 makes the gap go away. But a new game didn't fix anything(there's still a neck gap). The closest thing I have to an NPC overhaul is Fair Skin Complexion for UNP.

Then your cloths simply aren't fit your for bodyshape. Its easy most cloth items come with a bodyslide file too. Look at the mod pages you got them from and see if there is something in the optional files or of the page tells you that you get a bodyslide with it.

Then you open bodyslide, go to either Outfit/body or click on the right next to the search bar the magnifying glass simybol and click groups. Many authors include their outfits in groups to make it easier to build them mid game. If not just don't use groups search for the outfits. If you do it the very first time the best way to do it is to just choose every group you can find that has clothing/armor in it. Be carefull not to select a bodypreset. in my case it would be cbbe something something body/feet ect. Not click on them. only the outfits.

under outfit/body you find the tab preset. Now you need to know which preset you are using for your main body. (you can build your own preset or load an existing one there too to change your bodypreset. Best thing would be to watch a tutorial or read a guide for bodyslide. They explain it in more detail and have pictures. Far better then what i write right now but i kinda in the mood so bear with me xD)

Hit batch buld down left and let it doe it's thing. Sometimes it asks you if there are options for specific outftis. Just click what you think is right.

When you have done it right, the gape when dressed should disappear. You might get some glitches in existing saves, at least i got them the first time so i started a new game after doing it the first time. But maybe it doesn't happen to you, was new to it as i done everything i explained and didn't knew any better.

14 minutes ago, Decèdere said:

he weight thing is interesting

The thing is, you have to know the real weight of an npc or you will get seams too. Anything lower then the real weight is mostly ok but you don't want that, you want that a women with weight 100 has bigger breasts and butts then a women with weight 0. Otherwise.. What's the point?

It only happens with overhauls and not every overhaul does it. Bijin is a prime example of the case. And most of the time, it only happens when you have already encountered the npc´s in question or the game had them loaded for some reason.

2 minutes ago, Decèdere said:

But it occurs when naked as well.

Then something is f**ked with the build.

Here is a TLDR version: BHUNP uses 2 physics options - CBPC and SMP. Switching is done by equipping an invisible "armor", you can adjust it in MCM. Different options in bodyslide are different quality. Advanced is more high poly, a bit more resource heavy.

BHUNP comes with its own physics settings, that should overwrite whatever you have, that should solve the mega jiggle problem.

As for neck seam - that one usually tied to NPC weights. BHUNP does not modify NPC weights. So while something is fucky there, you should look for perpetrator elsewhere.

Perhaps I'm using BodySlide wrong? Under Outfit/Body I select BHUNP 3BBB Advanced ver 2 and I keep everything checked in the Batch Build dialog. Then I repeated the process for BHUNP 3BBB Collision Armor SMP Player. The only other thing I can think of is that I'm selecting some wrong option(s) in the actual installer for BHUNP...

2 hours ago, Decèdere said:

Perhaps I'm using BodySlide wrong? Under Outfit/Body I select BHUNP 3BBB Advanced ver 2 and I keep everything checked in the Batch Build dialog. Then I repeated the process for BHUNP 3BBB Collision Armor SMP Player. The only other thing I can think of is that I'm selecting some wrong option(s) in the actual installer for BHUNP...

When you create the naked player bodyslide, make sure you not only choose the BHUNP body for Body/Outfit, but also (and very critically) a Bodyslide Preset designed for use with the specific body type you are using. If you just installed BHUNP, that would be presets made for BHUNP v2, not for the original, not for CBBE, not for anything but those made for BHUNP V2. This is (afaik) because the various "node names" called in their Bodyslide slider specs are particular to the given body type they support. 

Also, just to make sure, be certain you're pointing your Bodyslide output to your player meshes folder

(Bodyslide output locations can be an issue for unsuspecting players who opt for non-default - C:/Program Files/... - installation folders, since Bodyslide defaults to the default installation folder to deposit its output - C:/Program Files/.../meshes/actors/character/..., not the folder chosen by a given person for installation...)

Edited by anjenthedog
17 hours ago, anjenthedog said:

When you create the naked player bodyslide, make sure you not only choose the BHUNP body for Body/Outfit, but also (and very critically) a Bodyslide Preset designed for use with the specific body type you are using. If you just installed BHUNP, that would be presets made for BHUNP v2, not for the original, not for CBBE, not for anything but those made for BHUNP V2. This is (afaik) because the various "node names" called in their Bodyslide slider specs are particular to the given body type they support. 

Also, just to make sure, be certain you're pointing your Bodyslide output to your player meshes folder

(Bodyslide output locations can be an issue for unsuspecting players who opt for non-default - C:/Program Files/... - installation folders, since Bodyslide defaults to the default installation folder to deposit its output - C:/Program Files/.../meshes/actors/character/..., not the folder chosen by a given person for installation...)

Interesting, thanks. Is there a particular preset you're supposed to use for BHUNP? The instructions on the mod page just says "4. Build your body(Starting with BHUNP 3BBB)". I was using the Dream Girl preset, for no particular reason. I actually tried CBBE/3BBB, which seems to have an identical install process as BHUNP, and it worked fine with no neck gaps. But that mod comes with a prebuilt body so I didn't mess with BodySlide. So I think you must be right and I'm messing up the BodySlide build.

On a slightly different note, is it possible to build the regular UNP(UNP Body Renewal) in BodySlide and preserve SMP? I mean it works by default with SMP, but when I install the OldRim BodySlide files for it, convert the meshes to SSE, and rebuild the UNP body there's no more SMP. I'd be happy to stick with UNP if only I could change the body to my own preference and still have SMP, because I already have a bunch of clothing/armor mods that work for it. I just want bigger bouncing titties damn it.

7 hours ago, Decèdere said:

Interesting, thanks. Is there a particular preset you're supposed to use for BHUNP? The instructions on the mod page just says "4. Build your body(Starting with BHUNP 3BBB)". I was using the Dream Girl preset, for no particular reason. I actually tried CBBE/3BBB, which seems to have an identical install process as BHUNP, and it worked fine with no neck gaps. But that mod comes with a prebuilt body so I didn't mess with BodySlide. So I think you must be right and I'm messing up the BodySlide build.

On a slightly different note, is it possible to build the regular UNP(UNP Body Renewal) in BodySlide and preserve SMP? I mean it works by default with SMP, but when I install the OldRim BodySlide files for it, convert the meshes to SSE, and rebuild the UNP body there's no more SMP. I'd be happy to stick with UNP if only I could change the body to my own preference and still have SMP, because I already have a bunch of clothing/armor mods that work for it. I just want bigger bouncing titties damn it.

Easy big guy, easy ?

No once a clothing item has a bodyslide for your body, it doesn't matter anymore which shape it was before. It will take a appropriate shape for your bodypreset. My builded preset goes in 2 extremes, zero weight is very petite, 100 weight is very curvy, kinda like double D or even bigger. Every Bikini  i put on lyidias super hooters still looks fresh when i put it on another npc with smaller breasts. Only thing you have to look for are bodyslides for BHunp in your case. UNP Bodyslides might work too, as cbbe still work with 3ba (the only difference is that the genitals won't have physics in those, these only works for bhunp and 3ba cloths. dunno how important that is for you, for me its kinda a mood killer.)

You have a bunch of options how to deal with your body preset. You can actually download pre made presets for BHunp  from nexus and just run them for your main body and after that for your cloth. Nexus is full of presets, there is surely something there for you. No need to change the body again ?

As anjenthedog and i where trying to explain, bodyslide is not that problematic once you know where and what you have to click. Tutorials for it are there on mass.

Sorry don't want to beat a dead mule, but to be as clear as possible

The problem with using a PRESET not made for YOUR chosen body type is that they won't have the same code specs. They might work *partially* if they're in the same family, but they still won't be complying with the rules for that body unless they are Bodyslide presets designed specifically for use with that body

(CBBE >> CBBE preset, CBBE-3BBB >> CBBE-3BBB preset, BHUNP v1 >> BHUNP v1 preset, BHUNP v2 >> BHUNP v2 preset, etc)

When you build clothes or armor (slot-32 specifically, since it's the body element) , you're using the body that the armor/clothing mod author provided, which is not necessarily the one your installed for your player or some follower(s)/NPC(s). That is, it's important to remember that when you're naked and you equip a slot-32 element, (ie, you put on a "slot-32 body piece") you're actually replacing your current body with a new body and the armor it hangs on, you're NOT simply adding armor or clothes to body already there. You're actually replacing the body with the other that has its own body and clothing. How that clothing body reacts to a given preset in Bodyslide is based on its reference body, and your preset,  not your naked body and your preset, UNLESS they are using the identical body basis.

Again, always remember, when you swap a body piece (slot-32) you're swapping not only the clothing or armor, but also the body its atop, and the way that armor's own body reacts to Bodyslide is solely based on its own reference body's reaction to your Bodyslide preset's choices and underlying node names, separate and distinct from your naked body (ie defacto "naked outfit") build. (unless, again, they are the same sourced body)

Edited by anjenthedog

Just wanted to say that I got it working without the neck gap. I just reinstalled BHUNP yesterday and tried the first BHUNP preset in BodySlide and it worked immediately. Then I tried a few more presets and they worked. Then I tried BHUNP Dream Girl and.... neck gap. Apparently I had been using the one singular preset that has a neck gap. Of course it was stupid of me to not try more presets before posting this topic. I guess I assumed I was out of my league messing with these newfangled body mods with physics when I'm only experienced with the old UNP without physics. I truly appreciate all the info you guys have provided, and please excuse my impatience!

7 hours ago, Decèdere said:

appreciate all the info you guys have provided, and please excuse my impatience!

No problems and you might even got some useful information out of it for future endeavors with bodyslide. ? its funny how much variety in shape you can get with it. ?