Which version of SL Defeat is more stable?

Is Baka's version more stable than the original? I haven't modded Skyrim in awhile and I would always get random CTDs with the original Defeat. Now with the exact same mod-list minus Defeat several months later, I have not crashed since starting my new character. Defeat is such a good mod though, and its very tempting to go back to it, despite its issues. Do they both have issues, or has Baka fixed them?

I have tried alternatives like Yamete!, SL Submit, Naked Defeat, but they all have their own issues and annoyances. Defeat was so customizable and the despite the crashes, it would pretty much always work for me. 

Edited by Nohrin

I would say yes, Defeat baka version is more stable but has it's own flaws. Exhaust Animation sometimes just breaks, same with knock out. I would consider Banes Defeat version, you have to find it in the LE Thread of Defeat tho.  I am in the middle of testing it, for my purposes its good, but i only use it for Pc vs Kiddnaped npc´s and let yamate handle combatsex . So no review on that part from me.

20 minutes ago, Gukahn said:

I would say yes, Defeat baka version is more stable but has it's own flaws. Exhaust Animation sometimes just breaks, same with knock out. I would consider Banes Defeat version, you have to find it in the LE Thread of Defeat tho.  I am in the middle of testing it, for my purposes its good, but i only use it for Pc vs Kiddnaped npc´s and let yamate handle combatsex . So no review on that part from me.

I'll take a look for that version. Any idea where in the thread it is? Or would I be best off using the search bar? My problem with other defeat mods is they don't offer enough customization on what types of animations you want to play. I prefer to have group animations when possible, but the other mods either don't allow you to choose if you want group animations to play, or they do, but don't work. Yamete's bleedout feature just doesn't work for me as well, even though it has the most customization out of the non-SL Defeat "defeat mods". 

11 minutes ago, Nohrin said:

I'll take a look for that version. Any idea where in the thread it is? Or would I be best off using the search bar? My problem with other defeat mods is they don't offer enough customization on what types of animations you want to play. I prefer to have group animations when possible, but the other mods either don't allow you to choose if you want group animations to play, or they do, but don't work. Yamete's bleedout feature just doesn't work for me as well, even though it has the most customization out of the non-SL Defeat "defeat mods". 

Somewhere near the last few pages. Just look out for a user with Bane in his first half then you should find it very quickly.

Yeah i feel you, i really would like to see more group animations but as i play more aggressor then victim role, i probably never will see them without bullshiting my way through it with other mods. xD kinda made it my whole thing to combine mods with each other to at least give me what i want in some way or another.

3 hours ago, Nohrin said:

I have tried alternatives like Yamete!, SL Submit, Naked Defeat, but they all have their own issues and annoyances. Defeat was so customizable and the despite the crashes, it would pretty much always work for me. 

Off topic but wanted to note that Naked Defeat does something a bit different than SL Defeat.  I run them together on the same MO2 profile, if you set up the MCM correctly they work fine together.  

Battle Fuck is pretty good as well and I run that as a SL Defeat alternative on another MO2 profile with a different mod list.  Some things I like better about Defeat, some Battle Fuck.   I think Defeat is the better option for a male PC, Battle Fuck is pretty much a "victim" mod right now (its still developing) and I run it with a female PC.  I haven't tried Yamete!, so I can't compare. 

I use Baka's version of Defeat and it works fine.

Edited by ttts1
clarity
7 hours ago, ttts1 said:

Off topic but wanted to note that Naked Defeat does something a bit different than SL Defeat.  I run them together on the same MO2 profile, if you set up the MCM correctly they work fine together

Wasn't naked Defeat solely for Pc Defeat? Or is there a way to set it up for only npc´s ? would be interesting

1 hour ago, Gukahn said:

Wasn't naked Defeat solely for Pc Defeat? Or is there a way to set it up for only npc´s ? would be interesting

Honestly, I can't remember.  I think followers will get drawn in when you are defeated, but I think it has problems with some of the NPC vs NPC actions.  One of them recommends turning the NPC on NPC settings off for now while they work on it, I think that's Naked Defeat but not sure.

My most recent Defeat/Naked Defeat combo games were either male PC aggressor or female PC solo.  Either way, NPC vs NPC wasn't something I would have triggered in that setup recently. 

Edited by ttts1
  • 1 month later...