Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life Lich Edition

Alternate Start - Live A Deviant Life Lich Edition

View File

Once again a resurrection of a very famous mod. For those of you, who are too masochistic for the "I was attacked... " start of AS-LAL

What this mod does

When starting a new game with AS-LAL, it offers a new choice:

I am a slave and fled from my master!

When using this choice, you will start somewhere in the wilderness, tied in several Devious Devices. To earn your freedom you have to get rid of every single one of them.

What is needed

A working mod setup including these mods:

Optional

• Fuz Ro D-oh - not needed, but you won't see the answers of the statue without it (they aren't important though)

What's new / Features?

• Coded new from the ground up for AS-LAL v4+ and DD v5+
  • Indirect choice of difficulty, meaning how many Devious Devices are used
  • Placement randomly in the world, near a place where a slave master could live
  • You get a little bit of food for those survivalists out there

You will get fixed sets of Devious Devices, they are not random! This has two reasons: one, that mod is a one-time thing to have a kinky challenge at the start. And two, I can be sure that those sets work together, nothing blocks anything else and the scripts run as they should.

Credits

To be honest, I have no idea who had that idea first and if there's still another version out there that works. If there is, shame on me and if the original author comes back and wants this to be removed, I'll gladly do so.

I created this for two reasons: one, I wanted a mod with this feature of that I definitely know that it works with the latest framework versions. And two, I wanted to do something else in the Creation Kit besides scripting, just for practicing ^^

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    12/14/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    DDa, DDi, DDx, AS-LAL
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

13 hours ago, Hakuna_Matata said:

What does the "Lich Edition" part mean?

I came here expecting a tie-in with Undeath or something like that ?

Devious devices that can be locked onto dragon priests? Yes please!

That's just a silly joke, as this is the "I-don't-know-how-many-there-were-before"-th iteration of mods that  all basically do the same thing once again.

So, like a Lich necromancer, I just resurrected that idea and mod "from the grave" ^^

Some considerations I've had for the restraint sets regarding the difficulty levels:

• Currently, the novice set features a closed-back chastity belt, but no buttplug. Given this is the lowest tier as well, how about exchanging it for an open-back belt? Optionally, lose either/both of the chastity bra or the gag as well.
  • Continuing from that, I feel losing the corset from the apprentice tier and exchaning it with an either non-soulgem or basic soulgem butt plug would provide a slightly more linear difficulty curve.
  • Likewise, having the strap ring gag "upgraded" to either a panel or ball gag on the higher difficulties (adept and above) would be appropriata. I understand it might interfere with needs mods, if they are of a concern, that's why the use of a panel gag is a possibility too.
  • Alternatively, how about introducing a Legendary starting option, and bumping everything a tier up from apprentice and above (so that the current master difficutly set becomes the legendary)? This could make way for a lightened current apprentice difficulty set by removing some items, like the boots and gloves, while possibly keeping it with an open-back chastity belt.
Edited by Taki17
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 12/19/2021 at 1:54 PM, Taki17 said:

Some considerations I've had for the restraint sets regarding the difficulty levels:

• Currently, the novice set features a closed-back chastity belt, but no buttplug. Given this is the lowest tier as well, how about exchanging it for an open-back belt? Optionally, lose either/both of the chastity bra or the gag as well.
  • Continuing from that, I feel losing the corset from the apprentice tier and exchaning it with an either non-soulgem or basic soulgem butt plug would provide a slightly more linear difficulty curve.
  • Likewise, having the strap ring gag "upgraded" to either a panel or ball gag on the higher difficulties (adept and above) would be appropriata. I understand it might interfere with needs mods, if they are of a concern, that's why the use of a panel gag is a possibility too.
  • Alternatively, how about introducing a Legendary starting option, and bumping everything a tier up from apprentice and above (so that the current master difficutly set becomes the legendary)? This could make way for a lightened current apprentice difficulty set by removing some items, like the boots and gloves, while possibly keeping it with an open-back chastity belt.

Better late than never :P 

Here's a patch with the altered script, based on your suggestions

EDIT: Sorry, wrong script included, changed the patch, now should be correct ?

LiveADeviantLifePatch.7z

Edited by Mister X
Corrected script for patch
1 hour ago, Mister X said:

Here's a patch with the altered script, based on your suggestions

I appreciate you taking my suggestions, however the uploaded file seems to contain the wrong script? There only seems to be the script included that's responsible for ending the starting quest when the player first manages to get free.

Edited by Taki17