Help With Papyrus

Hello Folks

I've already asked this a few times on sexlabs main thread but I've been ignored for some reason

I have a problem where events linked with papyrus are running extremly slow we are talking sometimes

10 minutes for events to fire whether its the milk mod cursed loot mod anything that goes through papyrus

I have a great computer so It is not due to my computer is there ANYTHING I can do to just improve

papyrus performance at all ANYTHING I'm beginning to lose my mind over here as you can probably tell.

If you can help PLEASE respond I do hope I'm not being ignored even if its something extremly stupid I have missed

please help.

Sincerely Hatoc

I've Attached what I hope is the Papyrus log(the papyrus0 log isnt appering in the other folder) as for what you said about too many in the modlist yeah considering how many mods

I have that is definitely causing slowdowns to some extent though I wouldnt know how to cut down. I seem to be quite a horder of mods

PapyrusUtilDev.log

Edited by Hatoc123
1 hour ago, Hatoc123 said:

I've Attached what I hope is the Papyrus log(the papyrus0 log isnt appering in the other folder) as for what you said about too many in the modlist yeah considering how many mods

I have that is definitely causing slowdowns to some extent though I wouldnt know how to cut down. I seem to be quite a horder of mods

PapyrusUtilDev.log 1.41 MB · 1 download

That is the papyrusUtil log which is a seperate mod that sexlab (and others) use, papyrus itself is the scripting part of skyrim and needs to be enabled by adding to the skyrim.ini

The debug log is disabled by default, in order to enable it, open your Skyrim.ini file, located in /My Documents/My Games/Skyrim/ (MOD ORGANIZER USERS: When using MO, you should use the built in INI Editor option instead of manually editing this file directly.)

Add/edit the following to this file:
[Papyrus]
fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=500.0
bEnableLogging=1
bEnableTrace=1
bLoadDebugInformation=1

From -

53 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

That is the papyrusUtil log which is a seperate mod that sexlab (and others) use, papyrus itself is the scripting part of skyrim and needs to be enabled by adding to the skyrim.ini

Yep I know that and I have the settings done in skyrim.ini but the log isnt appearing do I need it in prefs and custom too? the guide doesnt seem to mention

2 hours ago, Hatoc123 said:

Yep I know that and I have the settings done in skyrim.ini but the log isnt appearing do I need it in prefs and custom too? the guide doesnt seem to mention

No if you've altered skyrim.ini located at \Documents\my games\Skyrim Special Edition it should start appearing in \Documents\my games\Skyrim Special Edition\Logs\Script (or the LE versions of those folders, works all the same regardless of which edition you have)

Edited by pinky6225
1 hour ago, pinky6225 said:

No if you've altered skyrim.ini located at \Documents\my games\Skyrim Special Edition it should start appearing in \Documents\my games\Skyrim Special Edition\Logs\Script (or the LE versions of those folders, works all the same regardless of which edition you have)

That is strange then since the ini has been changed theres just no log generated I'll try launching the game up again tommorow and see whether any logs been generated

15 hours ago, Hatoc123 said:

That is strange then since the ini has been changed theres just no log generated I'll try launching the game up again tommorow and see whether any logs been generated

Here we go the log got made this time though I'm a little concerned about the fact that It doesnt seem openable because of its size

Papyrus.0.log

13 minutes ago, Hatoc123 said:

Here we go the log got made this time though I'm a little concerned about the fact that It doesnt seem openable because of its size

Papyrus.0.log 1.08 GB · 0 downloads

lol yeah bit concerning that for 45 minutes you have 19 million lines worth of log

While i don't use it a google of the script name (dcur_sashaQuest) brings up devious cursed loot which appears to be throwing shed loads of stack dumps, looks to run from line 4206 to about line 19,883,198

Maybe try without that to check its the reason and then try the support thread for that mod

Edited by pinky6225
1 hour ago, pinky6225 said:

lol yeah bit concerning that for 45 minutes you have 19 million lines worth of log

While i don't use it a google of the script name (dcur_sashaQuest) brings up devious cursed loot which appears to be throwing shed loads of stack dumps, looks to run from line 4206 to about line 19,883,198

Maybe try without that to check its the reason and then try the support thread for that mod

What if I unselected cursed loot then made a save without it then reselected and load into that save causing it to restart might that fix the problem?

10 minutes ago, Hatoc123 said:

What if I unselected cursed loot then made a save without it then reselected and load into that save causing it to restart might that fix the problem?

Would doubt that would work tbh, i'd try a new game without it and check that you don't get the super slow papyrus issue so we know its the issue

Then to try and rescue your existing save, disable it and try and load and make a save and then use a save script cleaner ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031 ) to remove all the orphan scripts, load that save and make a new save and then re-enable devious cursed loot - imagine you will lose whatever progress you have made in that mod but it will hopefully clean out the dead scripts and allow them to load correctly

Edited by pinky6225
57 minutes ago, pinky6225 said:

Would doubt that would work tbh, i'd try a new game without it and check that you don't get the super slow papyrus issue so we know its the issue

Then to try and rescue your existing save, disable it and try and load and make a save and then use a save script cleaner ( https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/5031 ) to remove all the orphan scripts, load that save and make a new save and then re-enable devious cursed loot - imagine you will lose whatever progress you have made in that mod but it will hopefully clean out the dead scripts and allow them to load correctly

I'm back I disabled the mod loaded in made a new save then completly cleaned the save of any left over scripts then loaded back in and papyrus is defitly running far better now

which is wonderful news I thank you for your help in this you have been extremly helpful there does seem to be errors going on in the latest papyrus log but since everything is

running fine now can I assume that everything is working alright now or are these errors going to cause a problem later on.

(sorry for not reading your post earlyier I rushed ahead with my idea first before seeing yours)

Papyrus.0.log

Edited by Hatoc123
20 minutes ago, Hatoc123 said:

I'm back I disabled the mod loaded in made a new save then completly cleaned the save of any left over scripts then loaded back in and papyrus is defitly running far better now

which is wonderful news I thank you for your help in this you have been extremly helpful there does seem to be errors going on in the latest papyrus log but since everything is

running fine now can I assume that everything is working alright now or are these errors going to cause a problem later on.

(sorry for not reading your post earlyier I rushed ahead with my idea first before seeing yours)

Papyrus.0.log 1.75 MB · 1 download

Good that its working and that is a more "normal" sized log than your last one, there isn't really such a thing as a "clean/okay" log as the the normal thing is to play with it turned off so I'd suggest disabling papyrus logging as there is a bit of a performance hit from having it enabled (i.e. the time it takes to write to SSD/HDD verse keeping in RAM) so you don't really want to play with it turned on all the time (unless your using the couple of mods that rely on it being turned on which i dont think you are)

One thing you might want to do while your in the skyrim.ini file is set fPostLoadUpdateTimeMS=2000 as i think thats the only universally recommended skyrim.ini change (gives the game a bit more time to set up a cell on load) as the majority of the other skyrim.ini "tweaks" don't really work out

Edited by pinky6225
Just now, pinky6225 said:

Good that its working and that is a more "normal" sized log than your last one, there isn't really such a thing as a "clean/okay" log as the the normal thing is to play with it turned off so I'd suggest disabling papyrus logging as there is a bit of a performance hit from having it enabled (i.e. the time it takes to write to SSD/HDD verse keeping in RAM) so you don't really want to play with it turned on all the time (unless your using the couple of mods that rely on it being turned on which i dont think you are)

Oke doke I'll turn it off now thank you so much for your Patient help some people on this site lose their temper quickly when something is simple to them but not to others.

Once again thank you for your help