Plz help: I've apparently become an idiot

Does anyone live in the Western Suburbs of Chicago?  I'm at the end of my rope trying to follow the basic installation instructions for Sexout and I'm finally desperate enough to throw money at it-- what I have on a fixed income-- toward anyone to whom these instructions are more than mere nonsensical gibberish.  The examples do not match anything I actually experience, and when I appear to be on the right track, the next step(s) reveals that I haven't the faintest clue, after all, as to what's going on.  To say I'm exasperated would be to undersell the intensity of my emotional state to an amazing degree.

I had no problem modding Skyrim; but, this is a new computer and it's impossible to "roll back" a fresh installation of my "Special Edition," now rendered a useless "Anniversary Edition."  I've missed playing FONV, but, the technology has become incomprehensible to me in the intervening seven years since I last played it.

I'm even beginning to wonder if my mind has suddenly deteriorated-- other people can apparently do this, yet the instructions don't even appear to accord with reality to me.

If anyone might be available, please reply with an estimate and your hourly rate.  I have a few friends who are computer techs, but, they don't mod FONV.  I also suspect that they'd be as frustrated as I am with this stuff and I wouldn't want to be responsible for their psychiatric bills. 

Edited by Horror_Show

@dborg2:

I've gotten the game to work-- partially.  Sometimes I must restart it a couple of times for the game not to CTD; but, then, it seems to function correctly thereafter.  Some of the other stuff it does, however, makes no sense to me, at all.  If I still lived in an apartment, one of my neighbors would certainly have called the police on me by now for all of the shouting and cursing emanating from here.

For example, one of the first mods I came across was "Spunk."  I'm not yet familiar with the current crop of  FONV mods, so I tried installing it just because it was the first I found that wasn't "foundational."  I installed what I believed to be the prerequisites: SexoutNG 2-10-97 (SexoutNG 2.10.97), NVSE 6.2.4 (NVSE 5.1.2), NX 18 (NX16+) and JIP LN NVSE Plugin-58277-56-40-1637358034 (JIP53+).  When I attempted to test the mod, however, I received the message that I was using "JIP version -1," so the game was "shutting down for my own protection."

I don't know where the correct version of JIP is if I'm not using it; and I don't see how "JIP LN NVSE Plugin-58277-56-40-1637358034" becomes "JIP -1," and not-- for instance-- "JIP 56."

Not all issues I get are seemingly so well explained; at the same time, I decline to call that "well-explained," since I'm still maddeningly confused as to what the problem is supposed to be or what I am expected to do to fix it.

I am grateful beyond words for your kind offer.  I just thought I should give you some kind of idea as to what kind of issues I'm having, and if this sounds like something you might be able to tackle.

Again, sincerest thanks for your reply.  Before I burden you with my other, more baffling issues, however, I wanted to give you a chance to get your feet wet with this relatively simple one.

Very Truly Yours,

"Horror_Show"

Before we continue I have a question. Do you have a mod manager? (if not please install Mod Organizer 2 below. (ignore Skyrim, it also works for Fallout New Vegas)

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/6194

-------------

3 hours ago, Horror_Show said:

@dborg2:

I've gotten the game to work-- partially.  Sometimes I must restart it a couple of times for the game not to CTD; but, then, it seems to function correctly thereafter.  Some of the other stuff it does, however, makes no sense to me, at all.  If I still lived in an apartment, one of my neighbors would certainly have called the police on me by now for all of the shouting and cursing emanating from here.

For example, one of the first mods I came across was "Spunk."  I'm not yet familiar with the current crop of  FONV mods, so I tried installing it just because it was the first I found that wasn't "foundational."  I installed what I believed to be the prerequisites: SexoutNG 2-10-97 (SexoutNG 2.10.97), NVSE 6.2.4 (NVSE 5.1.2), NX 18 (NX16+) and JIP LN NVSE Plugin-58277-56-40-1637358034 (JIP53+).  When I attempted to test the mod, however, I received the message that I was using "JIP version -1," so the game was "shutting down for my own protection."

I don't know where the correct version of JIP is if I'm not using it; and I don't see how "JIP LN NVSE Plugin-58277-56-40-1637358034" becomes "JIP -1," and not-- for instance-- "JIP 56."

Not all issues I get are seemingly so well explained; at the same time, I decline to call that "well-explained," since I'm still maddeningly confused as to what the problem is supposed to be or what I am expected to do to fix it.

I am grateful beyond words for your kind offer.  I just thought I should give you some kind of idea as to what kind of issues I'm having, and if this sounds like something you might be able to tackle.

Again, sincerest thanks for your reply.  Before I burden you with my other, more baffling issues, however, I wanted to give you a chance to get your feet wet with this relatively simple one.

Very Truly Yours,

"Horror_Show"

Ah yes. The NVSE Extender issue. Unfortunately the original modmaker for NVSE Extender has left, but somebody improved on it.

Version 19.

-----------------

However, before you install all, I suggest actually to remove Spunk, SexoutNG and NVSE Extender and installing SOFA (Self advertisement)

it has most of the Framework mods prepared for installation and is currently completely up to date.

It does have 10 mods that I couldn't get copyright approval for to include in the mod-compilation. They are all linked in the download location.

Yes, I'm using the LL proprietary FOMM.  I also deleted Spunk as soon as it didn't work (as I do anything that doesn't work).  I also installed NX and Sexout NG, already; but I just realized a major problem I'd overlooked/ignored because I'd actually gotten sex animations to work, and the file in question is so unobtainable that I suspected it might have been rolled into one of the other files.  One of the three files I'm supposed to download is "SexoutCommonResources-Data.z01" but, NOWHERE am I told where in Hell that goddamn file is supposed to be, and I can attest that that is not for lack of trying.

The two files you linked me to have incomprehensible code names.  Am I supposed to use both of them?  Are SexoutNG and NX the only files they replace?

P.S.  Oh, and if you really want to take control of my PC and install all of this stuff yourself, that would be fine with me.  I just think I'd learn more from trying to do it myself with instructions I can follow.  I've begun to question, however, whether I'm on the downward slope of "Flowers for Algernon," and I just may not be intelligent enough to do this stuff, anymore.  If you believe that taking control of my PC may be the only way to do it, give me a time to be here to give you access. 

Edited by Horror_Show

I would suggest no longer using FOMM. It's old and it can mess up the Fallout-folders, because it places the files there, where Mod Organizer 2 keeps the files for itself and uses 'virtual'folders instead. This makes it so you can easily remove, add, and move mod-installations around.

SOFA/Sexout Framework Assortment below contains Sexout NG, NX, SexoutCommonResources, Sexout Spunk, Sexout Pregnancy, Sexout Offspring, Maternity Pack Overkill and half the resources that SexoutCommonResources needs.   Due to the size, FOMM can't handle it (FOMM can't handle 2+GB installation files)

------------------------

My Discordchannel is   https://discord.gg/sZ6SATED

it has a lot of Americans that can help you, which means we don't keep missing eachother, due to timezones.

I wish I knew I could've done that in the first place, since I was using MO2 for my Skyrim mods.  When I was researching it, though, I read that MO1 was preferrable to MO2 for FONV, and all of the tutorials recommended the proprietary FOMM instead of that.  I'm just going to nuke everything down to the bedrock, reload FONV, and start all over, again.

Oh, btw, back when the internet was relatively new and I could still get whatever screen name I wanted anywhere I went, I used Vampyre because sunlight aggravates my migraines and I spend most of my time awake at night (except to accommodate other people).  If you need me to show up at night, you're talking to the right dude. 

Edited by Horror_Show

Well, just tell me when to show up and I'll be here.  Trying to get this game to work has pissed me off so much that I'd... well, I'll just say that I'll show up. 

I installed NVSE and LOOT.  What else (if anything) do I need to install before installing SOFA?  What else will remain to be installed-- apart from unrelated environmental mods, etc.-- after I install it? 

Edited by Horror_Show
5 hours ago, Horror_Show said:

Well, just tell me when to show up and I'll be here.  Trying to get this game to work has pissed me off so much that I'd... well, I'll just say that I'll show up. 

I installed NVSE and LOOT.  What else (if anything) do I need to install before installing SOFA?  What else will remain to be installed-- apart from unrelated environmental mods, etc.-- after I install it? 

just join the Discord and say 'hi' in the support thread. You don't have to make an appointment. If I'm not there, someone else is likely there. There are about 150-200 users, friends and 'staff'.

the list of requirements is a bit long, but most are normal stuff.

NVSE, Mod Organizer 2, LOOT, JIP NVSE, NVAC, New Vegas Tick Fix, Yukichigai Unofficial Patch, The Mod Configuration Menu

And then this, because copyright...

1: Somewhere on your PC, create a "SCR Resources" folder.

2: Manually download T6M CH Raider Armor by Izumiko. Open the archive in Winrar or 7zip. Go to the data folder and drag the meshes and textures folders to "SCR Resources" folder.

3: Manually download Mantis Zero Suit Samus and More - Type 3 for NV by Primantis. Open the archive and drag the textures, meshes and sound folders to "SCR Resources" folder. Click Yes for overwrites

4: Manually download Reflex Armor S-07 for TYPE 3 a Mantis Retexture by static07 and Primantis. Open the archive and move the textures and meshes folders to "SCR Resources" folder. Click overwrite if promtped

5: Manually download Bunny Suit for Dimonized Type3 by Backsteppo. Open the archive and move the textures and meshes folders to "SCR Resources" folder. Click Yes for overwrites

6: Manually download Ghost Armor Conversion FNV Revamp by Ken1945 - Bunsaki – Rikai. Open the archive and move the textures, meshes and sounds folders to "SCR Resources" folder. Click Yes for overwrites

7: Bouncing Breasts Type 3 Armors by revang. Manually download Pack 1, Pack 2 and BB Sexy Sleepwear. Open the 3 archives and copy the meshes and textures folders of each archive to "SCR Resources" folder. Click Yes for overwrites

8: Manually download Ghost Variants by Brokencrash. Open the archive and move the textures, meshes and sounds folders to "SCR Resources" folder. Click Yes for overwrites

9: Manually download T6M Competition Swimsuit NV by Shimaneko. Open the archive and move the textures, meshes and sounds folders to "SCR Resources" folder. Click Yes for overwrites

10: Skipped...

11: Verify that the "SCR Resources" folder contains 3 folders, Meshes, Sound, Textures and nothing else (NO ESP files!!). Zip, RAR or 7ZIP the "SCR Resources" folder and load it as a mod in Mod Organizer 2.

*** We can help you go through each step in the Discord server.

Hey-- just missed you by 18 minutes this time.  But, it looks like I've got a lot to do, now. 

For the tick fix, a requirement is DirectX End User Runtime.  For that software's installation it states the following:

Supported Operating System

Windows Server 2008, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows 7, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista

I'm using Windows 10 Pro (obviously absent from that list).  Is the DirectX End User Runtime required for the tick fix still compatible with my OS?

Mantis Zero Suit Samus and More - Type 3 for NV : No longer present.

Edited by Horror_Show
4 hours ago, Horror_Show said:

Hey-- just missed you by 18 minutes this time.  But, it looks like I've got a lot to do, now. 

For the tick fix, a requirement is DirectX End User Runtime.  For that software's installation it states the following:

Supported Operating System

Windows Server 2008, Windows XP Service Pack 3, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 1, Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2, Windows 7, Windows XP Service Pack 2, Windows Vista

I'm using Windows 10 Pro (obviously absent from that list).  Is the DirectX End User Runtime required for the tick fix still compatible with my OS?

Mantis Zero Suit Samus and More - Type 3 for NV : No longer present.

This version of DirectX is not needed.

-----

The link changed. It's now

https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/38776

Thanks for the notification. I will change it in the links

Edited by dborg2

Should I run Tick Fix's dxwebsetup.exe?  Also, a message flashed by stating that most of its features were turned off by default and that they recommended going into some .ini file to address that.  Is that necessary? 

FUCK!  FUCK!  FUCK!

I obviously never created an account on your website, before-- I never even heard its name until I clicked on the link.  But, when I tried to create a pw, I was told that my email address already had a password, and I sure as Hell didn't know it.  Once, I was given a chance to reset it; but, not knowing if it was my Google pw, my YouTube pw, or WHERE in Hell it was assuming it had my pw, I tried to keep guessing pw's so I wouldn't have to change another one of them.  Now, I'm no longer offered the chance to recover my pw, anymore.  I'm just locked the fuck out of the goddamned thing! 

I'm really stumped as to how your site could have my email address associated with a pw... I never associated my main, personal email address with LL until a few days ago.  I keep thinking that it must be something like how some sites are co-owned by other sites, and changing my pw on one inadvertently changes it on another, as well.  That's why I was hesitant to reset it-- I might unexpectedly find myself locked out of some other site.  I have a text document on which I record all of the websites and associated pw's I've ever used.  I created an entry and pw for your site this evening, but, of course, never got a chance to use it. 

Oh, bloody Hell!

I started using FOMM because MO1 didn't have any ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated button.  Apparently, that's why my body has raggedy black underpants that don't come off.  I did some searching online, and it seems that everyone who tries to use MO2 instead of FOMM runs into the same problem.  Since you're somewhat an expert, HOW DO I MAKE A CHARACTER TOTALLY NUDE, WITHOUT RAGGEDY BLACK UNDERPANTS?  The explanations I read online were so far over my head that I couldn't begin to comprehend them, and even they couldn't agree as to what to do.  I'd rather fuck around with FOMM than look at those hideous black underpants anymore!  ARRRRGH! 

I thought I was good to go; but what good is playing a game with sex mods if your 'toon can't even get naked? 

Edited by Horror_Show
53 minutes ago, BADshadow said:

you need to replace Tick fix with stutter remover, also where was this message? in game?...I know when you dont have spunk mods deactivate features that rely on it.

Wait wait. Tick fix is good... Stutter remover bad.

You can run the dxwebsetup.exe. It won't install if already previously installed

Edited by dborg2
13 hours ago, Horror_Show said:

I obviously never created an account on your website, before-- I never even heard its name until I clicked on the link.  But, when I tried to create a pw, I was told that my email address already had a password, and I sure as Hell didn't know it.  Once, I was given a chance to reset it; but, not knowing if it was my Google pw, my YouTube pw, or WHERE in Hell it was assuming it had my pw, I tried to keep guessing pw's so I wouldn't have to change another one of them.  Now, I'm no longer offered the chance to recover my pw, anymore.  I'm just locked the fuck out of the goddamned thing!

Just an information: if you are referring to the Discord channel, if you had troubles with it, well... if it can help you, you can eventually join it without subscribing, so without needing a password. It asks you for a username and it won't be persistent, it's just for that time until you'll close the browser, so you can't add friends etc. and it could be perfect for cases when you only need to ask informations in an easy way and you don't want to get sucked by one of the biggest time sinks I've met in the latest years, probably at the second place only to Candy Crash...

Thx for the replies everyone-- I really appreciate them.  But, what do I do about the fact that my 'toon can't get nude in a game with sex mods?  I'm thinking about just going back to FOMM and reducing the number of mods I use if I have to spend another second looking at those hideous, raggedy black underpants.  Is there no way to use ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated with MO2, or any other work-around that would accomplish the same thing?  I'd like to install a different body-- the default one looks weird to me.

Also, I went to the Discord, but I'm such a dumbass that I couldn't figure out what I had to press to type a message. ?

Edited by Horror_Show
2 hours ago, Horror_Show said:

Thx for the replies everyone-- I really appreciate them.  But, what do I do about the fact that my 'toon can't get nude in a game with sex mods?  I'm thinking about just going back to FOMM and reducing the number of mods I use if I have to spend another second looking at those hideous, raggedy black underpants.  Is there no way to use ArchiveInvalidationInvalidated with MO2, or any other work-around that would accomplish the same thing?  I'd like to install a different body-- the default one looks weird to me.

Also, I went to the Discord, but I'm such a dumbass that I couldn't figure out what I had to press to type a message. ?

In mod orgnaizer 2, when you get the details for the profiles:

afbeelding.png

Yup, that did the trick.  Thanks SOOOOOO MUCH for all of the help.  There's no way I would've gotten through all this without all of your help.  THIS is what should be posted as a guide.  

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I should have known that, difficult as this was to accomplish, resolving my problem was too easy to be true.  Idk WHAT the fuck is wrong; but I can't play longer than about 5 minutes without CTD.  I have a terabyte of SSD and an ASUS RTX 3070 GPU; but I keep crashing with layered messages telling me that I ran out of memory just trying to get through the front doors of the FONV rocket facility.  I've crashed so many times, now, that I have to concede that it's IMPOSSIBLE for me ever to enter that motherfucking building!

This PC has an 8-core processor, but it can't do what my old 4-core did with a GTX 1070 GPU.  Granted, it wasn't carrying the mod load that this one is; but, that's no excuse when everyone else is playing this shit just fine.

WTF is wrong here?  Is my PC defective?  I'm barely running any mods beyond the recommended ones for SOFA.  The few I used to use previously that I had activated, I disabled and my performance has not improved, at all.  Before I contact the guy who's responsible for building this thing and tearing him a new one, is there any potential cause apart from defective hardware to explain why my new, supposedly higher-end PC is sucking so hard at running a game that came out well over a decade ago, mods or no?

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________

For completion's sake, I finally got all of this stuff sorted out on dborg2's channel. ?

Edited by Horror_Show