Color of head and body do not match

Does someone know if this is normal? I mean its ok but obviously it would be great if both parts would match the color.

Currently i am using UNP and Fairskin. What could cause this anyway? I am not sure.

ScreenShot0.jpg

I think there has been some discussion of something similar about "seams".  I think someone was talking about this in the past couple of weeks and some people replied, but I don't didn't really read it.  Post is here: 

I don't use UNP.  I do use Fair Skin and have never had this problem.  Sorry I can't be of more help.

7 minutes ago, wutpickel said:

@ttts1 Thanks.

I am not sure. I have to check my installation of mods that change skins.

Perhaps i am very picky. :)

Where did you get the face and body?

IF the face came with an original body, then push come shove, its native body texture tonality should match the face texture, so as long as you're using the same "body family" ( ie, CBBE or UNP family... ex: UNP family includes UNP UUNP, BHUNP , BHUNP v2, etc) you can download the mod to a dummy folder, open it, then transfer its native textures to your female textures folder to replace the textures that aren't matching. (edit: of course after you archive the body textures currently residing there to prevent regret downstream if you want them for whatever reason)

If not... you're *probably going to have to play Photoshop games to balance the face and body texture skin tone.

Edited by anjenthedog
added stuff

@anjenthedog Well, i am using the Baka version of UNP remastered. For skin i am using Demonia skin. Currently i am not using a unique player (total unique does not work with UNP out of the box).

I already seen that i installed mod(s) that i should not. So i removed them. For example Expressive FaceGen advises against Enhanced Female Head Mesh. Of course i had it loaded.

So dummy at work.
Let me fix that first and see if that fixes it.

Before i had Caliente installed which i had to remove. It was just so natural to have it. Weird, isn't it?

i fixed it.

First, i discovered that the author of Demonia Skin is banned. So there weren't any updates.

So i chose Pure Skin. This seemed to work.

Also, made some changes with the load order. Though i did before. But i had to read really hard to not miss anything. Also some configs for ENB. That was with Baka UNP body.

So it looks better now.

ScreenShot7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/1/2021 at 10:23 AM, wutpickel said:

i fixed it.

First, i discovered that the author of Demonia Skin is banned. So there weren't any updates.

So i chose Pure Skin. This seemed to work.

Also, made some changes with the load order. Though i did before. But i had to read really hard to not miss anything. Also some configs for ENB. That was with Baka UNP body.

So it looks better now.

ScreenShot7.jpg

I have a very subtle discoloration that's less severe than what you posted in the 1st screenshot. I am also using CBBE 3BA with the pure. I notice on light skinned characters it doesn't look too bad but on darker characters it is much more visible. What ENB/ENB settings did you change? I disabled AO completely but still have some issues using Silent Horizons for Obsidian Weathers.

I wouldn't get too involved with ENB settings. To avoid texture mismatches generally you need to ensure that the four head textures and the four body textures all come from the same mod, e.g. the Pure of Fair Skin etc. It is possible to pick and mix from different skin mods but the results will vary.

I would say 'usually' but these are other causes.

On 12/1/2021 at 3:26 PM, Tlam99 said:

Usually mismatch texture path's in esp and nif's

Honestly, i do not remember anymore.

But i think it was a head mesh from a different mod that was not compatible.

One reason was for sure in my case, that i had still some CBBE stuff installed that i should not.

So uninstalled Caliente and that head mesh.

Ah, i found it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35785

This is the mod i am using and it states not to install that head mesh i mentioned which i had. Dummy me.

Forgot to mention. The enb i did not change at that game play. After. Not sure, but i do not think that it would had any consequences relating to the character.

5 hours ago, wutpickel said:

Honestly, i do not remember anymore.

But i think it was a head mesh from a different mod that was not compatible.

One reason was for sure in my case, that i had still some CBBE stuff installed that i should not.

So uninstalled Caliente and that head mesh.

Ah, i found it.

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/35785

This is the mod i am using and it states not to install that head mesh i mentioned which i had. Dummy me.

Odd I'm using that mod but not the head mesh just the racemenu plugin. I only have SOS CBBE and 3BA Installed as far as body mods. I had racial body morphs but thought that was causing the issue, removed it but no dice.

5 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

I wouldn't get too involved with ENB settings. To avoid texture mismatches generally you need to ensure that the four head textures and the four body textures all come from the same mod, e.g. the Pure of Fair Skin etc. It is possible to pick and mix from different skin mods but the results will vary.

I would say 'usually' but these are other causes.

Any idea what form or editor ID I would be looking for in order to solve this? I'm assuming I'd just need to edit the nif files I build in bodyslide or the record in an esp?

So the first two pictures here are with enb onScreenShot47.png.f70fdcb855923d54a415763692e5e15f.png

ScreenShot51.png.82f810693c7984a453d258d69baa11ee.png

These two are without enb or interior light mods with the LO Plugins Modlist etc I have posted. Also I took a screenshot of my sseedit, doesn't look like any of the file paths for skin textures are irregular or going to a wrong place. I don't have an alternative head mesh installed.... Really scratching my head here.

ScreenShot54.png.1381aeffc0ebee55d95daf4343ba5b1a.pngScreenShot55.png.23ddd4605613b6e98ef272b940ad31d5.png

Capture.PNG

loadorder.txt modlist.txt