Absolutely No Naked Comments

Absolutely No Naked Comments

View File

What is it?

This is an ESL-flagged ESP whose main purpose is to disable all naked comments if you choose for your character to wear nothing in their adventures throughout Skyrim and don't want to hear NPCs whining about it.

As a side feature, if you do want naked comments, this also updates naked comments so that they won't be said by a character who is themselves naked.

As another side feature, it adds a faction that is forbidden from making naked comments, so someone can build off it to selectively disable naked comments without forbidding the NPC from all world interactions if they want.

Didn't somebody else already make this?

The mod on the Nexus is gone and didn't disable all of the naked comments. Every other mod I've seen that does this also only disables some of the naked comments and misses the ones that are triggered by the Story Manager, so when you walk into a room you can still get them.

And if anyone else has made a mod that lets you keep them but stops the silliness of naked characters complaining about you being naked, it's escaped my notice.

How to use it?

Just install the mod with a mod manager or drop it into your Data directory and enable it, and then...

If you DON'T want naked comments...

You don't need to do anything. The mod by default disables all naked comments.

If you DO want sensible naked comments...

You will have to use console commands for now. I was too lazy to make an MCM for it for right now. Just enter this in the console to turn the naked comments back on:

set ANNCEnableNakedComments to 1

They should start happening again. You don't need to do anything to prevent naked characters from making naked comments. That's already built in.

Is this compatible with LE?

Use at your own risk. I built it with the Skyrim SE Creation Kit (so it's Form 44) and didn't test it at all with Skyrim LE. It would probably work, but I'm not promising it or supporting it officially.

Is this compatible with other mods that do stuff with naked comments?

Not if they edit the WICommentNaked or WIChangeLocation01 quests. If they edit the dialogue lines themselves, they'll probably be fine. I didn't test it for compatibility with any specific mods.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    11/11/2021
  • Category
  • Requires
    Skyrim SE
  • Regular Edition Compatible
    No

I don't want naked comments if I'm wearing something than covers the genitals of my character. I have clothes and armors, than covers this part and receive naked comments. But I want naked comments if i'm wearing something than don't covers the genitals of my character.   That mod do this? Or can make something like this?

18 hours ago, maxsssnake said:

I don't want naked comments if I'm wearing something than covers the genitals of my character. I have clothes and armors, than covers this part and receive naked comments. But I want naked comments if i'm wearing something than don't covers the genitals of my character.   That mod do this? Or can make something like this?

This uses the same system that vanilla uses to test for nakedness. If you are wearing anything that has the keywords ArmorCuirass or ClothingBody you're dressed. If you're not then you're naked.

It does not currently have a system for marking clothes as "revealing" the way SoS does. I'm not opposed to the idea of expanding on it, but my main reason for making this was that I didn't know of any mods that got rid of all of the naked comments or that made naked characters not say them. 

6 hours ago, ruddycray said:

This uses the same system that vanilla uses to test for nakedness. If you are wearing anything that has the keywords ArmorCuirass or ClothingBody you're dressed. If you're not then you're naked.

It does not currently have a system for marking clothes as "revealing" the way SoS does. I'm not opposed to the idea of expanding on it, but my main reason for making this was that I didn't know of any mods that got rid of all of the naked comments or that made naked characters not say them. 

Ok.  I was thinking than works checking the slots are you wearing. If I'm wearing something in the slot of genitals, consider I'm no nude.

Edited by maxsssnake
  • 2 months later...

There is something, than works checking the slots are you wearing? If I'm wearing something in the slot of genitals (SOS and Calientes in Skyrim SE) consider I'm no nude.

I have armors (Only show the face with full equipped) but when I'm wearing, I'm recive the nude coments from NPCs

Edited by maxsssnake

I have around 100 mods of dresses, clothes and armors. And don't like me recive the nude comments if my character it isn't nude. If is nude, the nude comments are ok for me, is a warning, but if i wear something and it's not from base game, in some outfits recive the nude comments too, and I'm wearing something.

Can you make something than check the slots (numbers) of genitals, and if you are wearing something in this slots, don't recive the naked or nude comments? And in the other cases you recive that comments.

Or something than you Only recive naked or nude comments when you don't wear anything.

Edited by maxsssnake
1 hour ago, maxsssnake said:

I have around 100 mods of dresses, clothes and armors. And don't like me recive the nude comments if my character it isn't nude. If is nude, the nude comments are ok for me, is a warning, but if i wear something and it's not from base game, in some outfits recive the nude comments too, and I'm wearing something.

Can you make something than check the slots (numbers) of genitals, and if you are wearing something in this slots, don't recive the naked or nude comments? And in the other cases you recive that comments.

Or something than you Only recive naked or nude comments when you don't wear anything.

Can you give me an example of one of the mods you are using? I could look into it but can't promise anything at this point.

1 hour ago, maxsssnake said:

Your mod works fine. I don't recive nude or naked comments. I'm speaking if you know another mod, or can create another mod than the behaviour were like I explained before.

I don't know of another mod. I will need an example mod to play with to tell you whether it would be possible for me or I'd be willing to do anything.

23 hours ago, ruddycray said:

I don't know of another mod. I will need an example mod to play with to tell you whether it would be possible for me or I'd be willing to do anything.

Ok. I'll see it. And I'll said  you something. But I have a lot of mods of armour, dresses, bikini, clothes, etc...  (156)  And some mods have a pack of 50-100 different armors or clothes. Need time to see it, be patient. I haven't got much time for play. I not sure if I uninstalled all the armors and clothes with that problem, but remember equipping a lot of things and receive that kind of comments. The last weeks I was playing with a bikini than have the most high protection in my game and is cool.

Edited by maxsssnake
  • 1 month later...

Prove this 

In the abandoned prison, you find a chest of the ancient assassin,  inside can find the ancient assassin armor, and the rest of equipment and two powerful weapons. Equip all the equipment and go to the city, I received the nude comments. I try to find others mods or armors in the same case but i haven't got enough time for nothing. In the past i edit some armors, I don't know if this affect.

Edited by maxsssnake
16 hours ago, maxsssnake said:

Prove this 

In the abandoned prison, you find a chest of the ancient assassin,  inside can find the ancient assassin armor, and the rest of equipment and two powerful weapons. Equip all the equipment and go to the city, I received the nude comments. I try to find others mods or armors in the same case but i haven't got enough time for nothing. In the past i edit some armors, I don't know if this affect.

I'll take a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok thanks. I'm reinstaled SSE. And reinstalled some mods. Now I'm reinstalling the rest of the mods, but not all. Because in the past I install all than liked me. Now I'm trying to install the less mods for the best performance and for the less changing my new installation, comparing with the old installation. Trying to balance performance using the much number of mods than i used in the old installation for the new installation, but not all.  Some mods of clothes, weapons, armors, followers, physics, animations, landscapes, details, and mods than change the behaviour, mods than change the default outfits of NPCs for better clothes and armors, immersion and overhaul... And a lot of New Lands.

When finish, I must use the BS for make the outfits, because some outfits if i don't do the BS, they appears transparent, the outfit and the body. And i have the lack, than I haven't time. I haven't got enough free time for do this, and others things than i want to do too. :sad: Sorry.

Edited by maxsssnake
  • 1 month later...
On 2/20/2022 at 3:23 PM, ruddycray said:

I'll take a look.

Look this too https://www.patreon.com/posts/dishonerd-2-hdt-30306570

This is an outfit, than I don't edited it, my character are all clothed, less head. And receive the naked comments. (Your mod are disabled, of course) This is an outfit example, when the character are all covered, and receive the naked comments.

Edited by maxsssnake
On 2/20/2022 at 9:23 AM, ruddycray said:

I'll take a look.

Don't bother. I didn't add the keywords to the armor form which is why he's getting comments.

On 4/6/2022 at 5:06 PM, maxsssnake said:

Look this too https://www.patreon.com/posts/dishonerd-2-hdt-30306570

This is an outfit, than I don't edited it, my character are all clothed, less head. And receive the naked comments. (Your mod are disabled, of course) This is an outfit example, when the character are all covered, and receive the naked comments.

Do it yourself, bro. TESVEdit isn't that hard to use. Especially for someone with the knowledge and ability to mash together 600+ mods in a single load order.

Just load up my mod, go to the armor form, and add the armor body or clothing body keywords. Simple. You could do it for every mod you need in like 5 minutes, without needing

to wait for others to do it for you.

23 hours ago, Trykz said:

Don't bother. I didn't add the keywords to the armor form which is why he's getting comments.

Do it yourself, bro. TESVEdit isn't that hard to use. Especially for someone with the knowledge and ability to mash together 600+ mods in a single load order.

Just load up my mod, go to the armor form, and add the armor body or clothing body keywords. Simple. You could do it for every mod you need in like 5 minutes, without needing

to wait for others to do it for you.

I only posting examples for ruddycray, for if he or she want see it and tested.

If you are thinking than we are talking to change, or edit your mod. You are wrong.

I asked before, if there are a mod than when i wear something, whatever, I don't recive the naked comments, (and only receive the naked comments, when I don't wear anything, or at least when I don't covering the genitals), because there are some mods than if i wear all full equip I recived that kind of commets. And he or she asked me for exemples. 

Now than you know it, it's all ok?

Please don't take this like a offence. Like me a lot your mod. Probably I can do the things you exposed, or not,  I don't know it, I never used the TESVEdit for do something like this. My apologies, it isn't my intention disturb at you, and sorry if this was the effect.

10 minutes ago, maxsssnake said:

I only posting examples for ruddycray, for if he or she want see it and tested.

If you are thinking than we are talking to change, or edit your mod. You are wrong.

I asked before, if there are a mod than when i wear something, whatever, I don't recive the naked comments, (and only receive the naked comments, when I don't wear anything, or at least when I don't covering the genitals), because there are some mods than if i wear all full equip I recived that kind of commets. And he or she asked me for exemples. 

Now than you know it, it's all ok?

Please don't take this like a offence. Like me a lot your mod. Probably I can do the things you exposed, or not,  I don't know it, I never used the TESVEdit for do something like this. My apologies, it isn't my intention disturb at you, and sorry if this was the effect.

No worries. I only offered a solution for an issue you are having that only I can fix (not just for you, but anyone who uses Ruddy's mod with mine).

If you'd like to attempt it yourself (for your copy of my mod), feel free. I care not what others do with my mods for their own loadouts. I only stir up

when they modify and post things for others without my permission. Which isn't what you're looking to do. If I have time next weekend, I'll load the

ESM into TESVEdit and whip up a fixed ESM that anyone can download from here.

On 4/11/2022 at 11:08 PM, Trykz said:

No worries. I only offered a solution for an issue you are having that only I can fix (not just for you, but anyone who uses Ruddy's mod with mine).

If you'd like to attempt it yourself (for your copy of my mod), feel free. I care not what others do with my mods for their own loadouts. I only stir up

when they modify and post things for others without my permission. Which isn't what you're looking to do. If I have time next weekend, I'll load the

ESM into TESVEdit and whip up a fixed ESM that anyone can download from here.

Ok thanks.

A clarification, when I told ruddycray the mod I was looking for, just after he or she asked me for examples. I deactivated ruddycray's mod to find those who gave me the naked comments. I believe that before disabling ruddycray's mod, your mod did not give messages of this type (if using both mods) Although right now I'm not 100x100 sure. Probably you don't need make any changes at your mod.

Cheers

• 3 months later...

Works more often than the other one I used to use (No Naked Comments), but it still doesn't work 100% of the time.  Mostly the times it doesn't work are when I'm indoors and some passerby comments on my "putting on a show."  What prompted me to come and mention this just now was that orc smith in the mod "Realm of Lorkhan" who came up behind me while I was making armor and told me he's "seen enough."  I wanted to turn around and kill him, but I think he's essential (few things burn me up quite as badly as someone yelling at me for not doing something when I'm in the process of doing it). 

I would love to find a mod that completely removes all naked comments from the game, even if it was only one that removed all the audio files themselves so they CAN'T say them at all... provided it doesn't break the game, of course.  But this is a Bethesda game, so it isn't likely that it would ever be that simple.

It's details like this that make me miss Oblivion.  You could run around with everything hanging out and no one would say a word about it.

Edited by DragonGamer553
1 hour ago, DragonGamer553 said:

Works more often than the other one I used to use (No Naked Comments), but it still doesn't work 100% of the time.  Mostly the times it doesn't work are when I'm indoors and some passerby comments on my "putting on a show."  What prompted me to come and mention this just now was that orc smith in the mod "Realm of Lorkhan" who came up behind me while I was making armor and told me he's "seen enough."  I wanted to turn around and kill him, but I think he's essential (few things burn me up quite as badly as someone yelling at me for not doing something when I'm in the process of doing it). 

I would love to find a mod that completely removes all naked comments from the game, even if it was only one that removed all the audio files themselves so they CAN'T say them at all... provided it doesn't break the game, of course.  But this is a Bethesda game, so it isn't likely that it would ever be that simple.

It's details like this that make me miss Oblivion.  You could run around with everything hanging out and no one would say a word about it.

You might have a conflicting mod. The quest that triggers that comment shouldn't even be able to start, but if something else messes with the same quest it might override what this mod is doing.

Just to be sure, you didn't turn ON the naked comments by mistake with the console command in the description, did you? This mod has two running modes: one that forbids all naked comments, which is how it works by default, and one that allows them except from naked NPCs.

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/20/2022 at 8:57 PM, ruddycray said:

You might have a conflicting mod. The quest that triggers that comment shouldn't even be able to start, but if something else messes with the same quest it might override what this mod is doing.

Just to be sure, you didn't turn ON the naked comments by mistake with the console command in the description, did you? This mod has two running modes: one that forbids all naked comments, which is how it works by default, and one that allows them except from naked NPCs.

No, I didn't do that. 

I might have one, I don't know.  I have like 230 mods, so figuring out exactly which one (if any) is causing such a conflict would be hard enough if I knew what I was doing.  Unfortunately, I know how to install mods but not how to figure out where conflicts are, etc.

On 8/6/2022 at 9:57 PM, DragonGamer553 said:

No, I didn't do that. 

I might have one, I don't know.  I have like 230 mods, so figuring out exactly which one (if any) is causing such a conflict would be hard enough if I knew what I was doing.  Unfortunately, I know how to install mods but not how to figure out where conflicts are, etc.

You could at least make sure this one is last in your load order. If it's still happening in that situation, then the problem would probably be in this mod, but I use it myself and haven't heard lines like the one you're talking about since I made it.

• 6 months later...

I've been trying to edit WICommentNaked conditions to work with other HasWornKeywords so that ArmorCuirass/ClothingBody with SOS_Revealing/EroticArmor keywords get recognised as being naked. Can anyone help me with this:

Spoiler

image.png

Edited by hotrack