Sexout causing load time lag.

I've just about got my issues resolved.  Been smooth playing for a few hours.  Then I started to notice lag when trying to loot.  When I die, I can take 10+ minutes to load the save.  Hitting [Esc] takes a long while to respond as well.

When I disable all Sexout mods and plugins, the issue is gone.  I've disabled all the *.esp but left the *.esm files active and the issue persists, albeit slightly lessened.  I cannot think of how to test further beyond this, as Sexout.esm and SexoutCommonResources.esm are required for the other to run.   Any advice on how to proceed would be welcome.

Active Mod Files:

00  falloutnv.esm
01  DeadMoney.esm
02  HonestHearts.esm
03  OldWorldBlues.esm
04  LonesomeRoad.esm
05  GunRunnersArsenal.esm
06  ClassicPack.esm
07  MercenaryPack.esm
08  TribalPack.esm
09  CaravanPack.esm
0A  Sexout.esm
0B  SexoutCommonResources.esm
0C  SexoutSlavery.esm
0D  SexoutLegion.esm
0E  SexoutStore.esm
0F  msexBase.esm
10  FreesideOpen.esm
11  FOOK - New Vegas.esm
12  FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esm
13  MoMod.esm
14  NVEC Complete + NVCE.esm
15  NVEC BugFixes + NVCE.esm
16  AWorldOfPain(Preview).esm
17  NSkies URWLified.esm
18  NVInteriors_Core.esm
19  NVInteriors_ComboEdition_AWOP.esm
1A  NVInteriors_Urban_Edition_AWOP.esm
1B  Interior Lighting Overhaul - Core.esm  [Version 6.5]
1C  Primary Needs HUD.esm
1D  Project Nevada - Core.esm
1E  rePopulated Wasteland.esm
1F  WARZONES - Misanthropy Pure.esm
20  Weapon Mod Expansion.esm
21  WME - GRA.esm
22  WME - DLCs.esm
23  ELECTRO-CITY - CompletedWorkorders.esm
24  ELECTRO-CITY - Highways and Byways.esm
25  aHUD.esm
26  iHUD.esm
27  RHKGilbertCompanion.esm
28  MikotoBeauty.esm
29  UWHNV-Core.esm
2A  DWCNV.esm
2B  jokristinascloset.esm
2C  SpeedE Wheels Travel Systems.esm
2D  CASM.esp
2E  Further3rdPersonCamera.esp
2F  FreesideOpenPatch.esp
30  Readius_NV.esp
31  The Mod Configuration Menu.esp  [Version 1.5]
32  The Weapon Mod Menu.esp  [Version 1.2]
33  MikotoBPWastersOverhaul.esp
34  NV Interiors - El Ray Motel.esp
35  NV Interiors - West Vegas Fringe.esp
36  NV Interiors - Cottonwood Cove.esp
37  UWHNV-Addon-DLC.esp
38  UWHNV-Addon-GRA.esp
39  UWHNV-Addon-FollowerHome.esp
3A  FOOK - New Vegas.esp
3B  FOOK - New Vegas DLCs.esp
3C  GRA - The Right to Bear Arms.esp
3D  NoFastTravel_NV.esp
3E  Glow Sticks.esp
3F  epock.esp
40  Free Tribal Outfits.esp
41  merccustom.esp
42  Sack of Holding-NV.esp  [Version 1.0.0]
43  sexysleepwearnr.esp
44  WastelandCourier.esp
++  sexysleepwearreplacera.esp
++  Mens Magazines Replacer.esp
45  1nivVSLArmors.esp  [Version 1.2]
++  1nivDWSLPatch.esp  [Version 1.2]
46  Type3MClothing.esp
47  Type3MClothing_HH.esp
48  Type3MClothing_OWB.esp
49  NCRCF Reinforcements.esp
++  RSCR-Enhanced.esp
4A  RSCR-Expansion_Decks.esp
4B  AllCompanionsEssential 2.0b.esp
4C  Companions teleporter.esp
4D  Companion Sandbox Mode.esp  [Version 2]
4E  SunnyCompanion.esp
4F  noautoaim.esp
++  realistic headshots HC VATS.esp
50  UsableCigarettes neunen Ver for New Vegas.esp
++  Weapon Mod Expansion.esp
++  WME - AWOP.esp
++  WME - GRA - Weapon Integration.esp
++  WME - GRA - Vendor Reform.esp
51  WME - GRA - Unique Integration.esp
++  WME - GRA - Just Guns.esp
52  WME - GRA - Complete.esp
++  WME - GRA - Arenovalis.esp
++  WME - GRA - All Weapons.esp
++  WME - DLCs.esp
++  WME - DLCs Arenovalis.esp
53  AWOP FOOK Weapon Patch.esp
54  Alternative Start.esp
55  AWOPFSOPatch.esp
56  AWOPDeadMoney.esp
57  NVEC Complete NVCE FOOK Patch.esp
58  NVEC Complete NVCE AWOP Patch.esp
59  NSkies URWLifiedOWB.esp
5A  NSkies URWLifiedHH.esp
++  NSkies URWLifiedDM.esp
5B  Interior Lighting Overhaul - Ultimate Edition.esp  [Version 6.5]
5C  ILO - GS Shack.esp  [Version 1.2]
++  ILO - PipBoy Light.esp  [Version 1.0]
5D  ILO - NVInteriors Project - AWOP.esp  [Version 1.5]
5E  ILO - NSkies URWLified Patch.esp  [Version 1.1]
5F  ILO - A World of Pain.esp  [Version 1.1]
60  FNNsysNV.esp
++  UWHNV-Addon-Time for Bed NV.esp
61  UseableToilets.esp
62  sleep_on_back_sexy.esp
63  UWHNV-Useable_Toilet_Bath_Shower.esp
64  RHKGilbertCompanion-Mikoto.esp
++  Roberts_NewVegas.esp
65  MikotoBeauty.esp
66  MiscItemIconsNV.esp
67  Bashed Patch, 0.esp
68  SmallerTalk.esp
69  SexoutZAZ.esp
6A  SexoutResolutions.esp
6B  SexoutDiscounts.esp
6C  SexoutConsequences.esp
6D  SexoutCompanions.esp
6E  SexoutSS_C.esp
6F  msexCourtesan.esp
70  msexFort.esp
71  msexVeronica.esp
72  SexoutBrutalRapers.esp
73  SexoutRapist.esp
74  SexoutStraponSex.esp
75  SexoutFiends.esp
76  SexoutKhans.esp
77  SexoutKings.esp
78  SexoutNCR.esp
79  SexoutPowderGangers.esp
7A  SexoutWorkingGirl.esp
7B  SexoutHookupsAlt.esp
7C  SexoutFadeToBlack.esp
7D  SexoutRocket.esp
7E  SexoutASB.esp

You can get rid of the menu lag by going to the console and typing in "pcb" without the quotes. It means purge cell buffer. This is an old bug with the Gamebryo engine and was existant with FO3 and Oblivion too. The more mods you have, the faster it happens. 

Since you restarted your game after disabling those mods your buffer was cleared again, so you've noticed no lag.

Try restarting the game, if pcb doesn't have any effect. Memory clutters up after extended playtimes. Maybe try a system reset even. This is a known problem with the game and has nothing to do with sexout in particular, but with the amount of mods as a whole.

I know that with all my mods enabled except sexout, the issue vanishes. Even before a clean save.  When I enable the sexout mods the issue returns.  On new games, it's not apparent, the game that i've got about 5 hours playtime on is heavily bogged down with interface lag with sexout enabled, but runs fine with out them.

Did you just disable or did you completely remove the sexout mods from the data folder?

If you just disabled them, without removing them and you have created a savegame while they were active, they are still loaded with your save. I'm not denying that they might be one of the causes for menu lag over time, but this kind of lag happens with and without it. Just remove them completely, play for a couple of hours straight and you're going to see it again soon with that kind of load order. 

Just try "pcb" as soon as you notice it. If it still doesn't go away, restart your game.

Will try that.  Thanks for the advice.  :)

I do need to reduce my load order, just not sure where to start.  Dropping Sexout isn't really an option, I like the visceral "reality" that it tries to bring to the game.  

Will try that.  Thanks for the advice.   :)

I do need to reduce my load order, just not sure where to start.  Dropping Sexout isn't really an option, I like the visceral "reality" that it tries to bring to the game.  

We all are. ;)

Just to be clear when you say with/without sexout, do you mean strictly sexout.esm, or do you mean that + all the other sexout things you're using? If the latter, try them one by one. Sexout.esm itself shouldn't cause any lag -- it doesn't do anything beyond init and the scanner, and the scanner runs really fast. Once upon a time, every sexout mod had it's own scanner, and they didn't cause any delays -- just each had their own bugs, and would have caused delays eventually if more people kept making them, so I added one to sexout that can report what it finds to any interested mods.

It's possible, though unlikely, that a formlist or the NX savefile associated with your save, has become extremely bloated.

Disable all the sexout mods, load your game, save it to a new slot, quit, enable the sexout mods, and load the new save you made. If it loads fast, it's probably a formlist bloat problem from some mod or another. If not, it's probably a munged up NX save.

Open your falloutNV directory and look in data/nvse/plugins/Extender/Saves

Look for any files there that are huge. These grow over time as your game progresses but should not be reaching into multiple-megabyte territory or beyond under normal play -- I don't think anyway.

Upon initial start the game loads rather quickly for the number of mods I'm using.  It's after I die and the game reloads the save that it can take a very very long time.  The little roulette wheel starts, stops and stutters for a long while.  

I'm only a few hours into a new game.  The saves in that folder are all 10kb or less.  The saves in Documents\My Games\Fallout NV\Saves are 6mb+.  i do not know how big those saves can get before being considered bloated.

Trying your advice now.

Try the first thing I mentioned -- a save and load to clean out the sexout formlists. This will also clean out lingering spells on the player and NPCs, scripted items, and so on.

Your savegame file size and NX file size are all quite normal and so aren't the source of your problem.

I've tried the first thing you mentioned several times over a few days before posting here for help and since.  I've also done it a couple of times since you recommended it.   :)

My results have either been the problem starts immediately or within a few minutes.  I know part of the problem was the Willow mod.  For some reason i've always had issues with Willow and Sexout even without the sexout plugins made for Willow.  I'm betting another mod is exacerbating the issue, but i daresay i don't know which one and i've been disabling/reordering/removing them completely for a couple of days now.  Game works fine until I load the Sexout *.esm's. 

EDIT:  Edited o.p. to reflect current load order.  

I'm trying to be.. systematic. I'd like to know at what point in the following the error occurs.

Prep work

Disable everything except FalloutNV.esm. Load your game and then save it in a new slot. Now, test loading that game with the following load orders:

Test 1

FalloutNV.esm

Sexout.esm

Test 2

FalloutNV.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutCommonResources.esm

Test 3

FalloutNV.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

Test 4

FalloutNV.esm

Sexout.esm

SexoutSlavery.esm

SexoutLegion.esm

SexoutStore.esm

.... you get the idea? I am trying to determine exactly *which* sexout ESM or ESP is causing your problems and I can only do that if you repeatedly test loading the game with only *one* new ESM/ESP added.

Since you said it was happening with just ESMs, those are the only ones you have to test. I don't know every sexout mod and which ones are ESMs vs which aren't, so I can't give an exhaustive 'search pattern'.

You should also be disabling the mods in FOMM's package manager. I don't know if you're aware, but if you uncheck a bunch of ESMs but accidentally leave an ESP checked off that uses one of them as a master, that master (and all the masters it needs) will be silently loaded in the background. E.g. if you disable every sexout related ESM but leave something like SexoutNCR.esp checked, then Legion, slavery, scr, and sexout are all going to get loaded anyway. The only way to ensure this doesn't happen is to remove the ESMs from your data directory entirely -- and the easiest way to do that is through the FOMM package manager. ;)

In Wrye, just unchecking Sexout.esm disables all the sexout mods that depend on it.  No inadvertently leaving an *.esp checked.

I've followed your test pattern with the sexout mods and the results were as i've stated above.  Doing that with ALL of the mods i have installed will take a great deal of time which i will spend if necessary to resolve this.  Hoping for some precedent for this to give me some insight on which mod/s are the likely culprit.

That's just it.  Some of the *.esms rely on others to work, so while having Sexout.esm and SexoutCommonResources.esm loaded might not cause a problem (after 20+/- of playtime they didn't seem to), the other *.esm files require those two to work, so at best i'm testing 3 at a time and the issue can take some time to show up.  I can start a new save and play for a couple of hours with no issue with all of the sexout mods loaded, but after that the cookie starts to crumble.

I really do appreciate your efforts to help and i'm sorry if i'm not giving you the information you need to better understand what i'm doing on my end to rectify this.

This just started happening to me as well.  Never happened before.  Takes a fair while though, so I've been dealing with it by restarting the game.

I have no more mods than I had before (less than 100).  The problem is, when I update I don't always play.  So this began sometime between updating the following mods.

Current Stable Preg

Current Stable SCR

Current SOSReplacer

Possibly Hookups?

And possibly any sexout mod update after 5/18.  I'm going by memory so take this with a grain of salt.  I do know for certain I have not updated any mods except Sexout mods, and this hasn't ever happened to me until at the earliest 5/23 - 5/25 (first time back to playing after updating).

Granted my game has always gotten bogged down after hours of play, but I have never had the loot lag problem or the space loading problem until as I describe above.  I see this as a minor issue because I have always had to restart my game after several hours of play.

EDIT:  OK I don't think it's SOFO or Tryouts.  Eliminating those.

If anyone with the issue can manage a 'sexout lite' experience for a while to test, you can grab the SSR download from the SexoutNG Beta release thread, which includes updated tryouts, workinggirl, and sewerslave -- and does not need SCR. If it's SCR or an SCR dependant mod causing the issue or not, using that group of plugins (and unfortunately, only that group) will tell us.

Will go grab that.  Thank you kindly.

I started it up and it popped a warning about needing to install ZaZ.  Should i just ignore that?

EDIT:  I've been running that Beta stuff for a few hours and I've not yet experienced any loot/interface or load lag.

Archived